Prologue.
3.3k 19 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, little guy! Come here, please. It is dangerous out there, you know?!"

Meet Chris Catlove - twenty years old youth whose love for cats is genetical. It is in his blood, something he got from his ancestors. 

How can someone like him ignore a cute little kitten who is trembling in fear high at the tree? Of course, he can't! 

Unfortunately, Chris didn't have any food with him, or a laser pointer, let alone an extension ladder. Still, he was rather confident in his tree-climbing abilities! 

...

Huh, where am I?

Chris Catlove floated in the white emptiness, his body transparent. This situation is rather disturbing, to say the least.

"Hello, dear friend. I have some good news and some bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?"

The voice owner was a multicolored ball of light, about one meter in diameter. It didn't help to make Chris less confused, but he answered the question anyway. 

"Well, usually, I prefer to hear the bad news first. But now, I first want to know what the hell is going on and who are you?!" 

Chris couldn't see its form, but for some reason, he was sure that the existence shrugged. 

"My name is John Multicolored, though some people call me Void God. Either name is fine. The place we are now in is the Void between the Worlds. And the bad news is - you died."

Chris didn't know how long it took him to overcome his shock. It could be a few seconds, or it could be a few days. Time was meaningless here.

"How did it happen?"

John shifted his colors a few times as if laughing. 

"It seems your tree-climbing skill isn't as good as it was in your childhood, friend."

Chris became red from shame. Or at least he felt like it. He wasn't sure if his transparent face can change colors as Mr. John did. 

"So, what is the good news then, John Multicolored?" 

The sphere became a little bit bigger as if in delight. 

"I watched your life, boy, and I like you a lot! So, I offer you a second chance. Do you want to live again? Except, it wouldn't be in your homeworld."

Chris contemplated for a little bit.

"What choices do I have?"

Sphere slightly vibrated. 

"If you refuse - your soul will enter the reincarnation circle with your memories lost. If you accept my offer, then I will send you to the other world with your memories intact and with great power."

It sounded nice. But it was too hasty to agree without thinking.

"Any other conditions? If I agree, wouldn't you become the owner of my soul or make me disappear from reincarnation or something like this?"

Sphere started to change colors fast as if offended.

"No way! I just was very touched by your love for cats and very sad with your early demise, nothing else. I have a perfect world in mind, and a perfect role was already chosen for you. Believe me - you will enjoy it a lot! Unfortunately, we don't have much time left. Do you agree to be sent in the new world with your memories intact? Please say yes, we only have less than a minute!"

Chris still wasn't sure if he is being scammed, but what kind of choice did he have? Losing his memories was no different from complete death. 

"Yes, I agree!"

And so, his new life as God of Cats started. 

89