[Chapter 18] A Curious Matter
175 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait! Hey!" Aria yells, jumping forward to stop the fleeing figure as it moved further and further away.

Unfortunately, Aria is unable to stop them and is left helpless by the fact. Deciding against pursuing her temporary ally, Aria makes her way back to the scene of action.

The mucus that was held together by the slime's membrane had all but been released to its surroundings. The floor, slightly slick, made Aria wonder how exactly that warrior had run away with the mucus on her shoes. Though, that wasn't the strangest part of the girl. In the surroundings, loitering Pillow Bees and the occasional curious rabbit could be seen, hopping here and there. Finally, at the center of the mess, was a hard nucleus with quite a large crack.

"I guess I should take it...?" Aria spoke out loud. Perhaps it would be useful for something...maybe...maybe not.

"Hmmm..." Letting out a hum, the ranger pursed her lips in deep thought as a few Pillow Bees joined in. Buzzing and buzzing to go along with her humming.

Reaching out her hand, Aria let a Pillow Bee land on it and said in a serious tone (or what she thought was a serious one), "Hey, hey, don't you think it's strange, little bee?"

"Bzzzt..bzzt.." The Pillow Bee let out a few buzzes.

As if understanding it, Aria nods her head, "I knew you'd agree. Isn't it curious, that warrior? I wish she would have at least let me friend her..." Her mind moving backward, Aria remembered the moment she had encountered the slime.

After countless failed attempts of finding a particular herb, she had stumbled across an unusual scene. A large and viscous matter that was swallowing up anything in its path. Being entirely surprised, she hurriedly scrambled to equip her bow and tried to shoot at it. Before long, she realized that the HP taken off was not enough. Not only that, she was running low on arrows.

"Then, while trying to lower its health some more, a figure twirled me away from an attack!" Aria continues, "I didn't get a good look at them, but they were wearing the basic outfit and her hair was as long as mine, but in a ponytail!"

Recalling the moment, Aria fell into a slight daze before jolting and saying in a hushed voice, "Wait, am I getting off track?"

"Bzz." The Pillow Bee nods(?) in confirmation.

Aria also nods in deep contemplation and lets the bee fly off before picking up the nucleus and storing it in her inventory.

"She was exactly like a normal player, but her reputation..." Aria returns to the original point of the conversation with a bee that can't understand her and recalls the glimpse she saw when she had turned to face the other player.

Eliavin [Warrior-LV 6]
[Reputation: -100]

"It's just not possible at this stage!" Aria hmphs, once again muttering, "I would know, so...it has to be some sort of cloaking skill! Mhm mhm!"

Aria pauses as a bee lands on her head, "Hey!" She shakes her head and waves away the bee, giving a comical angry look. In response, the bee flew around her waving hands that didn't contain much strength, and its cartoony face gave a sort of stern look. Aria, confused by this, is reminded of a certain person she knew that gave this look often as well.

{Oh yeah, I should log off soon if I don't want to get scolded!}

Avoiding the gaze of the bee, she stares in the direction the mysterious warrior fled.

{I would have liked to talk to her some more, she was really, incredibly cool! Eliavin, I'll need to remember that name! I'm sure we'll meet again, hehe!}

Giving a wide smile, a ranger in the woods disappears.

Her optimism is truly frightening.


 

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaah...man..." After completely bolting away, I stop to catch my breath with my stamina all used up. Leaning down, hands on my knees, I catch sight of a long string of hair that was black in color.

Straightening up again, I reach behind my back and grasp the long locks of hair. My curiosity is piqued, and I find myself wanting to know what I look like! However, looking at my surroundings, there isn't any sign of water that I could use as a mirror. Plus, the camera function is still locked as of now.

Well, I guess it won't matter too much. However, that encounter was seriously tiring. I gained two levels from it alone, and I think in the middle of cutting open that slime, my [Slash] skill leveled up too.

Ah, speaking of which, I messed around with the skill once or twice already, so I know that my username changes and all. All the changed stuff is shown in my stat window too. But, I wonder what it changed into this time?

[Main]
[Username] Eliavin
[Level] 6
[Class] Warrior 
[Adventurer Rank] D [Ο]
[Health] 34/150
[Mana] 100/100
[Stamina] 190/480
[Money] 1030G
[Reputation] -100
[Weapon and Equipment]
[Grey Linen Shirt] [Brown Linen Pants]
[Leather Shoes] [Leather Belt]
[Basic Iron Sword]  
[Stats]
[Strength] 23
[Dexterity] 17
[Constitution] 15
[Intelligence] 10
[Wisdom] 10
[Charisma] 10
[Skills]
[Slash LV 5] [Sprint LV 1]
[Throw LV 2] [Skinning LV 1]

Right, right, it seems like I got pretty similar stats to my own. My real stats are grayed out, but it seems like the things I do reflect on my fake stats to a point. My stamina is recovered ten points by this time, though the fake stats say I still have more; the math matches too. My [Slash] skill is actually level four, and I've leveled up to seven, but my fake stats still show that I'm level six. My weapons and equipment are the same as well.

Hmm, I suppose that means I'll likely have to be more specific on my wants to get different or similar stats and skills? It probably won't matter too much in the beginning, though. I doubt people have skills that are like that yet.

Oh yeah, I should probably try out the other utility of [Incognito] at some other time, but I haven't really gotten two objects that have different stats but are the same type. Huh, maybe I could use two different colored rabbit pelts?

On another note, I haven't really taken that close of a look on my stat screen in a while, but I wonder what that thing next to my Adventurer Rank means? Thinking back on it, it was on my guild card too. I should probably look into what it means since it appears on both.

Other than that...

The last thing I was avoiding...

Avoiding...

...

Sorry, I just want to avoid reality for a moment!

 

All my exams, are finally, done!!!

Sorry for the late chapter, and I hope for your understanding!

I should be able to return to my one upload a week again!

3