A night in the forest
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Yorkshire continent, a large portion of one of its corners is covered with forest. The trees are so dense and tall that from the top one will not be able to see the color of the land. Normally the forest always remains silent if one can ignore the roars and screams of different animals that reside in the forest. The forest with all its beauty also hides the law of hunter and prey under it.

But today, the silence of the forest is constantly disturbed by pillars of light. The phenomenon has started suddenly in one morning and remained to continue the whole day. Well since this phenomenon is concentrated in the outskirt of the forest, it has not created any considerable wave in the forest.

From many such pillars of light came a girl. She seems 10-11 years old. Her body is thin and petite, her skin is pale. She is wearing a one-piece cloth. Even though the cloth is beautiful and of high quality but due to constant washing, the colors of one beautiful dress have fainted. Though she looks pitiful, from her dark blue eyes and sharp facial features, one can see her determination to live.

On her face, one can see confusion and amazement as she tried to pass through those gigantic trees. Scratches have been formed on her pale body. The humid and cold climate is sending chills in her body. She looks up and sighs.

"Not a single ray of sunshine..."

Her voice is weak, and her body is cold. Even though the trees have blocked sunshine but one can perceive it is morning. She can't even imagine, what will happen to her when the night will come or whether she will die even before the arrival of night.

As she roamed, she began to search a place for shelter as well as sharp stones which she can use for defend. After considerable effort she had found a cave, well one can't say it a cave as it only has an overgrown rock from a small hill acting as a canopy along with a depression on the wall in which an adult person can fit in.

Though while roaming she had found some caves and hollow trees, the risk of it being an animal shelter and the presence of various insects made her abandoning it.

Sun began to set. She had collected some dried grasses and stuffed it in the cave and then cover herself completely, to avoid the cold of the night, and to hide her presence. As the sky becomes dark and there is a sudden drop in temperature.

Due to the absence of the sun, temperature drops. Rain began to fall. Lightning illuminates the dark forest providing a chance to the prey to avoid their hunt. The roaring of the animals is deafening her ears. To distract herself from noises, she began to sharpen the stones in her hand. There is a sudden clap of thunder and she watches a nearby tree has caught in fire, illuminating the surrounding.

In the light, she sees a black shadow about 2 metre long and of 1 metre height fighting with another animal covered in scales, protruding horns and of the same size. The black shadow attacks the armored animal while armored one defends itself using its horns. The fight goes for sometimes and blood began to flow with the rainwater. At last, the fight ended when the black shadow had taken down the armored one after crushing its windpipe with his jaw. The black shadow began to tear apart the armored animal corpse in rage. After eating a big chunk of flesh, it begins to drag the animal towards its hideout. She can only watch the whole scene in awe. After some time, she fell into her dreams.

1