Chapter 3: Surfacing from underground
69 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

═════════════════════════════════════════════════

The dragon turned its head looking at me and said "Now? Now is the time for you to go outside of this place. It's been a long time I stayed in this place. Hop on my back, we will fly away from this place."

My heart sank at the word 'fly'.

"C-can't we wait a little bit longer here? I'm still dizzy from the blood loss effect from my used to be wound on my body..."

"Oh? You want to wait here? Sure. This cave will collapse in a few minutes and will crush you. I'm going to get away from here and enjoy the outside for a while meanwhile you are dying here."

"... F*ck."

I nervously hop on the dragon's back and find a place to hold on without getting strong wind in my way. The dragon smirked at my action and start to flap it's wings.

"W-wait!" I started panicked and gave up on finding wind resistant place hold and start running toward the dragon's horn and hold on to it.

The dragon lift off from the ground and start moving upward. Once the dragon left the cave, I felt a huge amount of heat wave. 'too hot!'. Why is it feel so hot here? Are we in a volcano? I also noticed that my body felt heavier than my body in the cave. The gravity here is high too. So that can only mean one thing, we are near this world's core.

My body start to sweat and my palm are getting slippery. I hug the dragon's horn very tightly because of afraid of falling off. The dragon has been flying upward for quite a long time, but there's no sign of light above. I grew very tired from hugging the thin line between of death and life.

"Can't you go on any faster?"

"You want to go faster than this? Sure."

The wind is getting stronger, and my hands can't hold on any longer. Please hold on! A few seconds feel like hours to me. I peeked at the top and saw a light from the top.

'finally!'

But I slowly start to lose consciousness and start to lose my grip. How many times have I fainted from a single day now? DamnI can't faint now. I bit my tongue to keep my conscious. The light grew brighter and suddenly I was blinded from the light. Am I finally out of that damn cave? Okay thenthen please hear me my dear golem and invisible assassin, please die for me. I will feel happy if you both did because of you both I suffer more than I should have.

I slowly opened my eyes and look at the magnificence world. It's a beautiful world. Everything here almost looks the same as earth but except that there was couple of flying island floating around and few large animals roaming around the wild. They look pretty aggressive, but there were some that is quite passive too. Although it only looks like they will stay passive until threatened. Now is not the time to admire the worldI got to take care of my current situation here. I look below myself, and I was really sky high. I felt devastated that I don't see the dragon around him anymore. Where did it go? Did it leave me behind? F****ck!

"No, I didn't leave you behind."

I was surprised and look behind me, but my heart immediately sank.

The was a big dragon now turned into a tiny dragon that could fit into my pocket.

"WHY ARE YOU SO SMALL? HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE THIS FALL?"

"relax kid. We will survive. You only will suffer a few broken bones and other stuff that will cripple you temporarily."

"NO! IT'S NO GOOD, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. AAAAAAAAAAH!!"

screamed to the top of my lung while crying from descending to the ground. The dragon start to become pitiful toward my pathetic look and start to grab my back and flap it's wings as hard as it could despite it's small size so it can slow my fall a little bit. I tried to stay calm, but the fear of heights has finally developed inside me. I breathe in and out just like in exercise warm up so I can calm myself in this bizarre situation. ThenI started to position myself in mid-air and point my leg toward the ground so I could only get broken legs and other broken stuff that will be broken. I hope it's not going to be my groin.

BOOM!

I crashed into the plain full of flowers. The world instantly went black.

After that, I can't wake up from the nightmare, and I forced my eyes opened and try to look at my body's state. Everything seems to look fine, there was no broken bones in body and I can move every limb perfectly fine. I sighed in relief.

'phew'

"Don't be so happy kid, you were bleeding all over especially your leg. Your good thinking only brought 'few' broken bones at your lower body and your organs were all messed up from the fall. I had to heal you for a full day to get your body perfectly normal."

"thanks," I immediately don't want to imagine what I look like when I become so messed up like that.

"Good, but now you're all alone now because I used most of my power to bring you and I get out from the cave that is near the this world's core and used my remaining power to heal you so let me sleep in your pocket."

