Prologue
422 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 1508: The Great Pirate Era Year 8

WEST BLUE: Kano Country

Slums Near The Capital

 

In the slums, two men were talking while heading to work .

 

“I hope there won’t be any trouble today.”

“Yea… It’s been quite rough these past 8 years.”

“Tell me about it. Everyone has gone crazy and try to kill themselves by going to the Grand Line.”

“Atleast we don’t need to be afraid of pirates making a havoc since the Happo Navy is here.”

 

After the execution and the grand proclamation of the infamous Pirate King Gold Roger, the world went into an uproar. Many men with ambitions turned their eyes on the Grand Line and left to search for the legendary treasure, “ONE PIECE”.

 

This left many countries suffering from constant attack of pirates and even the Marines of the World Government where overwhelmed. The Blues also had an increase in pirate activity, but since the pirates ultimate goal was the Grand Line the Blues were much calmer.

 

“Oh, by the way, have you seen the Little Don today?”

“Hahaha, that brat is probably still sleeping!”

“Heh, I wonder what kind of a look he will have today!”

“That hair of his is one of the things everyone loves about him!”

“Maybe we should go see Little Don to brighten our bleak morning a little bit.”

“Hahaha, what a brilliant idea!”

 

At the biggest house in the slums, that was left abandoned over 15 years ago, a new resident claimed it as his own. The house was like a small castle and so the new owner eventually got himself the nickname “The Little Don of the Slums”. The 10 years old young boy starts his morning just like always… Trying to get out of the comforts of his bed… and failing.

 

“Ooi! Little Don! Wake up!” “It’s morning you brat!”

“Sh.. shad… up…” “OOOOIIII!! LITTLE DON!”

“SHAD UP!!!” “HAHAHA, HE IS AWAKE, HAHAHA!!!”

“WAHAHAHA!!!” “HEHEHEHE!!!” “HOHOHO!!!”

 

*SLAM!* Shoji door slams open and a small figure storms out to the courtyard.

 

“DAMN OLD BASTARDS CAN’T YOU LET ME SLEEP IN PEACE!”

“HAHAHA/WAHAHAHA/HEHEHEHE/HOHOHO!!!”

“WHAT’S SO DAMN FUNNY!!!”

“*wheeze* Little Don… pu…hehe… look in the mirror…!”

“WHAT!? IS SOMETHING WRONG!?”

 

The young boy looks at his reflection from the courtyards pond.

 

“PU… PUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I LOOK AMAZING, HAHAHAHAHA!!!!”

“HAHAHA/WAHAHAHA/HEHEHEHE/HOHOHO!!!”

“It was so worth it to come here, hahaha!”

“It’s the first time I’ve seen Little Don’s curly hair twisting to two different directions, hehehe!”

“HAHAHA, I HOPE MY HAIR STAYS LIKE THIS THE REST OF THE DAY, HAHAHA!!”

“True that, Little Don!” “Seconded!”

 

After a while of laughing the elder decided that it was enough.

 

*CLAP CLAP* “Hohoho, well then folks we had our precious morning uplift. So, shall we get back to work.”

“”“Aww…”””

“Hoho, don’t get dispirited. We all know that our wild Little Don will likely run around looking for something to do so we will have plenty of chances to see him again. Now shall we go?”

“”“Yeeess…”””

 

After a while of laughing and fooling around with his fluffy hair the boy decided that it was time to start his morning routine.

“Aahh… what a good morning. Even though a bit too loud of a wake up. I guess I should eat breakfast before having more fun.”

 

This is a story about the adventures of a boy…

 

“Hey mom!” “Yes dear?”

“Why is everyone calling Little Don, Little Don? Is it really his name?”

“Well let me tell you a story of five years ago…”

 

With fluffy curly brown hair, almond shaped brown eyes and a skin almost as pale as snow…

 

“At the beginning Little Don was know as the Child Ghost”

“Is it because he is so pale?”

“Yes, and also because when he arrived here, he looked like a drowned corpse”

 

Who ran away from home to seek a place to die…

 

“Little Don was saved by the elders of the slum and they took care of him for a month. He told them what his name was, but it was too long to remember. After recovering he decided to not be a burden and moved in an abandoned nobles residence.”

“Is that the house Little Don lives in?”

“Yes… it looked much worse at the time.”

 

He failed time and time again…

 

“After moving in he lived there quietly for some time. He looked sad and rarely people saw him and mostly noticed his silhouette. That was why he was at the time known as the Child Ghost.

 

And realized that no matter how many times he tried… he couldn’t kill himself.

 

“But one day he didn’t look sad anymore and he climbed on top of the residence that overlook the slums and shouted for all to hear. ‘My name is Dravde and I will live a free life!’”

“But mom you said that his name was too long?!”

“I heard that he decided to use the weirdest part of his name as the starting letter for his new name.”

 

He chose to let go of his past and decided that he would live in the moment.

 

“He always acts like he is on top of the world, even though his body is really weak.”

“Yea! He really is cool! He does so many fun and amazing things!”

“Little Don may live selfishly but it is not bad at all. He is quite smart, and we all benefit from his clever tricks.”

“Like what?”

 

He decided that it would be better to do what he wanted and live without regrets.

 

“You probably don’t remember this since you were just 1 year old. One day Little Don got mad because he had to always walk so long to get spring water for cooking. He decided to pester the useless folk around here to help him figure out how he wouldn’t need to even step outside his house to get some spring water.”

 

He will do whatever he wants, and nobody can stop him.

 

“He always asks unreasonable things like a little lord, but the end results are always something that everyone can use. That is why it is easy to get water nowadays.”

“AMAZING(SUGOI)!”

“And do you know why nobody can stay mad at him from dragging them around?”

“The smile!”

“Yes, that beautiful smile of pure happiness when he succeeds melts all the pain and sorrow away from others.”

“And so, out of respect the people started calling him Little Don.”

 

With a smile on his face he will go towards his future adventures.

“Heh, well then. What shall I do today?” *GRIN*

 

Hello World!

I'm Dravde and this is my first time writing a fanfic... or anything outside of school work to be exact (if random twitter story posts are not counted). I suck at naming things since it always takes a few hours to name one thing so if I ever decide to write more fics or anything then you will see some familiar names. This is not a self insert story, but since I suck at naming I just decided to call all the MC's that I will write as Dravde.

Hopefully this wasn't a one chapter motivational wonder and that I can keep on struggling to write. Just so that everyone knows... My worst subject in school has always been the writing classes... Yeeaaah... HELP! Feedback is always welcome.

Well I've probably said enough. Hope you enjoyed the Prologue and happy reading to all!

("happy reading to all" WTF did I just...)

 

5