Lesson Five Chapter Forty – Making Up Is Hard To Do (2)
53 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“If you insist on sending an exchange student to the human world, I’ll go instead. So could you let Belphie come back here to Devildom?” Beel looked at Lucifer with a pleading expression but Lucifer's expression just hardened.

 

  “No,” Lucifer said it in a way that left no room for argument. He really just gave off the aura of a strict parent. “But?” Beel tried to say something but was stopped by Lucifer with a frown.

 

  “You understand Diavolo’s dream, don’t you?” Lucifer's voice was cold as he asked Beel this. It felt like the air was getting to a freezing level with how icy Lucifer's gaze was.

 

  “...For angels, demons, and humans to recognize, accept, and respect one another. And to create a new world together?” Beel said this in a quiet voice as he looked anywhere but Lucifer's gaze.

 

  “Exactly. And the first step toward that goal is this exchange program. But Belphegor opposed it. I will eliminate anyone who tries to stand in the way of Diavolo’s dream, no matter who they might be. Even if it’s my own brother.” I couldn’t help but call Lucifer an asshole in my heart as he said this. I mean I wouldn’t say that out loud in case Lucifer could hear me but he is a total asshole…

 

  “Beel, it’s not that I don’t understand how you feel. Belphie is your twin brother, and you were especially close to him. So with that said, answer me this. Who would you choose to side with, Belphegor or me?” Lucifer's expression was a cold one and Beel's expression grew nervous at this question. I frown at the question Lucifer just asked Beel, thinking it was unfair to make him choose like that.

 

  “...So he can’t manage to answer, eh? That’s just like Beel…” When I heard a voice behind me I quickly cover my mouth before I could let out a sound. Turning around I saw Mammon was just standing behind me with his arms crossed. I glared at him for scaring me like that, he could have at least made himself known or whatever.

 

  “What? Don’t look at me like that. You were eavesdroppin’ on them too. You tryin’ to tell me that it’s okay for you to do it, but not me? If we stay here too long, eventually Lucifer is gonna find us. Come on, let’s head over that way.” Mammon grabbed my arm and pulled me over to the dining room. I looked back where Beel was staying with a nervous expression and felt really reluctant to just leave him behind like this.

 

  Mammon finally stopped pulling me and I just awkwardly looked at my feet as I tried not to say anything about him finding me listening in on Lucifer and Beel's conversation.

 

  “...So, Beel told you about Belphie and Lilith, did he?” I looked up surprised when he mentioned that and Mammon was just nodding his head with an impressed smile on his face.

 

  “I’ve gotta say, gettin’ Beel to tell you about Belphie and Lilith… for a human, you’ve done good! I gotta hand it to ya!... Anyway, how do I explain this? So, we were all actually angels up in the Celestial Realm before we fell from grace, so to speak. Back then, Lucifer was especially fond of Beel, Belphie, and Lilith. He loved those three. But things changed after we ended up in the Devildom. Lucifer is such a super-serious guy and all, so...after pleading loyalty to Lord Diavolo, he always put Diavolo’s desires first from that point on, no matter what. He does it even when it’s something he doesn’t agree with, ya know? I mean, seriously, would it kill him to be a little flexible sometimes?” Mammon raised both his shoulders while letting out a heavy sigh. I guess I could see where Mammon was coming from when he told me this. It would be annoying seeing someone just listen to every single word of someone and not say anything back. 

 

 “But anyway, that’s what brought this on. When Lord Diavolo suggested this exchange program thing, and Belphie opposed it… Lucifer wouldn’t listen to a thing Belphie said. He just sent him straight up to the human world, and that was that. I mean, I’m not sayin’ that Belphie would’ve convinced him of anything even if he’d taken the time to listen. But still...if the two of them would’ve talked it out, I can’t help thinkin’ things would’ve turned out different…” Mammon kind of looked cool as he said this and all the former things I usually thought about him went away for a second there… He was really mature…

 

  “Whoa, did ya hear that?! I just said somethin’ kinda awesome there, didn’t I?! It’s not often I do that! Way to go, me! MAN, I’m amazing! Hey, come on, I think I deserve some praise here! And while you’re at it, how about ya show a little reverence, too!” And… it is gone now. Mammon just killed it and I am not surprised at all. I just clicked my tongue at him as I looked away to think for a while.

