Lesson Six Chapter Fifty-Four – Sometimes There Is Comfort in Dreams – Intermission (2)
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Okay then! It’s time we came up with a name for this team of ours!” Mammon slammed down his drink and I tried not to flinch at how loud it was, Mammon is rather overdramatic with his actions... 

  “...A name? Do we really need a name?” Beel's words were a bit hard to understand as he continued to eat more food. I really can’t get over how much he could eat and still have such a good-looking body.

  “ ‘Course we do! We’ve gotta figure these things out, get our ducks in a row before we do anything else. It promotes spirits, you know! Makes you more likely to succeed!” Mammon had a smug-looking smirk on his face as he told us this and I tried not to roll my eyes at how he was acting.

  “Evil Genesis DEMONGELION.” I could feel my drink almost come out of my nose when I heard Levi's name. My eyes were getting all watery as I tried not to let out a laugh at what I just heard. I grabbed a napkin and cleaned up my face just in case anything was on it and to hide the fact I was about to laugh.

  “Nah. Too obvious. Everyone’ll know where you stole that from. Could create problems down the road. We should give it a cooler-soundin’ name. You know, like Solomon and His 72 Demons...Hey, I know! How about Mammon and His 3 Servants?!” I went back to drinking as I ignored Mammon's idea and pretended like I didn’t hear it.

  “...Ooh. This is the limited edition item I was looking for. It was out of stock on Akuzon, but now it’s back!” Levi was looking through his D.D.D. as he also ignores Mammon. He moved closer to me so I could see what he was talking about.

  “Mmm, this is delicious. The meat is so tender… I think I’ll order another.” Beel licked his lips after he finished eating one of his dishes. He was looking at my plate that still had some food left on it and I pushed it towards him with a sigh.

  “Hey, come on, DON’T IGNORE ME!” Mammon slammed his hand on the table as he grew annoyed at being ignored. And so the conversation continued late into the evening. Though it never got any less idiotic, the four of us had a good time, and that’s all that mattered...


A Few Hours Laters…

  I walked into House Lamentation while letting out a yawn. I was by myself since the other brothers were off somewhere else. I wanted to head off to sleep but stopped once I realized Lucifer was standing in front of me. I quickly stood up straight and looked at him with nervous eyes.

  “You sure are back late. Did you go out to eat with Beel and the others?” Lucifer asked me this but I knew he already knew the answer to the question he was asking me. I awkwardly nodded my head and looked at my feet as I tried to come up with something to say to him.

  “...So Mammon and Levithan were there too? I was worried whether they’d be able to put their differences aside at first, but it seems like they’re getting along well. The repairs to the kitchen are finally done. And the wall to your room is fixed, too. You should move back into your room tomorrow and start sleeping there again.” Lucifer told me this before leaving off to his room, I am assuming.

  ‘It seems that tonight is going to be my last night in Beel’s room.’ I feel relieved at this but it was a bit sad that I would no longer be sleeping in the same room as Beel anymore. I headed to the bathroom to wash myself off before heading to Beel's room to fall asleep. I knew he wouldn’t be there at the moment since he was still eating…


  Beel Room…

  “...Yuki, you awake?” I was in a state where I was not fully awake but not fully asleep. I could hear Beel's voice and feel his weight on the bed. “Well, either way, it doesn’t matter. I need you to listen to what I’ve got to say.” I could feel him shift on the bed and he felt even closer to me.

  “You remember how I told you about Lilith, right? Well, sometimes I dream about her, and they’re not happy dreams. They’re the sort of dreams you don’t want to have. Long ago, back when we were in the Celestial Realm, I asked her a question: Lilith, if you had to choose between saving either me or Belphie, who would it be? She just looked at me and said, Both of you! Now, everything I just told you really did happen… But when I dream about it, it doesn’t end there. Lilith and Belphie disappear, and I’m left all alone. Everything is pitch-black, and suddenly I’m falling. Falling down through a void…” Beel didn’t speak for a while and I open my eyes to look at him.

 He looked like he was holding back tears and I slowly moved closer to him. The sad look on his face disappear and he just look at me for a while, I could feel my ears getting hot but I tried not to look away from him.

  “Would it be okay if...if I held your hand, Yuki? For a little bit. Until I fall asleep.” Beel looked embarrassed as he asked me this. I could feel my cheeks getting hot as well but I ignore it as I took his hand in mine. My hand was shaking but I made sure to squeeze his hand and give him a small smile.

  “Thanks.” Beel smiles back at me before he snuggles up closer to me and closes his eyes. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears but I tried to ignore it as I forced my eyes close. I didn’t know how to sleep in a bed with someone who wasn’t family, especially someone so attractive.

  ‘Beel… I really hope one day you can get over the sadness of losing your sister. I am pretty sure she wouldn’t want you to feel so guilty about it… She loved you too much for that.’ I said the words I wanted to say to Beel in my head and felt myself falling asleep. It felt so nice being so close to someone… I will sleep well tonight.

“...Beel… You’ve got to help him… You’ve got to help Belphie. Promise me, Beel. Promise you’ll help him…” 

  Beel quickly woke up and sat up in bed. He could feel sweat over his body as he breathed hard. He looked around the room before letting out a sigh once he realized it was just a dream.

  “...Oh. I guess I was dreaming… But it wasn’t the usual dream. This one was different. Do you think it could’ve been because you were here, Yuki…?” Beel looked over at Yuki who was sound asleep and still holding his hand close to them. Beel went and lay back down next to Yuki and looked at his peaceful sleeping face.

  “Ah… You drool in your sleep. How cute.” Beel chuckled to himself before he went back to sleep with a smile on his face and pulled Yuki closer to him before going back to sleep once again.


I am back from the dead. I was dealing with school stuff and other things. I finally graduated high school and I had to deal with a party to celebrate that as well. So I really didn't have that much time on my hands. I could have made time but I knew I would have gotten so burned out that I couldn't even write anything with how empty my head was. But I am finally ready to write again, I really need to write again. Well, I hope this chapter was enjoyable and that you are safe physically and mentally. Bye-bye for now and I hope to see you again (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ~☆

 

0