Recovering
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“She is a monster!”

Azathoth is not able to sleep and remain thinking about what happened today. The recovery of Luciana is far better than what he expected. No, better will not be a good word. Miracle, this is how it should be described. She had not only recovered but her body, especially her hand bones, muscles have evolved and become much stronger.

He had never read about such conditions, in any text in his homeworld, and not to mention her another ability, which she had displayed while fighting that snake. That snake is also a magical beast that releases electrical shock to numb its prey, but at that time, the snake had not able to use it. The snake had forgotten to use it, ridiculous!

Does a hunter forget how to hunt? It means there was something that had interfered with his ability.

 

Even though she does not have a shred of mana in her, but the ability she had shown is already defying many norms. But conversing with her and observing her reaction while he had removed her dressings, he can only conclude that she doesn’t know anything about herself except that she can’t use magic.

With her healing capability, she will be able to recover in 2-3 days. Till then he will learn her language and can also perform some experiments on her.

She will be a good companion for a while.

When Luciana wakes up in the morning, Azathoth is nowhere to be found. Her right hand is now functional and about her left hand, she believes that in some days she will be able to perform the basic task with it. 

Even after talking to him yesterday, she had not able to confirm his intention.

Should she run away while he is not here?

But with one hand she can't secure her food supply and she remembers that after fighting with that snake, she had able to reach her shelter. It means she has to find a new place. What she can do now is to survey the surrounding of this cave and waiting for the right time to take action.

She begins to move toward the entrance. The cave entrance is narrow such that only one person can go through it at a time. As she reached the entrance, she found out that it is covered by grasses and branches.

Azathoth would have done that to hide the cave but as soon as she removes the grasses, she felt a sudden gush of wind.

Not understanding why? She hurriedly removed the remaining obstacles, and soon she found out. The cave entrance is at the height of almost 20 meters above the ground. From here, she can see the endless forest.

The cave is in the hill, which is just a small part of the enormous mountain range. The only way to reach the forest is to go via creepers, grown on the hill. Using such a method, going down is next to impossible in her current condition. She could only sigh and return into the cave.

After some time, Azathoth returns. He is carrying a bag made of leaves which he put in the corner.

"Had yo-u go-ne ou-t?"

He asked her in her broken language. He would have concluded it after finding the displaced grass and branches.

“Yes, since I want to take some fresh air.”

He just nodded and then return to his bag. From the bag, he takes out some fruits, roots and starts processing them.

He had said that these are the medicines for her. Though she doesn't believe him.

After processing them, he again comes to her to learn her language. As per him, she will be fully recovered in 3-4 days, after that, they will go to the middle part of the forest. Until then he will make preparation.

 

 

 

          

 

1