Ruthless Seat Live – Mother Staringale
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ruth: Hello and welcome to Ruthless Seat Live. Sitting across from me is a lady that needs no introduction, the one and only Mother Staringale herself. And as you can see folks, no halo.

 

Mother Staringale: I turned it off, just for you Ruth. Good day everyone, welcome to the other side of the US-Mexico border.

 

Ruth: We are currently only a few meters away from the crossing point at Gateway International Bridge between Brownsville, Texas and Matamoros. What brings you here, Mother Staringale?

 

Shahab Feroz: Shahab is fine. As you saw yourself Ruth, refugees and migrants. Their lives were collateral in a plot that ensnared even President Gertrude’s granddaughters. Fortunately, the ending to their story was nothing short of a miracle. At least this group of refugees gets an expedited process courtesy of the US Government.

 

Ruth: What was the official story? The young ladies were rescued by the FBI?

 

Shahab: My main concern lay with the refugees who were victims of human trafficking. Fortunately, their lives will continue on under what would usually be a grime situation instead being an extraordinarily lucky chance for them.

 

Ruth: Yes, they are lucky that the President’s granddaughters were imprisoned with them which brought the weight of the US government to rescue them alongside the President’s granddaughters. It makes you wonder, why go through all the trouble of capturing them yet give no ransom demands?

 

Shahab: The minds of deranged individuals is no place for answers. I am here for the helpless people caught up in all this mess. This time, the mercy of the US government and the American people are on our side.

 

Ruth: My apologies, you aren’t the US government. You are Mother Staringale. Your aid organisation, Nova Lotus Foundation, is the world’s foremost private NGO leading the fight against Human Trafficking. You are the biggest donor to the United Nations Voluntary Trust Fund for Victims of Human Trafficking, giving over $1 billion every year since the fund has been active. That doesn’t include your foundation’s annual expense of over $4 billion on every facet of this issue. Why devote so much resources to this? Why is this cause so important to you? Is there a political angle? A long game, perhaps?

 

Shahab: Isn’t doing good for goodness sake enough? I am extremely fortunate to be where I am. I have the will and means, so I have the responsibility to help wherever I can. As such, I have made it my mission to ensure every person is secure in their fundamental right to be free.

 

Ruth: That’s quite the ambitious undertaking. How do you fund your operations, if you don’t mind me asking? All of your businesses are completely private afterall.

 

Shahab: Well, most of our company funds come from patents and investments. The profits from that go into 3 operations namely research, investments, and charity. So capitalism funds this entire humanitarian enterprise. 

 

Ruth: It almost sounds like you built a business empire to fund your foundation and its mission.

 

Shahab: Looks that way. Life is simply too precious to be bound by the ugliness of slavery.

 

Ruth: The ugliness of slavery… poignant. On that note, we shall take a short break. When we return, we will discuss Shahab’s new book, Human Angels.

 

*CUT*

 

Giant lights shine down upon two figures sitting on separate foldable chairs. Behind the camera is a man with a pair of giant headphones. He moves to the laptop setup a short distance away.

 

“Clear.” The man says.

 

“Thanks Tim.” Ruth says, she then turns to Shahab asking, “How’s the interview?”

 

“I see why it is called Ruthless Seat.” Shahab says, “You are as ruthless as ever.”

 

A teenage girl, carrying two bottles of water on a tray, approaches the talking duo. Shahab has her signature white floral lace headscarf with a shiny blue heart brooch pinned to the chest of her white salwar kameez dress. Ruth is in a blue buttoned-up short-sleeve shirt with a black skirt and matching shoes which compliment her dark-framed glasses and short dark-brown hair.

 

“Thank you, Isabela.” Shahab says as she accepts a water bottle.

 

“Thanks.” Ruth says, then asks after examining Isabela, “You were a migrant, right?”

 

“I was but no longer.” Isabela answers, directing her brown eyes at Ruth while tucking her short dark-brown hair behind her eyes, “I have found purpose with the Nova Lotus Foundation.”

 

“You are what, 15 or 16? Isn’t that a little too early to be so sure? The US government is giving you a lucky break here.” Ruth asks.

 

“I have no family to seek out or wait for. While I am grateful to the US government, they aren’t offering me much of a future, just the legal status to exist within their borders.” Isabela says.

 

“Don’t be rude to Ms Ruth.” Shahab says, then looks at Ruth, “Teenagers, stubborn little ones. Have no fear, I am taking her under my wing. She will get legal status and an education.”

 

“Well, alright.” Ruth says, “Being under the wings of Mother Staringale herself. Not bad.”

 

“You speak as if I am a saint.” Shahab says, “I am but an ordinary woman.”

 

“Please. If you are only an ordinary woman, what about the rest of us?” Ruth jokes.

 

“I must thank you for keeping this interview.” Shahab says.

 

“I should be thanking you for agreeing to an impromptu interview.” Ruth says as she admires her surroundings, “Plus, being with you made it easier to interview the migrants, Ms translator.”

 

This room is a white tent with special flooring and air conditioning. Only 4 people are in this tent. A logo is prominent behind the only two people who are seated. A white seven petal lotus cast against the black starry background of space. The symbol of the Nova Lotus Foundation.

 

“The things one does for old friends.” Shahab says.

 

“Why do I feel younger even though I’m the older one between us?” Ruth asks with a stiff smile.

 

“1 minute!” Tim shouts.

 

“I will take the water bottles and get out of your way then.” Isabela says as she retrieves the water bottles and steps aside.

 

“Despite bigger fishes, you still came out here for this little old story.” Shahab says, “Thank you.”

 

“It’s an important story and another puzzle piece to the truth.” Ruth says.

 

“Quite.” Shahab says, “And we are in ever puzzling times.”

 

“This Avenger character.” Ruth says, almost whispering, “I smell... dark times ahead.”

 

“The perfect time for Angels to rise.” Shahab says, “Let there be Light.”

 

“5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Live!” Tim shouts as he raises his right thumb up.

1