Alone
24 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Baabum.. Baabum, deafening, the droning of my heart beat. It told me I was alive, my will to live. I look up at the room I'm in, they locked me in here, told me to prepare. The bastards never even game me a choice, the arena it is!

I take stock of what I have, some worn out sandals, some leather pads strapped to my leg only protecting one side. Don't let my enemies get behind me, got it. A leather breastplate and leather arm pads on my right arm only, guess that's why they asked for my dominant hand. My weapon of choice, a spear with a length of 1.5 meters, including my arm length that's 2+ meters, that's my advantage.

Bang Bang, there's a man at the gate clanging on it, "Oi its your time, get out there or," he grins "we'll poke you with spears." The gate starts opening the spikes in the ground are lifted up, "I'll go no need to help me." As I pass by him he leans in closer and whispers in my ear "Boy, do try not to die too quick the audience loves a struggle."

He pulls back and chuckles like he told a funny joke, is he not worried ill just skewer him right now? I turn to do just that as a big fuck you, but he flashes a grin that freezes me in place. Bad idea. His gaze leaves mine and I gasp, when I was holding my breath? What the hell is this world. He leaves the arena giving me time to see the audience, they've enclosed me in a circle sitting on seats that go up like stairs. Their eyes judging me.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the announcer blares, hes stood on a flattened area with a roof over him not like the stairs around him. The crowed starts getting riled up, whats he saying? I tune in for his last words "Begin the bloodshed," the crowd roars in response. A gate opposite of me opens up, a towering figure standing at 6 ft tall comes out. He's kitted out in similar leather armour but he has an axe, rather fitting for his build I guess then. A twisted grin appears on his face as he starts barreling towards me axe in hand.

"Fuck." Panic starts setting in but I some how shake it off and as he comes in to swing at me I duck under the axe and dodge to the side. Right my spear! I turn to lunge at him whilst he recovers from his swing but I'm too late. He swings again this time I'm prepared and I take a step back just out of his reach and lunge for his left leg.
If he cant move I can poke as many holes in him as I want. But expecting that he pivots on his right foot moving his left leg away. I look up and a frown is on his face, I don't think he expected me to put this much of a fight, being felled in one swing.

Circling him, I start looking for any opening, well I don't know what an opening looks like but I hope it'll scream in my face when I see one. The man moves in time with me, keeping his back away from me. Do I engage or wait for him to move first?

The crowd starts getting rowdy throwing insults wanting some action, the man starts getting agitated. Does he know something I don't? He moves clearly impatient, my chance! He dashes forward entering my range but I wait, if I miss then no way am I going to recover in time to dodge.

He lowers his axe towards the ground and crouches down, building up power for an upwards strike. Wait.. . . . now! The axe begins its ascent and I jump to the right, *vooopmh* I could hear it swing past my head narrowly missing. I'm still in the air, I need to strike now, whilst he cant.

Spear in my right, I raise it above my head and using gravity as I fall I jam into his left leg. I try to aim for the gap in the armour but I've never used a spear before so I pray. *Bang* I feel the jolt go through me, it connected! Pulling my spear back to me I shuffle back to take a look. Blood is pouring out of his wound, I must have hit a vein, now I just need to stall for blood loss.

Shock is plastered on his face followed by panic then anger. He sure does go through a lot of emotions. In my chest i felt something rise it itched wanting to escape, I let it. *Roooooaaaaaar* "Come get some you bastard." The shock wave pushes us both back but the man didn't look right, his eyes glazed over red.
He charges me and I find my self running at him, adrenaline coursing through my veins, the thrum of blood in my ears. A fight. My spear, the man, that's all I can think about. We reach each other but neither us stop, both on a collision course.

I start taking in little details, his arms are tensed with red veins crawling up his arm into his face. His axe, I can see it, to the left. I turn to the right with my side facing him to reduce my surface area. The axe swings, pain assaults my system but I ignore it. I'm on the inside now, I can see his neck a clear shot. Thrusting, I put my all my power into it *Bang* another hit, I pulling it out and jump back. Eyes wide, he drops his axe and drops to his knees his hands going towards his neck. *Gurgle* its not stopping as the blood keeps gushing forth out of his neck and mouth on to the floor.

The man turns to me clearly giving up on that endeavor and grasps out for me trying to say something. All I can make out is "run." through all the gurgling and gasping. He falls to the ground his limbs growing limp his eyes never leaving mine.

I shudder, I.. I just killed a man, but.. he tried to kill me. No that doesn't make it any better. What have I done, tears start filling my eyes. As I try to take a step forward I realize I don't even have much strength left to stand.

"Looks like we have a winner, the loser has been cut down! Quite a surprise no one expected the underdog to win." The announcer excited shouted "I loved it, the tension, the danger, the blood! Especially that last charge at the end, that had my blood boiling." The crowd got heated up and started shouting things but I wasn't hearing any of it any more.

My eye lids heavy the world starts going black. The last thing I heard was "Welcome Ethan."

0