Chapter 2: His Master, Yue Qinglan
226 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Xiaorong was feeling very stressed out right now. Honestly, he has been very stressed for the past 15 years of his life, as in this world, he was without his Master there beside him, and he wasn't farming to his heart's content. But right now, he was especially stressed out due to all sorts of situations that he had willingly placed himself in for these past months or so. Making sure that the kids are trained and well informed and that everyone knows the risk of contamination, water safety, zombie virus safety, and all sorts of other things.

After all, these past months' actions and things that need to be done just increasingly inclined his stress tolerance level to a whole new level with all sorts of stressful things happening. But now that his Master's here with him, all those stress slowly declined to a much lower level, causing his very soul to vibrate happily and excitedly. His expression and skin tone seem to glow slightly with happiness. His eyes, whenever it lands on his Master, don't want to leave at all.

His Master and Master’s brothers-in-arms were here together with him after they'd traveled all the way here from the Capital City. They had passed multiple towns and villages, killed countless zombies, and got into countless dangerous situations. Their clothes were smeared with rotten flesh of former humans and dark black bloodstains, and they all smelled like they hadn't taken a shower or bath in months. Don't they know that zombies are very sensitive to human scents?! Why aren't they taking care of themselves at all?! Master should know this, right?

All of them had wounds that needed to be cleaned, sanitized, and bandaged with new clean bandages, so Xiaorong didn't take a lot of time hugging his Master and letting them suffer for long. The newly arrived adults need to clean themselves up, too. Not just their wounds.

Even though he really wants to avoid those guys for now and just hold onto his Master, he can't do that. It's too dangerous. Especially if those people bring any contamination into the orphanage, that would be very bad.

Shen Xiaorong lets them inside the orphanage as he calls the kids to get the cleaning supplies to clean up the adults while they are still outside the mansion. All of the kids look at the adult men that came with Master with caution and alertness, showing various weary expressions on their faces. But experiences as orphans had long ago taught them to read people who would have ill intentions and people who aren't kind to kids. Thus, seeing that these adults were 'okay' adults, they didn't hesitate to help them, even though every one of these kids was very cautious toward them. Regardless of their cautiousness, the kids still listened to Shen Xiaorong and start to help cleanse the newly arrived adults with reasonable caution and alertness.

A couple of hours later, everyone was cleaned, took their bath or shower, and bandaged their wounds before Master introduced himself to the kids and staff members. 

When Master introduced himself as my lover, the Director and Liu Ziyi both glared at him with a look that spoke of how much they would like to kick him out right now. Their expression was the looks of doting parents who learned that their only child had a boyfriend and was already planning the wedding without asking for their permission and opinions as he stole me away from them.

Of course, Master, being Master, completely ignored them as he pulled me into his chest and held me tightly, all the while looking nonchalantly at the Director and at Liu Ziyi. That nonchalant look makes them even more madder at him. 

The Director wanted to have a word with Master, but Master completely ignored her after looking at her deeply for a couple of tense seconds.

Master's teammates/brothers looked at the cold look on the Director's face, and they all sweat drops. 

What? I was only 17 years old this year! According to the adults' opinions, I am not an adult yet. Thus, any nighttime activity the couple could do was a big No-No for me based on their own opinions. 

Although judging by the looks on the adult's faces, they all knew that such an ideal and moral restriction didn't work on me. The Director knew this as well, but she still wanted to make sure that the Master won't mistreat me. Although, Shen Xiaorong's Master completely ignored the older woman. 

Shen Xiaorong looked at the older woman with a look that said, 'There is no need to talk to him about whatever it was that you want to say.' The Director looked to be choked for a couple of seconds before she signed out in resignation as she recognized the looks on my face. 

Shen Xiaorong's Master held him tighter against his chest as the last person introduced himself, who happened to be Qi Qingqing, the Fire Ability System user. One of the two women that were in Shen Xiaorong's Master's team.

The other girl was Shang Fengli, the Wind Ability System user. 

Both of the ladies looked very fit like they were either fighters or athletes.

Qi Qingqing was a gym teacher and a pretty well-known wellness coach for a group of female actresses and singers. She was already married and was on her way to find her husband in Hanzhou from her break when the Apocalypse happened.

From the Capital to Hanzhou, on a plane, it would have taken only 2 or so hours at most. On cars, 12 or 13 hours or so was enough but considering this current situation, it would probably take at least 9 days to 18 days from here on out. And this was if you don't take into consideration all the zombies that they would encounter on the way. Of course, if you know the right way and was careful of what and where you go, then 7 days or so would be fine too. Or in this case, if it was Shen Xiaorong himself and his Master who took them to Hanzhou, then, it would only take them 3 days from there.

