Chapter 11 – The new Home
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aunt Beatrice was not actually related in any way to the Heller family.

Sebastian was told to call her aunt because their mother, Eliz Heller shared a close bond with Beatrice. They lived in the same neighborhood in Kald village, doing chores together. The two were close friends that they thought of each other as their sisters.

Beatrice later married a man who she met while traveling. Later she had to move away with her husband to the capital, where they opened a bakery shop.

She felt quite bad for moving away from the village leaving her best friend behind. Although, Eliz encouraged her to move to the capital with her husband. As it was once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire citizenship in the capital.

The royal capital of Rublor Kingdom was a huge city.
The city was divided into five sectors.

The first sector was the imperial palace where the royal family lived. Their palace was situated on a huge tall rock situated in the center of the city. The palace was built with mysterious white marble that shined brightly during the summer. The reflection from the palace was so bright that it would even lit up the place where the rock cast its shadow over the city. Although, during winter and spring, the palace would be covered with clouds most of the time.

Just next to the tall rock of the imperial palace is located 5 towers as tall as the imperial palace from the ground below. These 5 towers are the only means to access through the imperial palace. Each tower is protected by a Paladin ranked knight. These knights are powerful mages with a legendary class enchanted relic, crafted by ancient mages. The area around the five towers is called the guardian outpost, which was the second sector.

Just near the footsteps of the towers was situated the Brochnello castle, where the high ranking magic knight order’s base of operations take place. This castle resides in the border of the Guardian outpost sector and the Noble district.

Then the third sector in the region next to guardian post is the Noble district.
Here, all the nobility family resides. There are mansions and gardens all around the place where eyes can see. Most of the high ranking magic knights of noble heritage live in this region. No commoners can trespass in this region without permission.

After the noble district, there’s a wall guarded by the military. These separate the noble district from the civilian district.

The civilian district is where the citizens of Abros city reside.
The houses are a little cramped up next to each other. But nevertheless, you would surely live a nice and peaceful life here. That’s because the government covers all your expenses from food, clothing to schooling. Once you become a citizen, you don’t even need to work.

But citizenship is given only in certain circumstances, that is-

‘If anyone that is the citizen of Rublor kingdom, whose not of noble heritage shows the potential to manipulate mana in any way, can get citizenship for his entire family. Although, that particular person has to pledge loyalty to the military and its cause.’

Hence, all the citizens that live in this district have or had a family member serving the military.

The last and exterior region is the peasant district.
Now, this is the place where all the markets and merchants conduct their business.
A lot of travelers and merchants come to sell their commodities in this sector. They can’t sell anywhere else other than the peasant district. Also, all the basic necessity shops for the Abros citizens are kept here. From foods to clothing, to art and merchandise, you name it, they have it.

Although, only selected people are allowed to have permanent shops in this sector.
The rest of the merchants and shopkeepers have to leave the market after a given time. This is to give other merchants an equal chance to conduct business, giving everyone a fair and equal opportunity.

One of the permanent shops happened to be Aunt Beatrice’s Bakery.
They have been making a living while selling their baked foods in this city for the past 10 years. The shop is basically their home.

After walking for some time through the crowded city, they finally reached their new home.

“Here’s your new home,” announced Aunt Beatrice with a lovely smile.

The Heller trio especially, Martha and Ivan were more surprised to see their new home.
There in front of them stood a two-storey house made of fine lumber. It had a board with the shop’s name ‘Magpie’s Bakery’ inscribed on it. Magpie happens to be Aunt Beatrice’s last name that she took after her marriage.

The house especially looked more like a cafe than an actual shop. It had dining tables set outside their shop and currently, there were customers enjoying their coffee with pastries.

Martha seemed to like her new home as she had this shining glimmer in her eyes. Little Martha was fascinated by the idea to own a cafe, which was her little dream that she never told anyone, not even her brothers.

Meanwhile, Ivan was more infatuated by seeing the cakes and cookies on the customers’ plate.

“Your shop is really lovely, Aunty” complimented Sebastian.

