The Beginning
163 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Gregory Williams, but my parents like to call me Greg.

I don’t remember what was the trigger. All I know is that ever since I can remember, I’ve always yearned to "write in my diary". Perhaps it was that saying "love at first sight"?

Actually, it doesn’t really matter. As long as I had my diary it didn’t matter what had happened around me. But no, my classmates thoughts were different. What I love about in writing in my diary was different for them. Because the passion I had towards the diary was just a book which held secrets for them. Actually maybe my book is a journal, but I like to call it a diary.

My love towards the diary was something much deeper and cannot be described from the depths of my heart. One day, the classmate invited me to go to arcade with them, it was this moment that I thought "This is it, I'm gonna have a friend like my parents wanted".

We arrived at the arcade, and there were several other classmates included, did I forget to mention that the classmate who invited me was the class president? Anyways, the others played arcade games while I watched them....writing in my diary. 

"Hey, what's that?" The one who asked was....I actually forgot his name anyhow, he was the so-called delinquent guy with piercings and blonde hair. He was also wearing a uniform, and was a member of a delinquent group called [Red Ogre], which was active around this high school. 
"It's my diary" I responded. It was at this moment I knew I had made a mistake. The delinquent guy brought his friends over and started bullying me harshly calling me a little-girl who didn't know how to fight back, he said I was a shame of a man. This continued over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over for about a month or so.

But as time passed and I became even more aware of my surroundings, unease pressed upon me, I didn't knew how long my parents could take it anymore, they always saw me covered with bruises. My parents have low paying jobs and just having to switch schools would be quite expensive. You'd think I would be begging my parents so that I could switch school but no, the notion of me switching schools came from my mother actually, but despite that allleged suggestion, no one would actually take action to do it. Besides, it didn't really matter what happened to me, as long as my diary was safe, as long as it was there unharmed right beside me.

Just as usual, I got beat up and a sharp knee kicked me directly in the face. Blood was streaming from my nose, and my face even with all the pain, maintained calm. I still held my diary near my chest, breathing heavily while my eyes faced the ground.

"Hey look, the kid's ain't even crying, what's wrong with him boss" The delinquent said.

"Don't mind him, just take his money" The leader said. The leader took a long look at me and then said "Take the book too". The delinquent proceeded to move and take the orders of his leader. 
"Ha" I suddenly laughed and the delinquent was dazed at my expression which at that moment I was at my most pitiful moment.

"You can take my dignity, you can hurt me, you can even make my parents feel bad for me, but please don't....take my diary"

The people around me laughed but then the leader raised his right hand, telling all the delinquents to become quiet.

"Hey, hey, hey! Piece of shit, you think you can order me around"

"N-no, that's not what I m-meant, I-I" My throat suddenly got grabbed by the leader. 

"No. one. orders me around" My head gets slammed to the floor, the last thing I saw was the leader's angered expression, and my diary, slowly fading away from my vision.

"My diary..." I lost consciousness.

"Let's skiddadle boys, we got some moolah (money) to spend, hehehehe" The leader said and all the delinquents in the group had the left the area, leaving me alone.

  • A few hours later.....

My eyes opened, and I saw a white ceiling, I was in the nurses office. My thoughts came to the conclusion that I had to do everything in my power to get my diary back. "I will get my diary back" I mumbled to myself. 

The nurse was suddenly called by the principal, I knew that this was my moment, while I running through the exit, my eyes landed on a syringe and a poison located in the cabinets.

  • It had to be done.

"AWWWWWWW MAN! I lost the damn game!" The leader said furiously.

"Don't worry boss, we'll get them back for ya" said one of the members. The leader suprisingly hit the member in the face with his fist, leaving the member with a bloody nose.

"Don't be an idiot, it was a fair game alright" The leader said waving his hand while going to the restroom to wash hands. From there the leader saw a strange man wearing strange clothes, his height was small, similar to a certain someone he knows, but he doubted that he'd have the guts to it.