Shen Xiaorong went into the kitchen with Yue Qinglan right behind him with his arm around his waist. Yeah, Yue Qinglan was going to be extra possessive and protective for a while. But Shen Xiaorong himself didn't care and happily let his Master hold him. Embarrassment? What's that? Can that be something that this AI eats or use as fuel? No? Then he didn't need it. 

"Master, what do you want to eat?" Shen Xiaorong's eyes were bright and twinkling as he asked this question with a completely bright face. All the kids and the adults that aren't from Yue Qinglan's team look at the brightly lit-up face of Shen Xiaorong and their eyes completely widen. That sheer happiness in Shen Xiaorong's eyes was enough to cause all the kids and adults who know him to completely freeze in their spots in surprise and shock. 

This is the first time that they had seen Shen Xiaorong smile brightly like that. In fact, this was the first time that they saw the always-neutral-poker-face Shen Xiaorong smile at all. Period. 

And it was so bright, happy, content, and cheery!

He was never like that with them before... All of the adults feel odd at seeing how happy Shen Xiaorong was. The kids were slightly jealous that Yue Qinglan had this much of an impact on Shen Xiaorong but they didn't say anything about it, either. 

"Anything A'Rong made is good." The man answers calmly. The man's gaze never left Shen Xiaorong's face. The Director looked choked once again at this scene in front of her eyes.

Shen Xiaorong's eyes were bright as he tilts his head to the side in thinking. Completely ignoring the Director and how she was choking on her split.

"Eggplant braised with minced meat, wonton soup, and spicy mapo tofu?" Since his Master likes spicy food a lot.

The man nodded as he continues to gaze at the younger teenage boy with a soft tender look in his eyes. The ticks on the Director's face look even darker but she held in her displeasure since it was clear that Xiaorong didn't mind. The fact that this person made Xiaorong happy... The director feels very conflicted with this.

Shen Xiaorong happily went into the kitchen and started to take out the ingredients from his space. Not from the orphan's food storage but from his space. And then, started to cook happily with a small humming song on his lips. 

He's feeding his Master! So the food that he cooks must be made with the best ingredients! Even if those ingredients are all normal ingredients and not magical or spiritual ingredients.

Within half an hour, the scents of the divine delicious smell of food came out from the kitchen, causing all the kids' and adults' stomachs to gurgle in hunger. 

"Anqing, come help me set the table," Shen Xiaorong asked. 

Shu Anqing, the girl who awakened to the Fire System Ability, happily complied with Shen Xiaorong's wish. The thing was, Shu Anqing was far too conditioned into doing what Shen Xiaorong asked her to do since he was the one that trained them all. So, she didn't hesitate at all even if he told them to walk into a horde of hungry zombies.

The kids knew exactly who their benefactor was and were more than happy to comply with whatever his wishes were. Years before this shitty apocalypse started, Shen Xiaorong has been a great supporter of their orphanage, and thus they all had already trusted him with their lives.

Shu Weiqing looked at how happy his sister was and went to help set the table. As a Water System Ability user, Shu Weiqing can now condense enough water and ice into a large container for drinking water for everyone, including the adults that just came in. Of course, this was after he purified the water and make sure that it is clean drinking water even if he had condensed it out of thin air.

Yi Chen, who also awakened to the fire system ability, went to grab a large basin and had Shu Weiqing condense some water into it for handwashing everyone's hands. 

The kids all line up to wash their hands, faces, and necks before sitting down on their designed chairs as they waited for the food that Shen Xiaorong would be bringing. Of course, this time, to make space for the new adults, they moved their chairs closer to each other. Nonetheless, they all patiently waited for the food without causing a scene or getting impatient. This caused the newly arrived adults to look at the kid with a slight surprise in their eyes at seeing their well-behaviors.

Bai Feili, who had earth ability, helped brings the rice and steam buns to the dining table. All the adults just quietly watch as they did this without moving from their spots.

It wasn't like they didn't want to help, okay? It was that they couldn't help since Shen Xiaorong's training the kids to be able to survive without the adults for their own future. Thus, no matter how reluctant the adults are, they can only watch quietly as the kids train themselves up to standard. 

The adults that came with Yue Qinglan could only look at the situation with question marks on their faces. 

Before they knew it, the table was set, and water was distributed out. 

Yue Qinglan set with Shen Xiaorong on his lap as Shen Xiaorong feeds him. The dog food was so thick that it causes all the other adults to look either jealous or like they were just fed a bowl full of dog food. Although, the vice-captain of their little team, Bai Zhangji looks slightly confused as he peeks at both of them. 

