Chapter 45 – Dark Freak?
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Churning Darkness. An island of pink. 3 figures are within this pink haven. One woman has pink hair and two distinct eye colors - light blue and brown. One woman has purple hair with matching purple eyes. The last woman has glossy black hair and blank-obsidian eyes.

 

“Why?” The purple one asks.

 

“I didn’t call a meeting.” The pink one says while shaking her head.

 

The black one growls while examining the other two.

 

“It was I who brought you here.” A voice booms from the storming darkness beyond.

 

All 3 women go on high alert. The pink one, the youngest, takes shelter behind the purple one.

 

“Do not be afraid.” The voice booms again, “Perhaps a familiar form would do.”

 

Ink leaks through the pink membrane in between the 3 women. It coalesces as it floats into the middle of the women. It finally settles into the shape of a black cat. 

 

“Hello again, Kaori.” The black cat says facing the pink one hiding behind the purple one.

 

Suddenly, the black-haired woman attacks the black cat from behind. Except, her hands go right through the cat. She tries to punch and choke but nothing happens. She gives up, frustrated.

 

“Only Kaori may hold me.” The black cat says, “I won’t harm her or any of you, Shade.”

 

The purple one, Shade, thinks for a bit. She turns to the pink one, Kaori, then says, “Go.”

 

Kaori leaves Shade’s back and approaches the black cat with caution.

 

“Kuroi?” Kaori asks hesitantly.

 

“The one and only.” Kuroi the black cat says waving its claws.

 

Kaori grabs hold of Kuroi. She sniffs it then hugs it. For a moment, everything feels right.

 

“I’ve never left you.” Kuroi says reassuringly.

 

“Hai.” Kaori says, “So why are you reappearing now?

 

“In Dantian?” Shade asks.

 

The black one, Abyss, sulks in her corner. Distant from the conversation.

 

“This is Kaori’s Dao-Heart.” Kuroi explains, “It contains all 3 Dantians and many more wonders.”

 

Kaori looks around, beyond her bubble of pink haven, into the roaring, all-encompassing void.

 

“As for why I am here now…” Kuroi says, “It is because your awakening happened early.”

 

“My awakening?” Kaori asks.

 

“A lifetime ago, you made a wish.” Kuroi says, “I’m here to facilitate that wish.”

 

Kaori tilts her head, even more confused.

 

“Unfortunately, my time is short so we’ll have to skip quite a few steps.” Kuroi says.

 

The pink barrier begins to fade away. Kaori panics yet hangs on to Kuroi. Shade moves in to cover Kaori. The dark void storm surges in like an ocean. Chaos. Desolate. Nothingness.

 

“Shade, Kaori chose to do this.” Kuroi says, “Let her shine.”

 

Kaori is clinging onto Kuroi and Shade tightly. Kaori is in a full-blown panic. Violently shaking.

 

Shade looks at Kuroi in anger then, with a sigh, she caresses Kaori’s head and says, “Safe.”

 

“Cast your senses outward.” Kuroi says, spreading its paws, “Feel it all. Accept it all.”

 

Kaori’s shaking eases. Gradually she loosens up. As her senses cast out, she realizes the darkness swirls around her. As if she was the darkness itself. Not darkness, just the unknown. An ocean of mystery. Not every question needs an answer. Not every question has an answer.

 

“I’m not... afraid.” Kaori mouths as she stares out into the dark.

 

Kaori’s previously left brown eye grows dark while her right light blue eye is now white.

 

“My time is up.” Kuroi says as it fades, “We will meet again, properly next time.” 

 

The darkness dissolves.

1