Afternoon Tea
126 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Xiao Yin, you're back!" Standing at the gate of Dong Mo Peak, a young man waved at us. I think he's the young man who helped us at Bao Ku Hall.

If my memory is correct, his name was Bai Chen, and the current head disciple of the sect master.

Quite a lofty position.

"Oh, welcome Martial Aunt Jing Ran," noticing my presence, Bai Chen quickly cupped his hands in greeting. "What brings Martial Aunt to our Dong Mo Peak?"

"Eh, Bai Yin invited over for a visit," slinging an arm over her shoulder, I smiled, "Right, Bai Yin?"

"Em," she squeaked out as she nodded. Huh, we better get inside quick or else by the looks of it, Bai Yin is going to faint any second.

"Oh," a strange look flashed over Bai Chen's face before returning to his passive appearance. "I see. This is the first time Xiao Yin has invited any friends over."

"Really? Well, I suppose there's a first for everything."

"Eh," he nodded with a distracted look in his eye. "Well, this disciple will not keep you any longer. Please enjoy your stay," Bai Chen bowed once more before rushing off somewhere.

Hmm, I wonder if he had something urgent to do.

"Well, where to, Bai Yin?" Looking over at the younger girl, Bai Yin seemed to be in a trance as she watched Bai Chen's retreating figure. "Bai Yin?"

"Ah!" Snapping out of her daze, she reddened as she looked back at me. "Sorry, this way."

Removing my arm, I followed her until we arrived at a vast bamboo forest. It was rather cool here as the green leaves above shielded us from the harsh sun above.

Perhaps Bai Yin wouldn't pass out after all.

Walking down a winding trail, we soon arrived at a gazebo overlooking atop a hill.

"Um, take a seat," gesturing to a stone chair across the table, Bai Yin fidgeted as I sat down across from her. "U-um, would you like some refreshments?"

"Uh, sure. I hope this doesn't inconvenience you," I was already inviting a lot of trouble for myself as I came unannounced.

Eh.

So far, no trouble arouse yet, so I'll just go with the flow.

¯\_('・ω・`)_/¯

"N-no, not at all," fumbling with her sleeves, she quickly pulled out a tea set and started to brew tea. "I usually carry a teapot with me since Big Brother likes drinking my tea."

"Wow, your tea must be delicious if he can't stand to be without it."

"Hmm, thank you," she smiled as she focused on brewing the dried leaves.

Soon enough, a freshly poured cup of tea was placed in front of me as the gentle fragrance slowly wafting up in the fresh air. "Thanks, Bai Yin."

"It's no issue, Jing Ran," Bai Yin smiled. "Um, so what do you want to do?"

Ah, that's right. It would be sort of awkward if we just sat here and do Nothing.

Hmm…

Perhaps we should start with an easy topic?

"Hmm, oh! You mentioned you had an older brother, who is he?"

"Uh? You didn't know?"

"Know what?" Was there something I was missing here?

"The young man who greeted us at the gate, he's my Big Brother, Bai Chen," she titled her had to the side. "I thought that was common knowledge around here."

"Haha, well, I don't seem to get the info around here." First Yong Shi library and now this? How much information did I miss when I skipped those dumb auxiliary classes!

"Em, well, he's my father's eldest disciple and adopted son, therefore, my older brother."

"Ah, I see." Makes's sense. "He seems to treat you pretty well, like as if you were his blood sister."

"Eh, well, we did grow up together. And Big Brother would always come to my rescue like a fairytale hero and make things better," a soft expression flashed over her face as she talked about Bai Chen.

"You must look up to him a lot."

"Eh, of course! He's my hero. Anyways, enough about me. What about you, Jing Ran?"

"Me?" What about me?

"Y-you, um, do you have anyone you admire or like," at this, Bai Yin started to grow a bit pink. Hmm, perhaps drinking hot tea during summer isn't a good idea.

Too much internal heat.

"Hmm, lemme think," someone I admire or like. "I admire Senior Sister, I suppose. She's good at martial arts, and her cultivation is relatively high for her age.

Also, she diligent and responsible, two things that I am not good at. Hmm, what else," tapping my finger against the table, I tried to think of more points. "She's also adorable when she's embarrassed.

Heh, I find it so funny when she tries to hide her emotions from me.

Don't tell her this, but the tips of her ears always give her away, hehe."

"Hmm, you also seem to think highly of your senior."

"Well, yeah, of course." I figured most juniors would look up to their seniors, but Senior Sister is clearly on a whole nother playing field than most. "She's amazing."

Well, at least when she's not mad.

When Senior Sister is mad, she's like an ice demon or something. Whoa, I'm getting chills just thinking about it.

Eh, even so, I can't seem to help but poke the beast. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The conversation ended up jumping around from various topics here and there, and I eventually found out about some of Bai Yin's hobbies.

She likes to brew tea, embroider, and surprisingly make pills! I didn't know that she was an alchemist, that's so cool!

"Em, it's nothing much," she blushed when I started to get excited.

"Nothing much? Pill making is such a dedicated task, I doubt I would able to focus long enough to make a single pill, and even then, it would be a low grade one."

"Em, don't say that I'm sure you'll be able to do anything you wish if you put your mind to it, Jing Ran."

"Huh, I suppose," but that takes a lot of work Bai Yin. And this martial aunt can't seem to find the time. _(:з」∠)_

Unknowingly, time passed quickly, and soon the early evening sun started to shine down upon us.

"So, do you have anyone you like?"

"Pfft-" Bai Yin looked strange as she suddenly covered her mouth as bits of tea began to drip down her chin.

What just happened? Did I say something wrong? ( ・◇・)?

"Uh, are you okay?" Taking out my handkerchief, I held it out for her to grab. Who knew I would use it again so soon?

"Thank you," she nodded as she quickly took hold of the white cloth and wiped away tea from her face and hands.

"Um, did I say something wrong?"

"U-uh, no," she shook her head, "i-it's just I didn't expect that question."

"Oh, maybe I should change the question. What kind of person do you like?"

"W-why are you asking this kind of question," Bai Yin squeaked as her face brightened a bit.

"Eh, just curious."

"Um, well," Bai Yin looked down as she began to fidget with her hands. "I-I suppose I'd like someone kind."

"Eh? That's it?" That's a relatively low bar.

"Eh, that's it."

"Huh."

"What about you, Jing Ran? What kind of person do you like?"

"Hmm, lemme think. I want someone beautiful inside and out, I suppose.

I mean, I'm a girl, so naturally, I like to look at beautiful stuff.

However, not everyone beautiful superficially is the same in the inside. The same applies to those who have beauty inside.

Also, it would help if they had equal or better martial arts than me so that we can go on adventures together.

Oh, and they have to have a good sense of direction.

That last one is perhaps the most important."

"I-interesting."

"Eh, yeah. Unfortunately, Senior Sister said I wouldn't find any man like that so, that pretty much dashes my options."

Ah, Senior Sister, why must you crush my hopes so? ಥ_ಥ

Is it that you want this junior to be alone forever?

"Well, anyway, thanks for letting me stay so long. I must've interrupted your original plans."

"No, no, not at all. It was fun to have someone else to talk to finally."

Bai Yin escorted me to the gate of Dong Mo Peak, and we bide our farewells after she helpfully pointed out directions.

Alright, let's do this!

Hopefully, I'll make it back by dark.

I guess I'm writing some filler for the time being. _(:」∠)_

And I guess, we sort of know ZNR's type. It seems very specific. Hmm...

8