For the past couple of months, Bai Zhangji knew that his best friend had changed. But even so, this change was a good change since the apocalypse started. However, he knew that his friend was very paranoid, suspicious, coldhearted, and indifferent toward other people. Thus, for the first time ever since he met Yue Qinglan, he saw that Yue Qinglan was actually warm toward someone. 

The cold indifferent face was warm as he continues to eat the food that was fed to him by the younger boy. And that younger teen... why does he look oddly familiar? 

Strange... Ahh, Shen Xiaorong? That Shen Xiaorong? The one that created the Ingame platform that allows hundreds of varieties of games to be created without using thousands of times of data? The one that helped the government create the Face-Trace System to search for Criminals?! 

Shit! That Shen Xiaorong was this teenage boy?! Yue Qinglan's boyfriend?!

No wonder Yue Qinglan never bat an eye even when the Madonna of their college throw herself at him. Or the countless other women and occasionally men. 

Bai Zhangji lowers his head as he continues to eat the delicious food in front of him without making a sound, unlike the other people who came with him and Yue Qinglan.

Each person got a bowl of rice, a bowl of bone soup with Napa cabbage, a small dish of eggplant stirred fries with mincemeat, two wontons in a small soup bowl, and a small two spoonful of mapo tofu in red fiery pepper. There was also one steam bun the size of a kiddo's fist, too.

In fact, during times like this, this much food was not a good idea. But, all the other adults that came with Yue Qinglan only look shocked for a couple of seconds before they eat the food in front of them without leaving anything left. They had already seen four kids with Abilities, who knows what ability Yue Qinglan's beloved boyfriend has for him to be able to dish out this much amount of food?

After eating, the staff members took the dishes and had the kids who haven't awakened their ability help wash them.

All the while Shen Xiaorong was sitting with the people that came in with Yue Qinglan after they had moved from the dining room to the living room. They are currently getting their situation well informed and thus everyone was in the living room discussing.

"This is the map of the surroundings within 15km from here. There's a fire-fighter station here, a police department station here, two banks here, the shopping district is here, the two hospitals are here and here, the town's granary is located here but there's a lot of zombies here due to people fleeing to that direction, there's a small military armory camp here but it was deserted and locked down before this whole shit happen. So there might still be weapons and ammunition there. There's also the two food manufacturing facilities here and here that specialized in canned fruits and canned vegetables." Shen Xiaorong calmly pointed to the labels on the map that he had created using the Atlas Map for the older brothers and sisters that came with Yue Qinglan.

Yue Qinglan wasn't holding Shen Xiaorong right now but he was sitting right beside him and holding his other hand. 

"The dark blue line drawn here is the line that divided the area that I had already gone through and the area that I haven't gone through yet. Thus, within these areas, if you guys could quietly clean up the places instead of using ability and guns, then that would be a lot more efficient and safer for everyone. Abilities and sounds attracted zombies more than freshly bleed blood. Thus, silently killing zombies using melee attacks is safer for everyone. It might waste more time but it is safer. By the way, I haven't asked, but do any of you guys know how to use a crossbow?" Shen Xiaorong asked the older brothers and the two sisters. He didn't bother to ask his Master since the answer was already obvious.

All of them looked at Shen Xiaorong with a blank looks on their face.

"I see. Training time, then. In that case, we should patrol these areas for a couple of weeks while training you guys up to speed first. After all, it is better if you can train your ability but can still use other weapons in an emergency. Any question or objection?" Shen Xiaorong waited a couple of seconds for the other people to say anything. Only to see that they were all looking at his Master for his opinion. 

"None. Let them and the kids train together for a couple of weeks first before... Ah'Rong? What's wrong?" While Yue Qinglan was going to suggest an idea, he saw that his beloved had this solemn and deep thinking look in his eyes. When his Beloved look like that, it speaks of an urgent situation.

"Hm, I just thought that it might be best to go to the next town's grain storage facility first. After all, it had already been sometimes already, and I didn't know if those grains would be contaminated if we waited longer. The next town is a larger town than this one. So, there would probably be more survivors there along with more zombies. What do you think, Master?" Shen Xiaorong asked as he mentions a problem that he has been worrying about.

Yue Qinglan's eyes narrowed. True, the virus will continue to get stronger as time goes on and grain contamination is a very serious problem. 

"Very well, we should go to the other town first. Bai Zhangji, you stay and help the kids here. Wang Jiang, Zeng Xian, Qiu Jingli, Qi Qingqing, and Shang Fengli will come with Ah'Rong and me." Yue Qinglan gave the order, and everyone nodded.

"While you guys wait and train here, remember to go through the list of things you must do daily and complete the Check-List to ensure that everything is working and no zombies are nearby." Shen Xiaorong said as he gave Bai Zhangji the Check-List, the Daily Work List, and the Precaution Board of Discretion List." 