“Oh thank you. It was first just a bakery at first, but then my mister had an idea to open a cafe. Now we are busier than ever. Haha.” replied Beatrice with a smile.

Martha glanced at the lovely cafe,
“Is this really where you live? Is it alright for us to stay here?” she asked excitedly.

“Yes, we do.” replied Aunt Beatrice proudly, “So did you like it?”

Martha suddenly realized her excitement could be heard in her voice,
“Uh... I guess, it’s okay,” she replied in a hushed tone.

“What’s that you don’t like it? You wanna live somewhere else, huh?” asked Beatrice, making a glum face.

Martha panicked,
“No! I didn’t say that.”

“But did you like it or not?” pestered Beatrice.

Martha hid behind Sebastian,
“Jeez! I liked it okay! There I said it.” she replied.

A big wide smile appeared on Aunt Beatrice’s face,
“That’s more like it! Kids should always convey their true feelings. Your brother was worried about you in the letters he wrote. He told me a lot of things about you Martha, like how you don’t have any friends and prefer to hide your feelings most of the time.”

Martha’s grin surfaced,
“What’s this big brother?” she asked while angrily glaring at Sebastian, “So this is what you've been writing about me, huh?”

Sebastian’s nervous grin also resurfaced as he looked the other way.

“Oh my, you have the same smile exactly like your brother. Hahaha!” laughed at Beatrice.

Martha was embarrassed and quickly fixed her smile.

Just when the whole melodrama was going on a man wearing an apron came out from the bakery shop. He had a bushy mustache and a balding head.
“Oh, you are back Beatrice. So who are these kids new customers…” his eyes fell on Sebastian who was carrying huge luggage, “Is he carrying a wagon on his back or what?”

Beatrice just ignored that man and turned towards the Heller trio,
“I want to meet you all to meet my good-for-nothing husband, Gerald. His mustache and balding head would give you an impression as if he’s quite a strict person but you don’t need to worry, he’s a rather pretty laid-back guy.” she then glared at her husband, “In fact so laid-back, that if it weren’t for me, our business would have been run to the ground. He acts so nice and friendly that some of the customers were mooching our food for free, thanks to his stupidity.”

The Heller trio just stood there silent without knowing how to react except Martha. She was nodding her head while agreeing with Aunt Beatrice,
‘Yup, men are pretty stupid creatures. This just proves it.’ as she thought.

But her husband was baffled,
“Could you stop making fun of me already, and introduce us to our young guests here?”

The Heller trio once again exchanged formal introductions and Beatrice’s husband gladly welcomed the trio in their home as a family. Uncle Gerald was a kind man and despite the fights between him and Aunt Beatrice, they both love each other. They even have a son named Ron who was just two years older than Ivan. The two became quick friends.

Beatrice put up a little tea party to celebrate to welcome the trio.
They offered their shop’s finest cupcakes, pastries, and cookies. Ivan, Ron, and Martha couldn’t wait to feast on the lovely treat.

“Hey, Sebastian, this tea leaves that your brought is really great! Where did you get those? It should really cost a fortune, I know so.” questioned Aunt Beatrice.

“Well, that’s a long story...”, Sebastian was in a hurry, “Aunty, I need to head to the Knight Exam register office, right away. Today’s the deadline for the participants to get register. So could you tell me where is it?”

Aunt Beatrice was surprised,
“Huh? You were serious about joining that exam? I thought you were just pulling my leg.”

Sebastian had told her that he would be joining the exam in his letters.

“Of course, I am joining. Already got approval from my master, Sir Knight Darian,” replied Sebastian proudly.

Aunt Beatrice went to her room and opened her drawer,
“Well, that office where the participant gather is around the corner. But I got something that might help you get your way around.”

Beatrice took a map from her drawer and handed it to Sebastian.

“Thanks a lot, Aunty.”

“Listen up first,” Aunt Beatrice point at a spot on the map, “This place is where our shop is. So the office that you are looking for should be right about here.”

“Thanks again, Aunty.”

“Be careful.”

Sebastian waved his hand and went off to the busy street.

0