The dragon seeped into my pocket and starting to sleep. The dragon look at me and seemed to despise me. The dragon opened its mouth.

"Oh and by the wayname's Mur."

'so disrespectful, you asked my master's name but you forget me? The higher existence? The first companion of the first generation of heroes? hmphMur immediately went to sleep.

I was surprised by the dragon's attitude and looked at Mur, "Was about to ask your name. Guess I don't have to..."

I stand up and look at the surrounding. There were few monsters surrounding me but they seemed to be afraid coming here. I guess Mur's existence here must have scared them off.

Then the ground suddenly trembles from a huge footstep. I look behind and saw one of those huge aggressive animals looking at me. Its appearance look like one of those Snow Wolf with 3 meters fangs and it's glaring at me with hunter's eyes. Now that I think about it, all I've done is run away from the opponent. I've never beaten a single monster or opponent inside the cave.

So what should I do now after being glare fiercely by the huge Snow Wolf with huge fangs as if I looked like a food?

Run.

I sprint toward the huge swarm of monsters in the forest, so the huge Snow Wolf will have its movement restricted. The monsters in the forest naturally go away from me because of the Mur's presence. But that damn bastard wolf start chasing after me.

'Mur, your presence aura are too weak to repel those monsters!'

I ran as fast as I could. I would peek behind me sometimes, and all I saw was that Snow Wolf mowed down all the trees and monsters that get in its way. What restricted movement? That bastard can sprint at full speed without worrying anything something disturbs it's path. So I keep running until I heard a decent river flowing toward the cliff. That could mean one thing and it's a waterfall!

I run while following the current of the river and jump off the cliff.

'The lake under the waterfall better be deep!'

I look behind me and saw the huge Snow Wolf stopped at the cliff and I immediately look below and saw the lake. It looks deep enough to withstand my fall.

SPLASH!

I start swimming up for air. After I reached the surface, I look at the cliff again to see if the Snow Wolf still there but it finally leaves the cliff after failing to catch its prey. I climbed to the solid ground and start walking searching for civilization and food.

*gurr* my stomach starting to act up after not eating for 2 days. I want to hunt for the food, but I kept running away from the monsters that can beat me easily and the monster that look like weak will run away from me. Looks like Mur is both blessed and cursed. I walked around in hope of finding civilization while thinking.

'Now that I think about it, I received some power from Rowan but I don't receive any knowledge of the power from the man himself'.

I immediately went in thought thinking what kind of power I have while walking toward unknown place. I suddenly felt my footstep sound a little bit different, and I look down.

Dirt pavement? I look left and right and I was right. It's a road. But which way I should go? Left? Or right? I feel like I've met with a lot of unfortunate encounters and I don't want to guess it on my own. I look at Mur sleeping and start holding my palm together.

"O' the lord of both bless and curse. Please guide me, which way should I go."

Mur suddenly turn its head to left.

"Oh! Thanks a lot"

I immediately turned to left and start running. My hunger feels like I can eat whole Snow Wolf and still want to eat more. After hours of walking without any interferenceI start to see smoke rising from far away. Although I don't know what is it but I know one thing. A civilization!

Suddenly I heard a rustling noise with a crying girl's scream.

"AAHHHELP ME!!"

I look at the girl with tears all over with her snot coming out from her nose. She has a long dark hair with 1.45 meters in height.

She has a basket with something that look like vegetables. I look behind her and saw a pack of wolves chasing after her. I felt scared and traumatic after seeing the wolf chasing after her. The pack of wolves seemed to ignore Mur's aura because of his energy still weak after helping me and keep chasing the girl that is coming in my way. I felt terrified and traumatic at the sight of the wolves chasing down the girl. It felt like the dumb version of me being chased by the huge Snow Wolf. I still don't know my power is, and I can't help her by beating down the wolves. There is only one true way for me.

"Hey, come here and I will save you!"

The girl heard my calling and looks at me. She hesitated a little bit, but she thought this random person maybe was going to save her so she ran toward to the stranger until she reaches to the person hoping the person to beat down the wolves but suddenly the stranger pick her up and turned 180 degrees and start running away from the wolves. The girl was surprised by the stranger's action and scream,

"Eeeeh!"

0