The Check-List was the List that Bai Zhangji had to make sure that the kids were doing as they should be. For example, what they should be wearing during gardening time, the safety that they should have done, and things like that. 

There was also a list of Non-Awakening Kids and Adults that had to wear more protective clothes while taking care of the gardens. 

Everything was specifically detailed in those papers. 

Bai Zhangji looked at the list of things and scanned through the paper. He notices right away why and how this orphanage was able to stay safe. 

He then saw the list of kids who have special abilities and his eyes widened. And then, he got to the list of people who have an innate ability but haven't awakened yet due to special circumstances.

On top of the list was Liu Ziyi, who has Light Ability and a special physique condition. Light System Ability Users are able to Heal, Slow Down the flows of the Virus, shielding an area away from zombies within a certain grade and condition. Thus, her usefulness was top grade.

However, according to the notes on the paper, to awaken her ability and her special physique traits, it required 200 Second Grade zombie nuclei. And she will also need to purify the impurity within her body too. And that took a lot of energy from the surrounding—something which isn't possible right now. 

Although, Bai Zhangji had a lot of questions concerning where and how Shen Xiaorong was able to gather this information, right now what he worried about was going through all the things listed on the paper.

And besides that, there are a couple of problems that he still has inside his mind.

This base... won't be able to stand here for long. And it seems like Shen Xiaorong also knows this too. But why didn't he take the kids to a larger base already? 

He asked this question.

"You are right. However, right now is summer. And during this time, I want to train the kids to use their abilities to the best possible. Once winter comes, I plan on taking the kids to the Southern Base and would only come back during spring. But before we can do that, I have to make sure that we have enough resources to last throughout this incoming winter. There were 36 children who were older than five years old and 4 kids who were under five years old. There are eight staff members who are adults. In total, the amount of food we need daily is at least 45kg per day just to sustain the living conditions of the human body. And I know that on a larger basis, food was a huge issue. Thus, I didn't bother to bring the kids there. I plan to train the kids until October and then move everyone to the Southern base and live there until Spring and come back here. But before that, we need to accumulate enough wood, firewood, clothes, medication, strength, and knowledge about this virus or disease called the Zombie Virus." Shen Xiaorong spoke out of nowhere with no small amount of information and facts. 

A while back, before his Master came here, Shen Xiaorong had gone to the Southern Base and the other Survivor bases to research their living condition. However, to his shock, he found out that only the Southern Base in the south had prepared for the winter and started to accumulate firewood using Wood System Abilities users. The other base were all concentrated on food and medicines. 

He knows that humans tend to seek shelter, water, and food first for survival but at this current stage of the apocalyptic, it is best if they prepare for the incoming winter rather than food. After all, there's still a lot of food and grains left from this year's harvest and from the previous two years' harvest. 

Thus, they should be preparing for winter instead of concentrating on food. 

The Southern Base did prepare for food, however, their concentrating on food was only 30% of their Wood System Ability Users. The Majority of the Wood System Abilities users were concentrating on growing trees like oak trees, poplar trees, birch trees, teak trees, rosewood and or blackwood trees, other trees that were mainly used for timber, and firewood trees that are easily grown with a faster mature rate. 

At this rate, Shen Xiaorong can only say that the Southern Base has a much longer vision and insight. Why? Because winter this year is going to be devastating. Very much so. 

With Shen Xiaorong's enormous experiences with apocalyptic worlds from countless other planes and alternative Earth Reality Worlds at his backing, he can say with 90% certainty that the first winter with Apocalyptic Worlds like this one is going to be very, very, harsh for humans and animals who doesn't their awakened to their ability yet.

The temperature will drop as low as -60 degrees Fahrenheit easily. And during such temperatures, not even zombies would be able to move. Thus, what humans need to worry about was warmth, water, food, and stability. 

So, Shen Xiaorong chose the Southern Base as their Winter camp for the winter blowout.

Therefore, while the kids with Wood, Earth, and Water System Abilities were training their skills and control of their abilities with farming, Shen Xiaorong was inside his Space, growing trees for firewood and timber purposes and a lot of strong and flexible grasses for isolation purposes. Of course, that wasn't the only thing that he was doing inside his Space, but it was the main concentration and goal.

Bai Zhangji nodded in understanding after that. 

Three hours later, everything was in place, and everyone entered their position.

A large truck with reinforced tires, sides, tops, backs, and front was placed in front of the orphanage base. 

Everyone from the Out-Hunter team looked at the truck suddenly appearing in front of them, and they all twitched. Not to mention, the vehicle itself was... a bit far too high-tech. Well, it looked like a truck, but it was, in fact, a Hover Vessel from one of the Intergalactic Era World's transportation devices.

