Azathoth
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She feels that the eyes of the snake are still staring her, peeking into her soul, and as she ran, the snake began to follow her, and lastly, due to exhaustion she falls. She can only see the gaping mouth of the snake coming closer to gulp her down.

As she tried to block it with her hands a pain ran down in her body, making her open her eyes. She felt relieved as that was just a dream. Her back and forehead are soaked with sweat. As her mind become clearer, she observes her surroundings.

It is a fairly large cave, and she is lying on dried grasses. The pain was due to the movement of her hand. Her right hand, which has gashes, is now covered with some strange leaves and ointment, and her left hand, which was broken, is straightened out with a stick and tied to it.

As she looks more into the cave, there are some basic things like a bonfire, some unknown fruits and leave, furs, and skin of animals. She also found some dried jerky that awakens her appetite. Even though she feels agitated due to current circumstances, she knows that in the current condition, it is best to satisfy her hunger. As she is chewing the jerky, she heard a sound from the entrance of the cave.

On the entrance is a boy, same year as her or maybe a little older, ash-colored hair, ruby-colored big eyes, he is a bit tall compared to her and even though he looks healthy but he is thin and gives the aura of a weak person. His facial feature is soft, or one can say he looks very naive.

As soon as the boy enters the cave, he saw the girl which he had saved. She is chewing the jerky, which he had accumulated after considerable effort. The girl looks petite, but he had seen that determination, which she had shown in the fight and her strength. Well, there is also something which has made him take an interest in her. He gives an honest smile to the girl and said

"How are you girl? What's your name?"

"….."

"Are you still feeling uncomfortable?"

"….."

The girl just remains silent. First, the boy has thought whether she has lost her mind, but after seeing her pondering reaction, he had understood what's the problem. She has not able to understand him. So, he started clapping to attract her attention back towards himself. Well, that works, and the girl again moves her attention towards him. Then he points his forefinger to himself and said

"Az-ath-oth "

Then he points his finger to the girl as a gesture to say her name. The girl pondered for some time and then replied

"Lu-cia-na"

After getting a proper reply from her, he at least feels relief that even though she is quite slow but she has not lost her mind.

He again gestures towards her hand, asking her condition. She showed a painful expression while moving her hands up and down.

 

How can this be possible? Azathoth exclaimed in his heart. The medicine he had applied to her is only to prevent the further rotting of the injuries due to the climatic conditions. The nerves of her hands were damaged. Bones got fractured and protruded out. Though he set them, but to feel that her hands are attached to herself will be a miracle in itself.

But now to feel pain, and she can even move those hands after remaining unconscious for the whole three days. He begins to smile just like a child who gets something interesting.

 

 

1