Chapter 10: Departure
172 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 1522: The Great Pirate Era Year 22

WEST BLUE: Kano Country

Docks

 

“Oh? Going on travelling again? Where are you going this time?”

Stall owner asks me while giving me my usual purchase of consumables for long distance travels.

“Oh, I’m just going to the Grand Line.” I answer casually.

“Oh, just the Grand Line. Well just be careful out there.”

“Will do. Bye~” I wave my hand and walk towards my ship.

 

“… Wait. Did he just say THE Grand Line?” The shopkeeper mutters.

“…FUCK! I need to tell everyone!” The shopkeeper starts to panic.

He starts running around the town shouting to everyone.

“This is bad! Little Don is heading to the Grand Line!”

 

-

 

“Well, well. You have prepared quite a lot this time, your highness.”

Jim says while hopping on board the ship.

“Well, my dear jester. This king, in his fickle mood, has decided to go forth on a journey of Grand proportions.”

I emphasize the word Grand while opening my arms as if I was welcoming the whole world into my embrace.

 

“Well, my lord certainly has quite the interesting plans. This amount of prepared items are surely for quite the voyage.”

I keep carrying my items into the ships cargo hold as Jim starts to look around.

“For a mere jester to just laze about while his lord works. I shall have thy head if thou does not start moving thy hands.”

I hint at Jim to either help or fuck off.

“As thy command, my lord.”

 

-

 

“I guess that is everything…” I do another quick just to be sure.

“Heeeeyyy, Little Don!!!” A sudden commotion has started outside the ship.

I get on the deck to see what the commotion is all about and see a huge number of angry people.

What the hell did I do!? Why is there a huge angry mob just outside my ship!?

 

“DAMMIT Little Don! What is the big deal!?” One of the dock workers shout at me.

“What!? You tell me!? What did I do to get a lynch mob to be after me!?”

I shout back in panic when I see the number of people with all sorts of things with them.

“Why didn’t you tell us that you were leaving for the Grand Line!?”

“Do you have any idea how worried we were when we suddenly heard that you are leaving!?”

“Do you have any idea how dangerous the Grand Line is? It is called the Pirate Graveyard for a reason!”

 

I blink in surprise as people one after another start complaining to me about my on the spur of the moment decision to go on an adventure.

“Are you even properly prepared to leave to the Grand Line? Here! I prepared a barrel of fruits for you!”

The fruit stall owner suddenly throws a barrel on board.

“And here are some daily necessities!” This time it’s the general store gramps who had someone throw the items on board.

Suddenly the commotion gets worse and everyone just starts throwing things on board.

 

I start dodging as numerous crates and tools of different sizes are thrown on the deck.

“DAMMIT! ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO SINK MY SHIP BEFORE I EVEN LEAVE!?”

I yell at the crowd, but they aren’t even listening.

I quickly run into the cabin and climb to the control room.

 

These damn idiots. If they are trying to throw in all the items that I saw on the docks, then this damn ship is gonna sink!

I need to quickly raise the anchor and set sail!

*Beep Beep* I start pressing the control buttons in quick succession while looking at the ever-increasing pile of items with a cold sweat.

I get the ship to start moving and run back to the deck.

 

“I’m leaving, you bunch of crazies!” I yell while raising my fist at the crowd who are still trying to throw items at me.

“Be safe, you rascal!” “You are always welcome back!” “Be safe out there!” “””“WE WILL MISS YOU!!!”””

The people in the crowd start shouting their goodbyes one after another.

 

Tears start to form in my eyes, and I use my Will to amplify my voice.

“I WILL MISS YOU GUYS TOO!!!!!!”

I wave my hands at everyone who came to see me off and let the tears flow freely.

 

And so, my adventure begins.

My first destination. The Reverse Mountain!

The entrance to the Grand Line!

 

-

 

After a few weeks of traveling and some stops in the familiar islands, I’m finally getting near the Red Line that divides the world.

The Red Line and Reverse Mountain should be about a few days of travel time away.

I guess I could just leave the ship to it’s own devices and start sorting out all the numerous items I’ve gotten from Kano and the other islands on the way.

I just threw everything into the cargo hold in a hurry after all.

 

I guess I should use that technique to help me sort out things.

Life Return (Seimei Kikan): Gods Hands.

My hair starts to grow longer and forms four helping hands.

With these extra pairs of hands, I can carry and sort everything much faster.

 

After learning to control my body in various ways, I learned this technique.

Now I have an extremely high control over my bodily functions.

Not only am I able to accelerate my healing using nutrients but I can even finely control my hair as if they were my limbs.

Life has gotten much easier with this and I’ve solved my nutrient gain and toilet problem!