Shen Xiaorong had designed it to look like a truck, but it could hover above ground when he wanted it to with no problem. Not only that, the looks were very deceiving. Very, very deceiving, indeed.

Outside, it looked like the driving cockpit was only capable of holding 3-4 people at most, but once you got inside it, there was actually enough space for 12 people with plenty of room for stuff. This is because the whole vehicle vessel was Charmed by Shen Xiaorong using wizardry spells. Thus, the inside was 50 times spacier than the outside. Yue Qinglan took one look at the so-called truck, and his eyebrows started to twitch slightly.

"Ah'Rong, since when did you learn to design and create Hover Vessel?" He asked after he took a couple of deep breaths. It seems that there are still a lot of things that he didn't know about his beloved A.I., And that feeling was slightly exciting with a lot of exaggeration along with it.

Yue Qinglan knew that the number of worlds that his Little Xiaorong went through was much more than he let on. Thus the number of Subjects/Objects/Things that he had probably learned in those worlds would be countless. And he wouldn't know about it unless his Little Xiaorong remembered to tell him.

"Hmmm? In Maybell's World. Remember that Zerg vs. Titan vs. Tyranids world? I learned it there." Shen Xiaorong answered. In that world, no, Universe, there was more than just intergalactic planetary wars going on. Between Zerg and Tyranids, the Titan and Protoss nearly went extinct had they not formed an Alliance with each other and with the Human, Beastmen, and Ether races in the universe. Shen Xiaorong remembers that he spent over 5,000 years living in that world before his Master was born in that universe.

Hence, during the time that he waited, he learned a lot of things. Vessel Creation was just one of them.

"... Maybell's world..." Yeah, Master, remember that world, alright. Maybell was Master's younger half-brother in that world. And Maybell's' mother was a Beastmen while his father was a human; thus, he was born half-beastman-half-human. This has its own advantage and disadvantage. Combat-wise, he got all the good things. His intelligence, wisdom, and charisma were very high. His soul strength was ranked SSS, alongside Master's own Soul Strength. However, all of this comes at a cost. Maybell was... not good at emotion. At all. Oh, he can fake his emotion like everyone else. But the truth of the matter was that asides from Master and me, he does not care about anyone else. A semi-psychopath and sociopath all in one. A semi-psychopath because Maybell's a soldier through and through, but he doesn't react violently as a normal psychopath.

Why me? That would be because I was his babysitter for 200 years, from birth to his teenage years. He lives with Master and me. Not his parents. After all, the Master's father and Maybell's mother didn't actually love each other. 

It was an accident. While Maybell's mother was trying to save Master's mother, she got poisoned by a rare Tyranids alongside Master's father; thus, those two successfully saved Master's mother but at their... well... physical cost. Consequently, 3 months later, Maybell's found herself pregnant, much to her and Master's parents' shock. At first, she wanted to abort the child, but Master's mother would not let her. Thus, she decided to give birth to Maybell and let the June Family raise him. 

Master's father in that world, Jonathan Cil June, was a very cold man like Master. So, he was very cold toward Maybell, who was the evidence of his loss of control and sanity.

Therefore, when I asked if the man would let me raise Maybell with Master, he agreed without any hesitation.

Master's mother? She'd slapped her husband and forced the man to sleep on the couch for four whole months once she found out about his decision. But by then, I had already taken Maybell with Master and me to another planet. So, so it was too late for her to do anything.

Anyway, since I can't have children in that world, Maybell was like a son to Master and me. Thus we really care for and love that boy. 

Master didn't say anything as he patted my back. He knew that I still missed him.

Maybell didn't get married in that world. Not that he couldn't, but rather, there was no one who could match his DNA sequences and Soul Strengths. Thus, when Maybell died in that world at the age of four thousand and 90 years old, he went quietly and peacefully. Master and I was the one that took care of his funeral. 

Anyway, moving on. Time to stop being sentimental.

The team got inside the 'truck', and once again, they were shocked by their soul at what they were seeing. Seeing their soul-left-their-body-state, I decided to be merciful to them and explain how the inside was larger than the outside. Of course, 1/3 of those details and explanation was lies. Since... my parents aren't wizards and witches. They're just normal humans. I used 2/3 lies and 1/3 of truth to trick these people with no guilt whatsoever.

But the teams didn't know that—asides from Master, of course.

As a result, they easily believe my lies and explanation that this truck was Charmed and Enchanted by me, who learned how to do so from my dead parents.

Wang Jian drove the truck while Zeng Xian took the map and showed the way. I, Master, Qiu Qingqing, Shang Fengli, and Qiu Jingli took care of the zombies that came close to us.

We all noticed that the zombies were getting more and more flexible, faster, and stronger compared to a month ago. But... not enough information.

