Chapter 24 – The Beacon is Lit?
45 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

September 6, 2017

12.30 am, Area 51, Nevada

 

Below the painting of the night sky rests a dark-haired voluptuous beauty of sunkissed ebony who tosses in her sleep upon her messy bed. A sudden bout of sleepiness has befallen her. This isn’t peculiar as she often worked long odd hours. What is strange is the levitating visitor. A ghostly apparition that floats in mid-air. It hovers, scanning the unaware lady below.

 

“The anchoring has begun.” The female hologram says then dissipates.

 

The lights go off, plunging the sleeping beauty into electrifying darkness that melts with her skin.

8.30 am, London, UK

 

The General sits at the bar of Devil’s Tears. The pub won’t be open for hours and he needed a nearby place to think above ground. The All-Heads meeting was only a half-hour away. Suddenly, his head begins to spin. Wordlessly, he leans forward and passes out.

 

“My General?” Darya says as she approaches gently.

 

Smiling, she attempts waking the General with a gentle tap. Then a shake. Then a rougher shake. Her smile fades, replaced by concern. She checks his pulse, it is faint.

 

“Come quick!” Darya screams.

 

Two men run in.

 

“Quickly, carry him to the bedroom.” Darya instructs, her voice unable to mask her concern.

Somewhere…

 

A veiled figure floats cross-legged in meditation in the midst of 7 candle-sized flames. The multi-colored flames dance around the figure, growing with each inhale and shrinking with each exhale. Suddenly, the 7 lights go out, revealing a glowing hue emitting from the hooded figure. 

 

“And there was light.” The figure says.

2