 

  ‘Belphegor wants to talk to Lucifer and fix things between them. Beel wants his brother back and the only way to do that is to solve this issue between them. I didn’t want to involve myself in this but I really can’t just ignore this now…’ I was nervously biting inside of my cheek as I thought deeply about what I was going to do… I am really seeking death here at the moment.

 

  “Hey, come on! Are you even listenin’ to anything I’m sayin’ here? Don’t ignore me!” Mammon notice I wasn’t listening anymore but I really didn’t care at the moment. I realize that if Lucifer and Belphegor talk with each other then something might actually change for the better.

 

 But I am mostly worried for Beel who is caught between this. It is really hard on him from what I can see and I really find it kind of upsetting seeing that.’ Realizing what I had to do I left the dining room, ignoring Mammon's call from behind me. I had to do this right now before I changed my mind and pretended not to know anything.

 

  “...Well, this certainly is unexpected. It’s only been a day, and already you’re back. I thought it would be longer before you returned, if you ever did at all. So, I take it you’ve decided to help me?” Belphegor looked at me with a lazy look as I stood in front of the door between us. I had a serious expression on my face as I kept on urging myself not to change my mind.

 

  “I have to wonder, though. What was it that changed your mind?” Belphegor looked at me with a curious look and I thought for a second before answering him.

 

  “I’m doing this for Beelzebub.” I was being honest with him when I said this. I didn’t want Beel to have to deal with something like this. It isn’t nice to have to deal with your siblings fighting with each other and having to choose a side.

 

  “...For Beel? I see… Well, no matter what your reason is, this works out well for me. So I’m fine with it. Now, I’ll say this as many times as I have to, because it’s important… You can’t tell my other brothers anything about this. They have to keep believing that I’m up in the human world as an exchange student. Now, if you’ve got that, then go ahead and go back to your room.” Belphegor motioned for me to go away and I tried not to roll my eyes at how he was acting, he was trapped in a room yet he was bossing me around.

 

  “...Actually, wait a minute. There’s something important I still haven’t said: I really do appreciate your help. Honestly. If you hadn’t shown up, I would’ve been trapped up here for who knows how long. So I want you to know I’m grateful… Thank you, Yuki.” Belphegor gave me a gentle smile and the annoyance I felt a moment ago went away quickly, being replaced by a warm fuzzy feeling.

 

  I left the attic feeling more relaxed and when I got to the bottom of the step I could hear my D.D.D ring from my pocket. Wondering who was trying to reach me through the phone I took it out of my pocket and look at the screen. I raise an eyebrow when I saw it was Luke.


Luke - Can you come outside now?

Luke - I’m in front of the House of Lamentation.


  I felt confused that he was here but I headed straight to the entrance of the house to see what he wanted. When I got to the entrance and headed outside I saw that Luke was standing outside with a frown on his face that went away when he saw me.

 

  “Yuki…! You came, thank you! I was worried… I don’t know what I’d do if someone saw me hanging out in a place like this.” Luke looked around with a nervous look on his face and I tried not to laugh at the way he was acting.

 

  “Do you need something? I never thought you would come to this place because of how much you dislike demons…” With how many times he kept telling me how much he disliked demons and not to trust demons I am surprised he came here. 

 

  “Yeah. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have come to this den of demons. Now, I’ll get right to the point. I need you to let me spend the night in your room tonight. Please, I’m begging you…!” Luke grab my clothes and look up at me with big eyes and I could help but picture a little dog begging me at the moment.

 

 ‘Waahh… He is so cute… But I don’t know if Beel would be okay with this… But I can’t say no to this face of his!’ I was just having a hard time figuring what I should do at this moment. Say no and turn away this cute little angel or say yes while risking pissing off Lucifer... 


I am done with this chapter~ I was kind of not here for the whole week since I learned my mom covid positive and that made me really depressed for a while if I am being honest. I am not okay but not depressed anymore. Distracting yourself by playing games and writing is really helpful. Well, I do hope that you enjoyed this chapter and that you are safe and healthy. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

0