The leader finished washing hands and wanted to wipe em off with his hankerchief, but his hands found something else instead, a boy's certain black book of a diary. He placed it, beside the sink and that's the moment when his eyes saw a hand suddenly reaching for the book. It was the strange man wearing strange clothes, he grabbed his hand then when his right hand was going to tear off his mask, he felt a strong pain at his right arm.

The leader was shocked, his right arm was stabbed with a syringe. "FUCK!" The leader quickly used his left hand to pull the strange man and he used his right knee to kick him the stomach. The leader then proceeded to use his left arm to take out the syringe, and the blood oozed out of his wound, while the leader was preoccupied with his wound, he was late to realize that the strange man seized the chance to steal the book and run away.

"Shit! HELPP!" The leader screamed, and his mind started getting hazy. "What the fuck was in that syringe" he mumbled to himself, while going out of the restroom. 
"We're here boss! Boss?" The leader had already collapsed and one of the members checked his pulse.
"He's not breathing" The member said.
"CALL AN AMBULANCE!"

  • Meanwhile in Greg's perspective.

"I had no choice, you forced me to do this, you shouldn't have taken my diary" I mumbled to myself. I continued to run away and I find a secluded location, a moment to take a breather. I then proceeded to write in my diary.

Dear Diary,

I was bullied again and they stole my money again, but today was different, they stole my diary, they stole you from me. I had no choice but to attack him. I had no choice. I arrived at the arcade and hid myself in the restroom stall and waiting for the right moment to steal you away from him. But...everything went wrong, I had to use the syringe filled with poison. He's probably already a goner. But it doesn't matter to me, because all that matters is that I have my diary and me living to see another day.

I stopped writing in my diary, and my face was filled with joy. I hadn't noticed but it was already nightime, my parents must be worried over me, well not that I care either way. But, while I was walking back home I was met with an unfortunate accident, 

It was so fast, I just couldn't react in time, the car collided with my body, it hurts....a lot, this was the first time my face was filled with anguish, because I knew....I wouldn't survive this, I knew that the future moments I would look forward to with my diary was simply but an unreachable dream now. My vision was slowly fading and the man who drove the car slowly approached me.

  • A long slumber, and a crest hidden in your vision. Must the petals not fear death, and just observe your untimely demise....

Amidst the luscious forest, there laid a young man wearing strange clothes (school clothes). Butterflies, catterpillars, ants, more than the eyes can see were moving around the young man. A black book was being usurped by a group of insects and bugs, while the quill pen remained untouched by the insects surrounding it. It was at that moment, the young man opened his eyes.

"W-what where am I?" The man stood upright and checked everything around him, above, behind him, he even checked the contents below a rock, the number of insects crawling there will not be spoken as it is dangerous for the heart. 

"I'm, I'm, I'm in another world" Gregory William concluded. It was quite obvious as the insects he saw, was by no means normal, have you ever seen a little giraffe which had wings similar to a fly? Greg wanted to call them a name, but there was still one important matter.

"My Diary!" Greg quickly swatted away the insects which had desecrated his prized diary. Greg was so caught up with joy, he had kissed the living daylights of the black leather diary. Greg regretted that, as his lips tasted like soil and smelled like the piss of insects.

"But still....that's odd, where's my pen?" Greg had a black ink pen which he always carried around with him, but oddly enough it wasn't there but was replaced, with what he was assuming was...."A quill pen?". Greg grabbed the mysterious quill pen with his right hand, and felt nothing strange, he then decided to calm down and relax and decided to sit over a tree stump and write in his diary.

Dear Diary,

I woke up in a strange forest, filled with many strange creatures, for example there's a Little Giraffe with the wings of a fly, I'll call them Pesraffs (Pesky Giraffe), cause they're really annoying and even ruin my alone time writing my diary. On the side note, I'm writing this with not my black ink pen but a QUILL PEN, I heard it requires a jar of black ink, but oddly enough it seems the ink in this doesn't run out....could this be related to magic objects? 

I decided to stop my journal entry or was it diary entry? Anyhow, I need to secure food and water and I felt I needed to do it quick or else something bad is going to happen in nighttime.

10