Lesson Six Chapter Forty-Five – There Are Some Wounds Time Can’t Heal (1)
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “...There’s nothing here. It’s just a wall. But the dollhouse… it definitely showed a small room here.” Beel and me were standing at the place that was locked in the dollhouse but there was just a wall in front of us, no door.

 

  “But there’s no door. And if I remember correctly, the only thing that should be on the other side of this wall is Lucifer’s room. Could the dollhouse model be wrong…?” Beel looked confused as he looked hard at this wall. I started to think deeply about the reason why we couldn’t see the room located in the dollhouse.

 

  “Your memory and the dollhouse isn’t wrong.” Beel was remembering what was behind this wall correctly and the dollhouse was showing a room that no one in the house knows about. So of course Beel wouldn’t know about a secret room!

 

  “So you’re saying that there’s a room there, but you wouldn’t know it from the outside?in other words, a secret room?” Beel looked closer at the world and let out a gasp when he saw something on the wall that seemed important.

 

  “...Take a look at this, Yuki. Look at this spot on the wall. It looks like a decorative pattern, but I can make out words written there. It’s a message written in the language of angels. This is what it says: “When the morning star dwelt in the heavens, its light shone down upon this one, sparkling brilliantly, the eighth of the eight.” It’s a riddle. And more importantly, I know the answer to it. “The morning star” is another name for Lucifer. So “when the morning star dwelt in the heavens” means “when Lucifer was an angel.” “Its light shone down upon this one, sparkling brilliantly, the eighth of the eight.” That part refers to someone Lucifer loved deeply: the eighth child of eight, our sister. Her name was Lilith.”  After Beel said that the wall opened up and there was a tense silence between us. For some reason I don’t know if I should ask more about this sister of his, the look in his eyes didn’t look good…

 

  “...Let’s go.” Beel walked into the secret room and I followed behind him quietly. When we got into the room I saw a lot of furniture covered in cloth and there was a bit of dust covering the things in this room. It seems like a room that hasn't been used in a long time…

 

  “I...I know this place… It’s Lilith’s room from back up in the Celestial Realm. I’m sure of it. What’s Lilith’s room doing here, in the House of Lamentation…?” Beel looked shaken up as he stood in this room, he looked like he wanted to cry but didn’t allow himself to. 

 

  “...If it is okay with you I’d like to know more about Lilith.” I felt a bit bad asking about her since it seemed like a sore subject but I was curious about this little sister of these demon brothers….

 

  “Like I said before, Lilith was our little sister. But she’s gone now. She died. In the Great Celestial War. Do you know about the Great Celestial War? About what happened then?” Beel looked over towards me as he asked me this and I tried not to look into his sad-looking eyes.

 

  “No, I don’t.” I don’t really know much about the history of this place so I wouldn’t know much about a war that happened in the past.

 

  “My brothers and I were originally angels. That was back before the Great Celestial War?before we were cast out. Lucifer incited a revolution against our father, and we align ourselves with him. Those who followed our father fought against those who followed Lucifer. That was the Great Celestial War. In the end, our father crushed our rebellion, and cast us out of the Celestial Realm. During the battle, my sister Lilith’s wing was pierced by an arrow. Both Belphie and I saw it. It happened right in front of our eyes… She fell down out of heavens and… died.” Beel bit his lip and his voice cracked as he spoke. I felt conflicted about whether I should comfort him or just do nothing…

 

  “Just before Lilith was shot, I saw angels from the opposing side draw their bows and aim at both her and Belphie. I couldn’t save them both… the three of us were too far apart. I knew I’d only be able to get to one of them in time. Then suddenly Belphie’s eyes met mine...and just like that, I rushed over to him and shielded him from the attack. I wasn’t able to save Lilith. She died. And it was my fault.” Beel's expression grew dark and his shoulder started to shake. I got concerned about this and moved to get closer to him but didn’t move to touch him.

 

  “You did nothing wrong, Beel…” Even though I said that my words didn’t seem that comforting. I didn’t know what to say to him after he saw his sister die in front of him. It would just seem like empty words of comfort.

 

  “Everyone tells me that. “You couldn’t help it,” that’s what they all say. But none of them saw what I saw. They didn’t see how Lilith looked at me as the arrow pierced her wing in the split second before she fell. They didn’t see that look of despair… Belphie hasn’t ever come out and said it, but I think he blames me for not being able to save Lilith. I know he wanted me to save her instead of him. In fact, I knew that at the time, but I chose to save him instead...Yuki, what would you have done?” Beel looked serious as he asked me this and I felt like I was being asked the world's hardest question.

  ‘...I feel like I want to puke…’ My stomach was twisting in discomfort and I wanted to go lay down so I could avoid answering this. This is too much stress for me to handle at the moment…


Hello, Hello~ Here another chapter for this story! We are getting closer to the drama, I love me some drama! Another Beel finally has his song out and I haven't checked it out yet but I may listen to it soon. Also, I finished the bunny event for obey me and it was so fun! I wish that I got more stuff so I could level up more of my cards... It so hard to get through the lessons now! Glowsticks are so hard to get a lot of! Anyway, I hope this chapter was enjoyable and that you are safe physically and mentally. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

0