12 – Fishing with a smile.
628 12 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I really enjoyed writing this chapter! Please Enjoy and comment!

12 - Fishing with a smile.

 

Eve Returned to the city with her new hook in hand. In the end the bone carver was still too busy so instead Eve purchased the tooth to do the carving herself. Eve found that it was so simple to make one by carving it out with her claw she had proceeded to make several hooks just in case she lost any while fishing. During that time Eve caught up with Neesha. They happily chatted away as Eve shared stories about her meetings with Talia and Lussa. Neesha showed Eve the Spyglass when she asked about it. as Eve examined she found that it was cleverly made of reflective metal inside which somehow made distance viewing easier. Someone with a lot of free time on their hands had to of designed the thing as it was rather too complex for Eve to understand.

(Eve: "hmm... No sign of glass used. Does it just not exist here?")

Eve found that Neesha had an insane amount of questions about math and calculations. She was especially interested in the double bookkeeping method Eve casually mentioned when Neesha brought up accounting. Neesha also obsessed over the idea of ten based counting method Eve had shared when she saw her use a paper to show her math work while making calculations. Even though Neesha did not understand the roman numerals at first she quickly took to them after a casual explanation from Eve.

(Eve: "Wonder if the girl wants to start her own bank? Maybe I should ask her about it later? Enough about that though, It's time to fish!)

Eve climbed on top of a nearby building and gave a look at the river that ran through the city.

(Eve: "Nope... not there... where is a good spot... Ah! over there looks good.)

Hopping over a wall Eve approaches her ideal spot and sits down by the river in the lotus position. using her makeshift rod she made from a sturdy tree branch from the woods and some string she borrowed from Talia (who was very upset that eve did not return at night.) Eve crafted her fishing rod. After baiting the hook with some bread she purchased from the marketplace Eve dipped her hook in the river. Shockingly eve immediately got a bite which she pulled up.

Eve looked at the fish she had caught closely but suddenly stuffed it in her mouth and swallowed it down whole. Eve was shocked by how easily the fish had fit in her mouth and down her throat. After giving it some thought she realized it was just another trait her subconscious put into her body design. Eve, before coming to this world had lived a lonely life, a life that had explored the strangest fetishes she had. One such fetish of Eve's being Vorarephilia. (Eve: "I wonder what other oddities my body has that are possibly related to fetishes?")

Eve felt the fish in her belly thrash a bit before settling down seemingly having vanished in her stomach. The fish its self was similar to a bass in size which was even stranger to swallow down in 1 gulp. Eve gave a look into the river and noticed the fish were swarming and despite looking like bass the fish themselves all had rows of sharp teeth. Eve put her fishing line into the water without bait and immediately one of the fish hooked it. (Eve: "What are these fish? Are they some weird combination of piranha and bass? Do the locals even swim in the river?") Eve found that she couldn't imagine anyone falling in without being torn up by the fish and gave a shudder.

Eve: "May as well keep fishing!"

Eve continued enjoying her little fishing adventure, no longer did she bother baiting her hook. Eve would just put her line in and pull up another fish to stuff in her mouth. After Eve had caught around 20 fish she laid back on the ground with a bloated belly as it quickly shrunk down, her round belly shrinking as a few minutes passed.

Eve: "Couldn't stop swallowing them as soon as I got them. I don't have that bad self-control do I?"

As Eve digested her meal she remembered the conversation she had with the gate guard while receiving her reward. The man did not take her seriously as she reported the strange army she found in the forest. It seemed he even short-changed her reward only passing her 2 coins even though it didn't matter to her. He obviously carried a strange prejudice of beastkin. After considering her claim... even if they did take her seriously there would be little the city could do to prepare for the threat. The guards were hardly 'Better equipped to handle a few bugs than you beasts' as the guard put it. Even though the bones used to craft their weapons were comparable to steel, their armies were lacking in any form of coordination. The only thing she could do was make sure she was prepared herself.

Focusing her attention Inward Eve examined her aura. Eve followed her aura to the where it gathered and noticed it was all held in a spiritual vessel. When Eve would move her aura the vessel would drain only to quickly fill again with aura. After the vessel was full the extra aura would spill over and wash away from her body as if it was a jug that was overfilled with water. Well if the jug was similar to a sphere that gathered water that came near it from any angle.

Eve focused her aura and pressed it against the vessel and attempted to forcefully add more aura into the vessel. Eve held her aura for a minute until the hold she had on it slipped and the vessel continued to spill aura the same as it did before. Eve attempted this a few more times before deciding that her attempts were not working. Eve instead attempted to grab the aura that she already had in her vessel and simply compress it together. The compression worked a lot smoother than attempting to force more in and when the aura got to a certain size she felt a *plop*.  The aura she was condensing had vanished!

What Eve saw when she examined her vessel again was astounding. The vessel would not contract her aura to a small size and then with a *plop* more would fit through a tiny hole in the vessel's center to a larger spiritual cavern that was at least 100 times bigger than her vessel. Eve also noticed that the aura in the Cavern would gather against another hole in the center leading deeper into her aura network. When Tried to press against the new hole with the new aura inside the cavern she found that despite its size it would not enter. Eve got the feeling she would need to wait for the cavern to fill with energy before attempting to condense it to fit it through again. The whole process of filling the cavern Eve estimated would take around 9 days.

?: "Excuse me miss..."

Eve opened her eyes to find a pair of beautiful brown eyes staring back at her. both of the 2 just stared into each other's eyes for a bit memorized before Eve took another look. The person in front of her was quite a handsome man with a nice native skin tone and long silky brown hair extending just above his chest. Eve gave the man a smile breaking him out of his daze as he stared at her eyes.

Eve: "If you were attempting to kiss me *giggles* usually I prefer to go on a date first before receiving a kiss from a guy but for you, I will make an exception!"

?: "Ah... What? No... I didn't... *cough* W-what are you doing in my back yard?"

The man was flustered and blushing from Eve's comment.

Eve: "Catching fish and enjoying the sun! Want to join me?"

?: "No... I'll Permit you sneaking into my yard this time... but next time at least have the decency to knock or don't... come back." 

The man seemed to emphasize the 'come back' part of his sentence as if that was his true meaning all along.

Eve smiled and stood up and gave the man a quick kiss to the cheek.

Eve: "Ah thank you! I will be sure to come and visit next time I thank of fishing! My name is Eve!"

?: "...Rory."

The man said to no one as Eve had already hopped over the wall and was gone. 

Rory: *sigh* "I guess ill tell her my name next time."

A few alleyways away Eve walked with a smile on her face.

Eve: "Rory!"

Eve: "I'll see you next time Rory!"

If your having trouble pronouncing his name think 'Roar-E'

20