SS1 – Rory Ingara – Part 2
555 9 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Side Story 1 - Rory Ingara - (part 2)

 

After meeting with Marsh I sent my Lieutenant to locate the beastman who helped fight off the hydra and offer a reward and went to meet with Garm.

Rory: "Hey there big guy! You look strong as ever!"

Garm: "bwahaha! Oh hey there little Cub lord!"

Rory: "Garm I am not a little kid, besides... to you everyone is a little Cub."

Garm: "That right? Doubt I'm in the best condition at the moment for you to say "Strong as ever" but give me a few days and ill be back out there wiping these whelps you call hunters into shape!"

The black bearkin named Garm gives a huge smile with his row of sharp teeth while his little daughter hugs his arm.

Rory: "Hello again Lussa."

Lussa: "Hello Mister lord! Lussa would greet you but Lussa has to look after Papa."

Garm sweeps his daughter for a hug.

Garm: "Don't worry Lussa! Papa isn't so weak he can't hug his daughter!"

Lussa giggles under the playful hug and tickling her father is giving her.

Lussa: "Papa!" *hehe* "Stop Papa, Lussa needs to look after papa now! Ahh... haha... Lussa can't be tickled now!"

Rory: "So Garm. Tell me about this new beastkin that showed up to fight off the Hy..."

Soldier: "Hydra!"

A soldier raised the alarm and I quickly rush to the gate leaving a few soldiers to look after Garm and his daughter when suddenly a streak of yellow rushes past me and out to face the hydras outside the camp. That was my first encounter with 'Her'. Her Shawl fluttered as she ran, what little clothing she was wearing was a colorful splash of green and white on her yellow fur. With a swing of her arm hydras were given blows from several feet away. I could not understand what she was doing, she just swung her fist and a hydra head was sent flying back. However he blows were not enough to force the hydra back and they eventually caught up to her and began attacking with their heads. She elegantly weaved through the attacking hydra not even several hydra attacking her at once could land a single blow. However she was just 1 person and the other hydra went around her and quickly approached the camp. While the Archers and Spearmen of the camp kept them at bay and the walls kept them from entering, the hydra circled around the camp and began to head for the city.

Rory: "Not good! Lieutenant get your men to head after them! Stall them as long as you can! We can't let them get to the city!"

Lieutenant: "Yes my lord!"

When I turned my head to look around again suddenly a few of the hydra were killed by her almost instantly. There was an eerie beauty about her as she swiftly began to pick apart the hydra with her claws not allowing for a single drop of blood to touch her skin. As my Lieutenant got to the gate suddenly she disappeared and appeared behind my men knocking them out with a strike and sending them back to the camp. Another soldier... that looks like one of Marsh's men went out after yelling something but he was sent back to the camp the same way. Then suddenly she disappeared and when I located her again the hydra that was heading for the city were dead. The hydra scattered not wanting to face the lioness who was killing them. Suddenly she shot out in the direction that the hydra had came from.

I quickly gathered my men to follow after her as this whole issue with the hydra had strange written all over it. When we came to a clearing we found the corpses of several strange winged creatures however there was no sign of her. I had my men gather a few of the more intact creatures and headed back to the camp where my Lieutenant was waking up. 

Rory: "Lieutenant, Are you feeling well enough to do some scouting? We need to check out the limestone caverns deep in the jungle... We found what looked like a swarm of these creatures from where the hydra had come from. Take a few men with you that are better suited for stealth and do not engage if you find more of them..."

Lieutenant: "Right away City Lord!"

Lieutenant Tyrian of my personal guard is a good man. I will forgive her for roughing up my men... it was a desperate attempt to stall the hydra and chances are I would have lost most if not all them.

Sometime during my stay during that night to ensure the safety of the camp a few hunters began taking up music and sitting beside them I saw her again... sitting and humming a beautiful tune. Although I wish to talk to her and give her my thanks... I find that it would be wrong to disturb her at the moment... She possesses a deep solemnness to herself at the moment as though she carries a heavy weight on her shoulders.

Rory: "I suppose I'll have the guard inform me when she is given her reward and invite her to visit. It would be easier to speak with her at my home."

 


 

Rory: "It's late... Is she not going to visit?"

Maid: "My lord it is still before noon... Perhaps she plans to visit later?"

Rory: "Perhaps..." *sigh*

I put down my pen at my desk.

Rory: "I am taking a break to walk in the garden... reschedule my appointments for the hour."

Maid: "I will see to it my lord."

As I head outside to my garden my eyes are immediately drawn to the river. There she is just sitting there... laying by the river. I slowly approach and find she has her eyes closed... Is she sleeping? Looking down at her face she carries a peaceful beauty about herself. Well may as well call out to her and see why she didn't meet since I had sent her an invitation.

Rory: "Excuse me miss..."

Her eyes open and I lose myself in them. In the center of her eyes a glowing ring of the color of the sun and on inside and outside of the rings are black as night. I had not noticed it right away bout outside her Iris there are flecks of light as though her eyes were the night sky.

?: "If you were attempting to kiss me *giggles* usually I prefer to go on a date first before receiving a kiss from a guy but for you, I will make an exception!"

 


 

After our too brief chat she was gone... I realized that I forgot to ask why she did not visit. Has my head become completely empty now forgetting such a simple thing? Perhaps I have been working too hard of late? I blush remembering our conversation but then I remember what I said and how I acted and frown... I came off a bit rude? Perhaps she is upset at me and ran off? I remember her lips touching my cheek and shake my head. Would she kiss my cheek if I was rude?

Rory: "Eve... May we meet again..."

20