Lesson Three Chapter Twenty-Three – How To Win Verse Leviathan (1)
104 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “Okay, so let’s go over this one more time. You want to get into the attic at the top of the stairs. But Lucifer’s standing in your way. So, you’ve got to do something about him. Which is why ya need the cursed vinyl edition of The Tale of the Seven Lords soundtrack. I mean, I don’t understand why Lucifer cares so much about somethin’ like that either, but whatever. The point is that Levi’s got the soundtrack, and ya need to borrow it from him. And the only way to do that is to get him to like you by becoming a big TSL nerd just like him.” I tried not to let out a yawn as Mammon continued to recap what we were doing. I was feeling so tired that I couldn’t bother to put in my contact, worrying I would poke my eyes out so I am stuck with my glasses.

 

  “So, we were up all last night watching a marathon session of every TSL DVD. Now it’s time for a review. I’ll quiz you to see just how well you understand it. We’ll start with TSL DVD Volume 2. After falling into a trap set by Henry and the Lord of Shadow, the Lord of Fools is forced to flee to the north. When he gets there, he finds his former sweetheart’s body frozen in ice. What’s her name?” I didn’t want to use my brain at the moment but I needed to get myself ready for when I ran into Levi again.

 

  “Geldie,” I told Mammon that as I forced down a yawn that was trying to come up. I am still confused about how he wasn’t dead tired like me right now.

 

  “Correct. Eh, though anyone could’ve gotten that right, as easy as it was.” I had to agree with Mammon on that and I kind of felt insulted as an otaku but I knew I shouldn’t get too cocky since I was still new to TSL.

 

  “All right, let’s hit DVD Volume 5 next. Hostile forces from another land invade the Lord of Flies’ country, surrounding and isolating him so his people will starve. So, the Lord of Fools tries to help his brother. The Lord of Fools means well, but his efforts backfire. As a result, the Lord of Flies ends up in an even worse situation. The reason for this has to do with the supply of food that the Lord of Fools sends. Tell me what the problem was.” I thought for a second at what Mammon told me as I remember what happened. It shouldn't be that hard to remember because Mammon was crying during this scene.

 

  “The food was spoiled.” I lifted my glasses slightly as I rub my tired eyes. I felt something cold touch me and I look confused at the energy drink Mammon was giving me. I took it and still gave him a confused look but he only looked away with a frown. Well doesn't matter to me, I got myself some energy drink to wake me up.

 

  “Right. The Lord of Fools really did mean well, but a long rainy spell caused the food he sent to spoil. Ugh… Every single time I think about it, it makes me wanna cry…” I reached into my uniform pocket and took out a packet of tissues to give to Mammon and he took it with red cheeks.

 

  “All right, time to move on. Next up is DVD Volume 7. The Lord of Corruption imprisons the Lord of Emptiness in the Tower of Shadow, refusing to forgive his brother for leading a rebellion against him. The other lords lament the fate of their youngest brother, but there’s nothing they can do to help him. Why is that?” This was something I could remember as well because Mammon was complaining about this scene and how it was unfair.

 

  “They were afraid of the Lord of Corruption.”  I took a sip of my energy drink after I said this, feeling some of the tiredness in me disappear.

 

 “Great. Looks like you can do this when ya really put your mind to it. You may seem like an airhead, but I’ve gotta admit, you did pretty well. I’d say you should be able to convince Levi that ya know your stuff at this point.” Mammon looked confident as he said this but I was still kind of doubtful. Some otaku are hard to convince that you know your stuff.

 

  “...Hey, human.” I choke slightly when I took a sip of my energy drink when I heard Levi's voice calling out to me. I turned around and saw a pretty angry looking Levi coming closer to me.

 

  “Ah, well speak of the devil…” I didn’t know if Mammon was making a pun or something but I wasn’t paying attention to him at the moment. I was too worried about how Levi was going to react since he looked rather mad.

 

  “I heard what you’re up to, human. Seems you’re trying to suck up to me so I’ll like you.” Levi gave me a dirty look as he said this and I just awkwardly looked away as I took a sip from my energy drink. ‘How does he know….?’


Sup, I am done with this chapter! I manage to finish the event of the game already and I am dead inside. I am still mad I couldn't summon something good but maybe next time. Well, now I got that out and done with I hope that this chapter was enjoyable for you. I hope that everyone is safe and healthy. Well that it for now. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

 

5