A house visit
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 A room inside Kano city

   A man in his late 40’s ponders in his office. This man is the blood brother to William Vusck. His name is Garso Vusck, well not anymore. When he married he took her last name to show loyalty to his brother from the same mother.

    “What am I gonna do with this revaluation?” He says while walking back and forth. A women in her 30’s in a maid outfit and a letter neatly folded back up stands perfectly still and says “my’lord, you should tell master Vusck. He will aid you most definitely. These are his lands after all.”

    Prov change:

   Garso

     “My brother would use the same tactic as last time when we found a traitor. He even got mad at me for not settling it before that man ate at his dinner table.” My maid bows at me and excused herself. 

     That brother of mine, as soon as he found out that man was raising alms for rebels he grabbed his throat mid sentence. His wife gasped but didn’t say anything. Me and my big mouth shouldn’t have been surprised.

       He left the room after the man looked at him in the eyes, in defiance. This dude got guts, not in a good way either, and not for long, is what I thought at first. 

       Then I was left there with the wife, General Doff, and his wife and brother’s first wife, and 2 servants startled. 

         I smiled as big as I could and said “Continue the talk family. Nothing is out of order. Haha. Must I say the mage tower here is sure is helpful. And I praise mrs. Vusck for a wonderful job last time with the bad relationships with the northern nobility. Mrs. Vusck care to elaborate how it all started while I get drinks. Haha.”

     With a high rank general like Doff here I probably shouldn’t have secretly given my brother an evidence letter of that man's treachery. 

     That night was exhausting to the core. 

==========================

   Prov: Vade

    

    The homework wasn’t really a priority for me. I just wanted to be out of the house. Bertha walked at a brisk pace in front and told us to follow. She has been here before many times I’ve heard. 

     Well the reason was she was engaged to my uncle, Garso Pails. He took his new wife’s last name a couple years ago.

      He is kinda wimpy for a guy my dad's size. So he towers over everything but is too soft. I shook his hand before and he had soft hands! No calluses or any death glare.  

      I couldn’t believe he was dad's blood relative. I met him when he came over to leave his first engagement with Bertha at the audience hall, a couple years back.

      He had given Bertha quite the sorry gift costing at least 80 mil gold worth. That had to have made a huge dent in even the king's treasury. 

      She didn’t seem mad or angry either so I thought she didn’t care too much. But on that weekend she went missing for a day with me and she told me this.

     “Little brother, don’t be like father. He is cruel (She paused for a second) monster. It is not Mr. Garso’s fault he had to pay an alimony towards me and my mother.” She got close to me and said to never tell anyone this moment. 

      It all happened so fast. She started to kiss me hard. I resisted at first but I liked it so much. First time I noticed that my sister from another mother was so beautiful. I was between 8 and 11 years old.

      Women are wonderful, but very manipulative creatures. We would have gone for baby making if not for father finding us. Not in mid do so he just assumed we got lost. And that’s what Bertha said.

       I want Bertha even now at age 13 in a waiting room of uncle Garso.

      Deri looked around silently then Bertha stood close but not taking a seat. I guess I am the only one excited to be here.

     “Deri, sister Bertha, why are we at uncle Garso’s place and not looking for the lowlife?” I said and actually meant I want to explore/date with you while we find this swindler.

     Bertha was first to speak “He is mayor of the town. As a noble it is our job to greet him if we are in his city. Plus I believe we might get a description of the con man.

     Deri looked at Bertha then at the floor then sighs and said “plus we shouldn’t go into this blind my lord Vade.”

      I frown at Deri for being so formal. I hate when he does that. He even bows like a servant at the end of whatever he says towards me. 

      Well whatever. At least he isn’t interested in Bertha or girls yet I think. We don’t talk much anymore.

     At the next moment a man runs in clearly flustered. I don’t see why we didn’t wait know more then 5 minutes.  Oh it’s uncle Garso.

     He smiled really big almost unnaturally. Yep he’s weird.

     “Welcome family and lord Vade, how's your father? Kicking and bashing I hope?” He says with a delight. I smile a little and say “father is fine uncle Garso. How about you I heard your wife is pregnant?”

      “Oh lord Vade, she gave birth a year or 2 ago. And her name is Bethany. My little Bee is so cute and smart she’ll do great things I know. Now look at me, wasting your time. What can I do for you?”

        He smiles and rubs his hands together like a greedy merchant, even has that little bow. When I was about to say something the door burst open again.

      A little girl in a pink dress and shoes with pink olive short hair runs towards Uncle Garso and says with a shout of annoyance. “Daddy why did you leave the lunch table without mom and me. Who came? Why? And why are you sweating so much again?”

     In my mind he will forever be uncle sweat. It’s hilarious. (By the way, the way she talked wasn’t fluent I just saved you from guessing) Still for a year or 2 she talked a lot. 

      Uncle sweat looked at his daughter with a smile and said “Daddy's a Little busy, go to your mom pretty please.” As soon as he finished talking the girls mom walks in and with a bow towards me and says “I apologize for my child’s outburst. She is so energetic sometimes. And my manners. I greet lord Vade heir to the Vusck name, and my nephew in law.”

      This woman looked just like her daughter with the same hair and pink eyes. Just bigger and no baby fat. 

     With all the distractions I’ve grown bored. “Family I’m sorry to interrupt your lunch.”

      Uncle sweat laughed then said “Not at all, no sorry needed. You are always welcome. Is your father with you?” “No I was sent here on a mission, from father. You are having troubles with con men right? I’m here to help.”

      He looked surprised at first then smiled again and said “That is most generous of him. But me and my guards have already caught the merchant. He owned an establishment with loaded dice and jacked cards. It wasn’t just one dude, it was an organization. It took only a platoon (24 men) to round them up.”

     Damn.

0