Both I and Master exchanges look. 

The air turned solemn once everyone noticed the change with the zombies. And it wasn't just the zombies that were starting to change. It was also the environment, too.

There is this odd sensation of lack of Vitality on the ground, the trees, the buildings, and the air itself that had nothing to do with how disastrous the world was due to the Virus infection. The trees look green, but they all felt like fake trees. The air flows, but it lacks a sense of 'movement.' The water in the small river flows down the steam itself, but oddly enough, it is soundless and moistureless. 

I and Master exchange another look. The world is either dying, or something else is currently beginning to take place.

I just hope that this world won't be like the game worlds that I have been through, where everything is data and energy. Or like those other worlds that were Reflected in Secondary Realm World, where every resource was in a Virtual-like Game or World and needed to be earned. If any of such things happened, the zombies of this world would be a pain to deal with after they gained their own nucleus core.

I looked at the zombies carefully and I was glad that they hadn't evolved to the point of developing their own nucleus power core yet. But, judging by their movement, instinct, and physical movement, I would say that there's about a half month more to go before they start developing their own core. And by then, some might even gain an ability of their own. 

But if this world were like the other Odd worlds that I have gone through, then zombies gaining their own ability would make humanity survive a very Harcore Hell-Level Challenge.

We continue on to our destinations while chatting with each other and getting to know each other. I confirmed with Qi Qingqing the fact that she still wanted to find her husband in Hanzhou. I agreed to let Master take them to find her family members after this mission. As for the other people, their family members are either dead, in other cities, or were already at a safe base.

The grain storage facility of this town was not a big one. But it was not a small-size storage facility either. 

The number of zombies that followed the survivors that fled to this town for the grains was not a small number. 

We had to clear thousands of zombies before we could even get to the facility location. 

Master used his ability while training his other team members, and I used my power to help them. Although I only used my Wood ability to manipulate plants behind the scene, my contribution was large enough that everyone was very surprised at how efficiently I cleared off those zombies.

For one, I take inspiration from Plants Vs. Zombies games genres and created a couple of plants similar to the Bamboo Shoots from the game. In this case, it wasn't a Bamboo but a Corn Plant that shot out corn kernel bullets that would either shock the zombies with electric-fire bolts or explode upon contact. I called this plant Shotcorn. The other plants that I'd created were similar to the Cabbage-pult from PvsZ2. But, instead of cabbage, it was a pumpkin that shot out large pumpkin bombs with AoE effects radius of 4 meters that caused the physical strengths and reflexes of the zombies to slow down by more than 70%. I called this plant Pumpboom. Of course, both Shotcorn and Pumpboom were still very low level, so their speeds of attacks were only so-so. But nonetheless, just these two plants were already enough to cover at least 38 degrees of our combat circle. 

This helped reassure the team during their combat a lot. To the shock and bewilderment of everyone.

At my current level, I can create 3 Shotcorn and 5 Pumpboom, but we only need one of each plant; thus, I didn't create more to save my energy and stamina. 

Master looked at the plants I had created, and a small amusing smile graced his lips, causing my whole body to bounce with energy. Master smile!

Hehehehe (*⌒▽⌒*)θ~♪.

As we continued, more and more zombies started to appear, and before we knew it, we already killed a semi-horde. Since none of the zombies have a core yet, we just looted the zombies of anything valuable on them and set them all on fire using Fire Ability before cleaning them off with Water, Air, and Earth abilities.

The houses, apartment complexes, and residential areas we passed by had survivors inside, but we didn't bother with them and just went straight to the grain facility. 

The grain storage facility was locked tightly with passcode security. However, once I got my hand on it, it was as easy as walking for me to open the door. 

Thus, not even 3 hours later, we left the town with enough grains to last everyone back home for another 15 years with no trouble. We didn't take everything because there are still survivors in this town. But we did grab more than 50% of all the grains. 

Oddly enough, we didn't meet other survivors face-to-face. Although Master and I sensed them watching us from a distance, they didn't bother us, so we left them alone.

On our way back, we cleared off all the zombies that tried to get close to the truck, too. Of course, we also looted places like hardware stores, grocery stores, and any stores we passed by since there was plenty of space inside the trucks for more loot and resources.

By the time we made it back home, only 14 hours had passed by, and we came back with all sorts of materials and resources, including beds, sheets, clothes, fabrics, cooking tools, and equipment. Resources like iron metal sheets and all the goodies were included.

Much to the shock of the people staying behind.

Of course, those items needed to be washed and sterilized before they could be used, but everyone was happy to do so.

I didn't give a damn about their shock, though, as I used vines plants to help me transfer everything into the basement storage area and reinforce the walls of the orphanage mansion by letting the kids who can manipulate metal train their abilities. Master also used this opportunity to train his abilities, too.

