Prologue
12.1k 15 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Prologue  -The girl is abandoned

The Miko is a person who is loved by God and is someone who sometimes appears in the world. Since it's loved by God it is blessed by the world. The land where Miko lives is promised to flourish. The Miko is also said to have a special power. Blessings by the Miko give happiness.The Miko is a child loved by God. Therefore, people sought its existence.

 

    I'm Lerunda. Seven-years-old. I'm in the forest alone.

 The people I had barely been able to call a family, just abandoned me.

 In other words, it was decided that my sister was a child loved by God—a Miko and to be taken to a place with my parents.

 Originally we were twin sisters.

 But I and my sister didn't look alike. My sister was so beautiful that it was doubted if she was really the daughter of our parents. From the point of view of my parents it was my sister who gave a feeling that she was a special person. My mother was hospitalized in a rural village. My sister was tributed because she  was beautiful. I was still a child. And thanks to my sister, our house was wealthy in the view of the villagers. But I wasn't as beautiful as my sister, so I was very discriminated against. I wasn't given much rice as food, so I went out of the village and ate alone. Mysteriously I wasn't attacked by monsters, and I happened to have a meal by chance.

 I didn't know the outside world, I didn't know how to live, and I happened to be alive but I was afraid of the outside.

 My sister was a princess, and I was like a servant.

 I was asked to die early, but I ate properly and I didn't die. The villagers also said that it wasn't right for me to be with my sister, and they would throw rocks at me. But luckily, they didn't always hit me. I was told that it was creepy.

 It happened when my mom tried to raise her hand against me. When my dad tried to kick me, it so happened that a snake passed under my feet and my dad jumped back and my dad was hurt. That kind of thing continued, and violence didn't prevail. People were told that they would be unhappy when they were involved with me.

 But that day --- People thought that Miko would be in this household, when the priests came and saw my sister they said she was the Miko. I'm the Miko.

 After all, it makes sense that I wasn't attacked by monsters when I left the village. 

 … But I just thought about it and didn't know if it was true.

 But now that my parents have told me that I don't need you, and I have been driven out of the village, I can't help thinking that I feel like going to the forest.

 Because you can find food conveniently. And I will never be attacked.

 On the contrary, a kind horse took me on his back before my foot hurt. It felt bigger than the horse in the village. I think that it's is a kind of demon. Because it was kicking/flying the air. But Mr. horse is very kind.

 Mr. horse asks me about the future. What do I want to do from now on?

 They think it's the Miko. The priest who visited the house only said that it was a child of this household. My parents offered only my sister in front of the priest and didn't say they had another daughter. However, there is no way to prove that she is  the Miko, and I don't feel that she is the Miko.

 I don't even know where Mr. horse is heading. I've never seen a map, so I don't know the place where we are.

 But if I'm really a Miko, I don't think it's dangerous to me no matter what the dangerous places ahead. That's why I was surprised that we arrived at a Griffin's nest. The griffin's welcomed me, they give me food, and let me pet their fluffy back, and so on.

 I don't know what will happen in the future, but I knew I could manage to live, so I decided to take a leisurely life.

"... Goal ... find"

 For the time being, finding a goal is a mystery,  I fell asleep in the Griffin's nest with the child Griffins.

 ――― The girl is thrown away.

 (A godly girl sleeps in the Griffin's nest)

23