 

-

 

*Yawn* What a nice nap.

After all that sorting, I decided to take a nap on the deck while enjoying the warmth of the sun.

Now then… where are we right now? I glance around.

 

… I see absolutely nothing…

No… I don’t even hear the wind…

The sky is clear and there are no waves…

FUCK. I’ve strayed to the Calm Belt!

 

Did some current alter my course while I was sorting things out and I didn’t notice?

Shit! How am I going to get out of here!?

Should I use cola engine to paddle out of here?

Let’s try to boost out first before wasting my precious drinks/fuel.

 

Thankfully I’ve progressed well with my Will training.

I’m able to store a charge of willpower into items.

The amount of willpower I can attach to an item depends on the quality and size of the item.

Thanks to this trick, I can finally fly properly, even if it only lasts as long as the charges in my cloak.

 

Well then. Without further ado.

Activate. Ship Boost!

*Splash* The ship suddenly gains momentum and starts to speed forward…

Forward? FUCK! I need to steer this thing to turn back to where I came and not further into Calm Belt!

 

I stumble into the control room and turn the helm in hopes to turn the ship around.

I get the ship to finally turn but that also made me waste most of the momentum gained by the boost.

I need to use another boost. What a waste. I only put 3 boosts on the ship and 3 floats.

“Uh oh.” I feel a few presences rising up from below.

 

*SPLASH!* With a huge splash, three Sea Kings rise from the water and stare down at my ship.

“What is this puny human doing in our home?”

“Must be another idiot who got accidentally stuck here.

“How shall we eat him?”

 

The Sea Kings start talking to each other while looking at me.

More importantly. I can understand fish?

Or are Sea Kings something else?

After all, I’ve yet to hear any other ocean creature to speak with me.

 

Maybe I don’t hear them because they are underwater?

Never mind that. I should try to talk to them.

“Excuse me! Can you help me!?” I amp up my voice so that the Sea Kings can hear me.

“… Is that human trying to talk to us?”

 

The Sea Kings pause and look at me as if I’m a rare animal.

Well I guess not many people start to talk with them for the obvious reason of not being able to understand them.

And when meeting a Sea King, the usual reactions are to run for your lives or either fight to the death.

“Yes! I’m talking to you big guy!”

 

“Sorry for coming to your home. I just took a nap and found out that I had accidentally drifted here.”

“Does this human think he can speak with us if he can’t even understand us?”

“I think there is something wrong with its head.”

“Is it safe to eat him?”

 

The Sea Kings start talking to each other again. I guess they think I can’t understand them.

“First of all. I can understand what you are saying. And second. How about you stop thinking about eating me?”

I point out to the Sea Kings and they became baffled.

“How can you understand us? Normally you humans don’t understand us and always bring trouble.”

 

“Well I learned this trick that helps me understand what intelligent creatures say.”

Let’s not call them animals, just in case.

“Thanks to this I’m able to understand you and you are smart enough to understand me anyway.”

“Human has a point. We are smart.”

“I eat a lot of brain food to be this smart.” The glutton Sea King says proudly.

 

I hope he doesn’t mean literal brains. I shudder from the image.

“You seem to be a good human, but we need you to leave. This is our home and most of us don’t like you humans.”

“Well, I’m working on it, but it may take a while.”

“Human, rest of our brethren are coming to they surface to play today. You will get crushed or eaten.”

 

Well shit. This isn’t good. I don’t want to fail before I even get to the Grand Line.

I have no idea if I can even make it out fast enough even after exhausting all the saved-up boosts and my own willpower.

“Hey, can you help me a bit and push me to the edge of your home?”

“I’m heading towards the Reverse Mountain to enter the Grand Line and it shouldn’t be that far.”

 

The Sea Kings look at each other.

“Do you know the way?”

“I’ve been near there a few times. Shouldn’t be far.”

“I’ll stay here and eat.”

 

- A Few Minutes Later –

 

“It’s been decided that I’ll help you get back since I know the way.”

“Thank you very much for your help.”

“Don’t worry about it. It was quite interesting to meet a human who can understand us.”

“I’ll go below your ship and lift you on top of me so that it would be easier to move you. Now let’s be off so that I can be back on time.”

 

Hello World.

I'm back and am hungry. I should've eaten already but I just had to finish writing this.

Still feeling down but I'm working on it. Also very tired. Sleep schedule went to shit because of my mood. Well I got this chapter done so all is good.

Did anyone notice a nice hint about something from the main story that I left there? Well it's actually nothing important but it just tells you what exactly is happening to the Straw Hats right about now.

Till next chapter. Happy readings and buh byee~

8