Chapter 8: Tragedy (3/3) “It is time!”
30 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jason (Child days) goes back to his mother filled with joy, his mother was shedding tears because of sadness, but when she saw Jason was smiling, she laughed and hugged Jason.

His mother said "Why are you happy?"

Jason said "I met a guy, he was really cool, I want to be like him."

"What is he?" His mother asked.

"He was very strong! He has an armor an a sword! He said that he was going to an adventure! Can I be an adventurer?"

His mother chuckled and said "Of course you can, do what you really love, don't let someone pull you down.... But when you're going to an adventure, can you prove me something I believe?"

"What is it?"

His mother whispered "I saw spirits that was going on the same direction making a pack, there were a leader of the ghost who is different from the most, they must be finding a new shelter. Can you prove that I'm right? Bit don't push yourself if you don't, the best is to keep yourself safe."

Back in the present day, Jason was getting exhausted and lay down Harkur and take a deep breath. Jason's leg was getting worst.

Harkur said "Don't worry, we can make it, there must be a village or kingdom nearby, I can see there's a structure there, we can get there."

"Don't mind my condition, I am used to it, you you must take a rest." Jason said as he take off his shirt and tear it to use as a cover to the bleeding.

Harkur tried to stand, he was able to stand but aching body keeps him down. Harkur forced his body to stand.

"No! Don't do that, I'll carry you."

"No, I'll carry you. You're a Wielder of that weapon, you're more valuable than me."

 "Instead of carrying me, why don't we take a break till we're okay."

"Sound good to me."

Harkur rest his back from the wall why standing while Jason was sitting while he treat his wounded leg, he wasn't groaning in pain.

Harkur looked at Jason an said "Hey, why don't we talk while taking a rest."

Jason replied "Sure, go ahead."

Harkur starts the conversation.

"I dreamed once to be soldier when in was little."

"Why?"

"I want to protect my village and my only friend, May. But after seeing you, a Hero like the one that I saw before."

"Do you know his name?"

"No, but that smile, reminds me that one true is not just about fighting for good, but to find a way to turn enemy to an ally. When the time I hold that sword, it has the same feeling as the sword that I touched when I was still young."

"But why becoming an adventurer? I thought you said you want to be a soldier."

"I was, but when May said that "Do what you really loved." I trained my self of becoming an adventurer and pledge.

"And what is it?"

"Protect everyone with all my heart."

"That's great."

Jason wasn't making any expression, just a pale expression without any signs of emotions.

"How about you, Jason?"

"Well, nothing."

"Come on, tell me!"

"Well.... I was a cursed child..."

"That was very weird."

"My parents weren't by my side, they mostly argue, even if we're rich, money doesn't make me happy, everyday when I go outside, kids and people try to kill me or throw some rocks at me. But that didn't pull me away, my parents sure is not very close, but my mother wasn't that bad, she's just want to be alone, she mostly like me to be at her side, she told me stories. My grandparents are so rich that they were...."

"The were?"

"Nothing, don't mind about it."

"Okay-!!!"

A strong treble coming from above that cause the rocks to shake and fall.

"We're going to be hurried here alive! We must go!" Harkur due to adrenaline, he stands straight and didn't feel the pain.

"You go ahead, take this word with you!"

"I'm not leaving with some people behind!"

From above, there were meteorites falling, soldiers charging and arrows flying, there were dragons who's also at the side of the soldiers, they were charging at the same direction.

"Don't worry Jason, we're almost there."

"Don't mind me, I can still run, but what's happening to the sword?"

The sword's orange metal parts are starting to glow very bright as they get close one something.

"That must be a sign that we're close! Just few steps, I think."

A meteorite fall and hit the ground, the ground trembles and made a diagonal hole. The hole was made straight down where the level of Harkur and Jason is.

"What's happening?!"

The rocks began to fall, monsters are starting to appear because of being disturbed by the shake.

"No time for death!"

Jason charged towards the monsters and swing his sword, his orange eye started glowing more hotter and brighter, his movements gone faster and stronger.

Harkur shouted "Jason! Sword!"

Harkur's sword was broken, Jason throw the sword.

"What the!" Harkur was surprised when an orange roots started to appear from his body, he became strong and fast.

With the two of them helping each other with both weapon and hand and hand combat, they were very strong.

Their heart beats are faster and deeper, Jason was able to predict an incoming attacks, Harkur was able to sense an incoming attack.

"Just hold on Jason."

"Don't mind me and keep fighting! We can make it I know we can!"

Wizard with dark smoke and wearing a black robe cast a giant meteorite.

"No soldiers will will my power!"

When the time the giant meteorite was close from the ground, a glowing white arrow struck the meteorite that cause it to be fall in smaller parts (but not very small), the biggest part of the meteor fall from an open area that shake the underground.

The shake causes a ray of light where the two is.

"There! Jason! I found an exit!"

They run as fast as they could, the huge rocks from above starts to fall.

"Were getting close!"

A huge rock was going to fall from Harkur, Jason charged toward the rock while he was still strong any carry the rock before it blocks the path.

"Jason, you need to go! I will do it! I'm strong!"

"No! You go! You won't last long and the rocks from above will also fall after this fall."

There were other rocks that was stuck from above of the rock that Jason carried. One must leave to stop the rock and one must go. They can't go together or rocks will fall and they will be buried alive.

0