Prologue: Beginning of the End
3.9k 8 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jun Yibai was born into a world where there were six sexes. They were simple. Male and female of various categories. Alpha, betas and omegas.

Alphas were generally at the top of society, found to have greater strength and intelligence than the other two genders. Place an Alpha anywhere and they'd succeed and prosper. There was no need for meritocracy in a world where alphas existed. There was no need to waste anyone's time bothering.

After them, were the omegas. While considerably weaker than betas and alphas, they made up for this with charm and wisdom. If there was something you wanted to know, an omega was the best person to ask. Their elegance and poise made them the ideal choice for celebrities and politicians, seducing people out of their money and votes with an easy smile.

Then there were the betas. There was nothing to say about them. They were what most people were, making up almost 70% of society yet having no great traits. 

Betas weren't smart, strong, or elegant.

They were barely average.

What does average mean in a world with superstars and powerful CEO's?  Even when placed in a normal job, they were outshined by any alpha or omega that showed up.

This made most betas fairly bitter, derisively whispering about the exceptional minority that had unfairly made their lives harder.

Was it their fault that alphas were naturally smart and strong? Was it their fault that omegas were charming and beautiful? If not, then why did they have to suffer? Why force them to live alongside those who ruled because of genetics?

It wasn't fair.

Life wasn't fair.

This was the kind of world Jun Yibai grew up in. A world filled with beautiful and strong people who were despised because of those traits. A world where beta families spoke the words like 'alpha' or 'omega' like they were speaking out a curse.

Jun Yibai, having grown up in a pure beta family, was taught the basics of life as a beta.

Keep your head down.

Make a lot of money.

Have a family.

Don't associate with alphas or omegas.

Four simple steps and his life would be simple. Four steps that every member of his family had stuck to and lived by. 

Yet years down the line, he found himself struggling to fulfill those goals. All because of a pair of bastards that refused to let him remain just another face in the crowd.

A pair that didn't want to stay in their neat boxes and follow the agreed upon path. A pair of idiots who dared say they were his mates somehow.

*****

AN: So this is my first try at making an ABO story so have mercy on me.

69