O(≧∇≦)O d=(´▽`)=b

Master's really good at setting an example~! ー( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

While he did that and let the other people sterilize the materials we bought back, I went ahead and made a large greenhouse and reinforced it with help from the master's team members. After all, the weather's getting very hot now. Thus, the greenhouse must have enough space for four large watering tanks and enough space for me to use either hydroponic or aquaponic. Of course, I would also like to do vertical farming too!

I happily started to plant all sorts of grains now that I got the seeds from the grains storage facility!

Happy Farming! Happy Seeding! Happy Watering! Happy~ Happy~ (^~^)(^~^)(^~^)(^~^)(^~^)

"Corn, broccoli, cucumber, sweet peppers, Brussels sprouts, carrots, daikon, tomatoes, cabbage, potatoes, eggplants, sweet potatoes, lettuces, onions, green chilies, turnips, radish, peas, celery, beans, red chilies, zucchini, garlic, ginger, green onion, leeks, spinach, bitter gourd, Chinese cabbage, Baby Pak Choy, Chinese Broccoli, Gai Choy, scallion, and even more~!!!" 

"Happy~ Happy~ Happy~" ❀.(*´◡`*)❀.❀.(*´◡`*)❀.❀.(*´◡`*)❀.

Master had to smile a he looked at me, who was excitedly humming while planting and taking care of my new build greenhouse. Master's teammates, however, all looked at me like I was going insane. Hmm, maybe I should make use of them and have them do manual labor for me.

I'm the happiest when I plant!!! (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤ Plant. Plant. Plant~ (❁´‿`❁)*✲゚*(❁´‿`❁)*✲゚*

Now, I just have to make sure that I didn't mutant these vegetables since they aren't the ones from my Space farms.

Happy Farming! Happy Seeding! Happy Watering! Happy~ Happy~ Happy~  (^~^) ♡✧( ु•⌄• ) (^~^) ♡✧( ु•⌄• ) (^~^) (^~^) ( •⌄• ू )✧ (^~^) ( •⌄• ू )✧ ♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪




The next day, Master left with his team members to search for Qi Qingqing's husband and family members. They went in the 'truck' that wasn't a truck, and with them, they took enough food, water, and medicines to last for three weeks. They also took the shotcorns and the pumpbooms plants I had created. Of course, I made sure to include enough ammunition for the plants to last at least two weeks or 50,000 ammo each. So, their defense and offense were good.

Before Master left, he and I shared a long makeout session that lasted nearly an hour. But even then, I was reluctant to let my Master go away for three weeks. I knew that they would come back much faster, but still... I just got Master back and still haven't held him long enough! Master was too reluctant to go, but... as the boss and captain of their team, he had promised Qi Qingqing his help already and so he would go.

After they left, I felt my whole sense of self-sulking. And so, I went and killed all the zombies I could find in this small town that I haven't yet. Once I cleared the town of zombies, other civilians and survivors started to show up. I didn't bother with those people as I went around searching for more resources.

This town was small, but it does have a large department store. And now that I cleared off all the zombies, I knew survivors would be making their way to that store, so I didn't go there. Instead, I went to the town's major's mansion and poked around their house. There were no zombies inside the major's mansion, oddly enough. But I found four cars with bloody bodies outside the mansion's gates, so I knew they had probably tried to run away but were unsuccessful. The gate of the major's house was closed, but I didn't go through the gates anyway.

To my surprise, inside the major's room, I found out that this major's weapon storage was filled to the brim with weapons and ammunition. The kinds that are illegal here in China. Other than weapons and ammunition, I also found out that this major was pretty much a no-good one.  

A couple of safety storage units were filled to the brim with hard cash and currency from other countries. There were even gold bars with receipts and legal bloodstain notices. I took everything. What cannot be used in this world could be used in another world, so I see no problems with taking those resources with me. 

The major's wife's room was larger than the major's own room. The wife's room closest was a walk-in closet with all kinds of clothes, shoes, purses, watches, perfumes, cellphones, and brand-name makeup. I took all the perfumes, makeup, clothes, shoes, watches, and everything there. I took everything in the major's mansion into my space. 

After the major's mansion, I went to the local pharmacy to see if there was still anything there. There was no medicine left in there at all. Thus, I went to the surrounding homes, stores, and all the buildings and collected what could still be collected. 

To my shock, I found a pair of kids in one of the family houses.

The boy looked like he was only six years old. He was protecting a baby boy in his chest as he looked at me with wariness. With one look, I knew right away that this pair of siblings were abandoned.

After confirming this fact and getting the boy and girl's names, ages, and parental status, I took them back with me to the orphanage. 

