Of Origin – Day of No Tomorrow, Rise of the Seven
242 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The universe began with a bang! The rhythm of time hummed. Motion moved. The laws of physics fell into order. Chaos was quelled.

Gravity acted. Dust collected. Stars ignited. Planets danced. Galaxies formed. Cosmic energy ripened the infinite void.

Soon, a galaxy spun with life. One world rose steadily above the ashes. Kentron. Located in the Arche system near the center of the Lumen galaxy. The inhabitants of Kentron grew strong and proud under evolution's care. An untold number of factions with shifting loyalties all vied for hegemony.

History marched on replaying the same action, war. Kentron marked each passing era with bloodshed. Each innovation was another means of battle. Peace was fleeting. 

Soon, the world became too small for their endeavors so they expanded. A 10,000-year race into space. A borderless domain to conquer. Empires sprouted as the Lumen galaxy was conquered. Finally, there was peace.

But even with all of space and the pinnacle of discovery to explore, the age-old instinct roared to life. History repeated itself yet again... and unfathomable destruction was unleashed. Ancient resentments and old squabbles re-ignited. Like all viruses, it spread. An era of never-ending chaos. Hell. 100,000 years of fighting. Senseless violence and tragedy over long-forgotten causes. The darkest of ages.

The universe would have no more. Rei, the mighty yellow giant of the Arche system, was dying.

Kentron was the unifying cry that brought together all factions under a single banner. All wars ceased. For the first time in millenniums, there was a reason to cherish life.

Yet all technologies, all supposed godliness could not save the dying Rei. With its death, Kentron, the homeworld of all sentient life in the Lumen galaxy, would be lost in an instant. And so the peoples born of Kentron prayed in unison.

A miracle. On the day of No Tomorrow, Seven Guides rose into the heavens. They flew to the rampant Rei and cast their spells, re-igniting its’ failing core. 

The Seven united the factions into 7 kingdoms and installed an Imperial family to govern this new galactic empire. The path to lasting peace was paved at last. Kentron was renamed Novarea, a covenant to bury old hatchets and chase new dreams.

And so began the Guide Era.

2