Chapter 1
407 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A person always knows the general idea of when they will have a child of their own. Doctors have a general date of when, so people are always prepared. The same can not be said for death. It comes for everyone and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Everyone is meant to die at some point, it is just a matter of when. But most importantly, it is what you do with the time you have that matters the most.

‘This is embarrassing.’ A young woman was in front of him making strange faces while tickling his side. It was painful to know that he could not help himself but laugh.

“Aren’t you tired? You’ve been doing that for the last past five minutes.”

“How can I be, when little Conan is just so cute! Look at these cheeks, aren’t they just the most adorable?”

“Stop that, you’re hurting him.”

She did stop pinching his cheeks and decided to pick him up instead. “You are just mad I don’t pinch your cheeks like that.”

“Oh please. Maybe I would be if I were four months old like him, but I’ve outgrown that phase.”

“Have you really?” She pinched his cheek as she sat down right next to him.

“Stop that!” He slapped her hand away.

She smiled at him, then reached out her arm again to pinch his cheeks. “Why? You seem to enjoy it.”

“My gosh Emily! How can you be this energetic for someone who gave birth four months ago?”

Emily carrassed Conan in her arms as she looked at him softly. “Because of this handsome boy right here.”

It seemed as if she was the only person in the room as there was no response. Gazing up slowly, she met his eye. “Since you put your book down, does that mean you want to hold him?”

“No. I was just thinking to myself is all.”

“Oh really? What about?”

He rubbed his chin as he looked at Conan. “Don’t you find it a bit odd? He doesn’t cry often like your niece.”

“He’s just special, kind of like you.”

“What is that supposed to mean? I was being serious here.”

“I was too.”

“I mean, remember how he didn’t cry after he was born? It took a few butt slaps before he cried, and even then it wasn’t for long.”

Emily placed Conan on the ground before she crossed her legs on the sofa. Just like he said, Conan was special so she found herself not worrying too much about him. She still kept him in her view.

“Are we really going to have this conversation again?”

‘Were my parents always like this?’ Conan looked up at the two giants but could only see their legs.

[Growing up]

[Crawl within five months. 0/1]

[Walk within seven months. 0/1]

[Speak within nine months. 0/1]

‘Why does this window never close?’ The transparent game-like window covered a big chunk of his vision. He could see just fine, but it was annoying to constantly have the screen always on display.

‘Should I try?’ He used all his strength to get up on all fours.

“Shh, look he’s about to crawl.”

“Now you are just speaking nonsense. It is too early for him to do that.”

“Then why are you staring so intently, huh?”

“No reason.”

Conan took his first step forward, then another. Both his parents were amazed by this. “That’s my boy! Taking right after his old man.” Emily did not even have a chance to grab Conan, as his father rushed out of his seat towards him.

“You were doubting him the entire time, and now you’re all passionate about him? Please.” She grabbed Conan from him and snuggled her face right up to his. He kept reaching his hand out toward her, and this only made her smile.

“Yeah I know, mommies here!”

“He’s probably trying to get away from you.”

“Why are you always jealous? Are you sad our son gets more love than you?”

“Actually, yes. You know it’s been a month right?”

“And? I just gave birth four months ago, I need my rest and should not be energetic.”

“Are you really going there?”

[You’ve obtained the trait, Genius Baby.]

[Genius Baby - You are on the step in the right direction. Babies all over look up to you as you’ve accomplished something only few can do. For the next five months, your attributes will increase by 2 points every week.]

‘Let me breathe!’ Conan was not bothered by the message in the transparent game-like window. He was busy trying to push his mother away with his pitiful strength.

15