Liu Ziyi and the adults were shocked to see the two kids and shocked to see that they were still alive. But more shocked to see how skinny and malnourished they were. 

After all, it has already been a month and a week since the apocalypse. And according to the kid, his parents had abandoned them for more than two weeks already. How they were still alive was all because the boy had been smart and had gone out to collect food from their surroundings when he noticed no zombies' sound or footsteps. As a result, the boy and his brother were still alive, barely.

I had the adults take care of the two new orphans and back out to see if other children were being abandoned, like Luo Yang and his brother Luo Yun. I found four other children who were still alive. The rest... well, there's no need to say anything else.

I took those four children back to the orphanage and let the adults take care of them. One of them was so weak and malnourished that we could see bones on her. She was only four years old, too.

Aside from the kids, I found two other young adults who had already fainted in their homes. I found one of the young adults slightly familiar, while the other was completely unrecognizable. 

When I took them back to the orphanage, I found out that the one that looked familiar was one of my seniors from High school. He was the Student President of my high school before I went to college. As for the other one, he was an actor. 

I couldn't care less who they were, but now that they're here, they have to share responsibilities with the rest of the kids and adults. And so, they, too, started to learn what it means to live in the orphanage with us. 

Two weeks later, Master and his team came back with eight additional adults and four children.

Hmm... Counting the population, with the additional people that came back with Master and his team, there are 75 people. This meant that new beds needed to be created, and the farms needed to be expanded.

Their timing was great since it is still summer, and a lot of foods can still be grown without drawing attention. I let the Director and the other adults explain to them what they needed to learn, do, and practice in this orphanage to stay with us while Master and I went into our room to clean up. Then, we completely lose ourselves and completely ignore the outside world. 

Master~ Master's back~! ヾ(≧∪≦*)ノ〃♡〜٩( ˃́▿˂̀ )۶〜♡~!

Kisses! Lots of kisses!

That night, we completely ignored everyone else and went all the way. Causing the Soul Marks on my Soul to strengthen and our strengths to increase by three whole levels. Then, Master and I spent three days inside our room consolidating our strengths and foundation before we left.

Master let Bai Zhangji introduce me to the new members and see where it is best to assign them for daily life work and training.

The newly arrived children that came back with Master and the Out-Team were all normal children with no ability of their own. None of them had ever trained themselves before, and their personality was pretty damn spoiled, but after seeing me grow a tree from a seed and how I was able to bend metal with a small smile on my face, they didn't complain when I told them that they too have to work if they want to eat. And no, their parents can't work for them since they have their own jobs that they need to do.

And so, just like that, the newly arrived kids joined in with the other children to train and learn how to survive. Their parents didn't want them to learn how to use weapons like the rest of the kids, but...

"How long do you think you can survive in this shitty world? How long do you think your children can survive without you guys? What? Do you expect other people to look after your children once you're gone? Why the hell would they do that? This is an apocalypse. Not a dream. If you don't want your children to learn how to survive without their own abilities, then you better wake up your abilities so that you can protect them all their lives. If not, then shut the fuck up and let them learn properly. If you still didn't want that, then get the fuck out of my mansion. I am not a saint that will tolerate people like you who don't have the will to survive past tomorrow. Letting you people live with me would only be a waste of resources. What? Not strong enough? Then get stronger. Train your body, your reaction, and your reflexes. Don't want to risk yourself? Then why the fuck should other people risk themselves for you? Either choose to do what everyone here is doing or get the fuck out of here. It's simple as that." The sermons and lectures I gave the adults who didn't want their children to learn how to protect themselves and kill zombies were sharp and deep. 

Master didn't say anything as he let me say whatever I wanted to.

In the end, the adults couldn't do anything as they let their children learn with the rest of the children.

There are only 75 people here. And 15 of them were young children who couldn't do a lot of things. And thus, the adults that had just joined were tasked with the heavier tasks. 

Slowly but surely, everyone started to learn how I run things here at the orphanage.

The director's job was to make sure that the younger children didn't overwork themselves.

I gave Liu Ziyi the job of making sure that we had enough resources to live on for another ten years. As for the adults that were Master's teammates, I gave them jobs that they had heavier responsibilities. For example, zombies clearing task forces, resources gathering forces, and wall watchers teams. 

Surely but slowly, the newest batch of adults started to see the orphanage as their new home.

Their sense of belonging started to accumulate slowly, but it was sooner rather than later. None of the new batches of adults had the thought to go out to live in one of the houses nearby that had already been cleared off.  They knew that inside this orphanage were far safer than out there by themselves.

And just like that, they, too joined in as real-family members of the orphanage, and before they knew it, they started nicknaming the other original orphans' kids with small doting smiles on their faces.

1