Problems Backing Me Into A Wall!
57 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Jesus Christ, what am I gonna do?" I mumbled to myself.

After Christel left me, I heard a lot of noise coming from inside the mansion itself, my instincts were telling me if I ran away now I would be making a big mistake, so I leisurely entered the building and a whole lot of ruckus was happening...

"Have you trim the garden!?" An old woman said.

"Oh I'm sorry let me handle that" A maid said.

"Where are the royal entertainment?!" An old woman said.

"I'm sorry, there seems to be a delay due to some ban-"

"Use whatever means necessary...and you!" An old woman pointed to me.

"Me? What about me?" I said suprised.

"Well don't waste my time! What are you in here for?" The old woman stared angrily at me.
"Ah I see, she's mistaking me for coming here for a job of some sorts, I need to explain" I thought.

"I'm Gregory Williams, I'm just a guest here so..." I placed a hand over my head as I said this.

"Oh! It's you, you two help this man to his room" As the old woman pointed to two maids and brought them over.

"I'm Hilda, please follow these two, well I best be going now" The old woman bowed and quickly left.

"But..." I knew I couldn't catch up to her anymore....I was going to ask her where to find Emily, but I guess that'll have to wait.

The two maids greeted me with a smile and introduced themselves briefly, as they continued chatting albeitly ignoring me when I asked where Ms. Emily was, which I didn't mind as we had finally arrived at my room.

'That honestly took a long time, how many minutes had I been walking?' I thought, as only now I realized how big of a mansion it was, that even forced me to go up a huge staircase.

"Well we best be going now" The 1st maid said.

"Yes, we will have dinner in 5, we'll send a maid to remind you of course, also please don't forget to clean yourself and have a quick nap, " The 2nd maid said sternly.

"Yes, you wouldn't want to be disrespectful now do you? Oh how rude I am, it's quite obvious your a noble, you have a last name and all" The 1st maid realized.

"Hahaha, yeah" I said, trying to hide the fact I'm lying.

After the maids left, I was left alone in my room, which was furnished with blue walls, a large bed which can fit even 4 people, not that there would be any good reason for that to happen.

"To be honest it's been quite hectic lately, being threatened a pink haired maid, and being made to walk a hundred steps!" I knew I was exaggerating a lot about the last part, but I just couldn't hold back my frustration in spite of my usual calm demeanor.

"I'm being more sociable than I thought..." I mumbled.

I quickly sat on the bed and practically let my whole body be enveloped in the soft thick blanket, which makes me feel like I'm living like a king, in spite of the reasurring treatment they have laid upon me I have bigger things to think about.

For now I have to think of a plan in regards to Christel, the pink haired maid. I could possibly run away, but I think there are far more stronger people in their side which I couldn't possibly imagine, it would be practically God's mercy if I get away with an arm chopped off, although I wouldn't like that to happen.

For now, I'll forget about it, I can't necessarily prove myself to be completely incapable of being a spy, I mean with my knowledge in my previous world I think I can handle a lot of situations well as long as it's in my capability, which reminds me....

As I lifted myself, straight up I placed my hand inside my grey overcoat to get a certain object. 

"My diary and some quill pen" As I stared longingly at the mysterious quill pen as if it could fascinate me even more on what it's capable of.

From what I could understand, as long as I hold unto the quill pen, I can summon some kinda illusion. I decided to use my time to test out the quill pen, hoping to myself that perhaps it could probably save me from this situation with Christel and her suspicions against me.

So I summoned an illusion of the Snow Wolf I encountered, and as I tried to touch my hand felt some kinda hairy sensation...
"Hm? I thought, these illusions were untouchable" It was very strange, so I decided to change a different approach and tried to punch it...

"What the?" My hand went through the Snow Wolf, I then repeated three more experiments and I discovered that, the illusion has some kinda "outer layer" which allows it to be touchable however if a strong enough force is exerted upon the outer layer, the force will practically go through the illusion. This explains why the Pesraffs' illusion went throug that man's hand, because that man was practically swinging his hands around with enough force to make the outer layer obsolete.

  • An illusion has an outer layer which allows it to be touched, however if a strong enough force is exerted upon the outer layer, the outer layer will deactivate allowing the force itself to pass through.

After knowing, I then tried summoning different types of illusions, first I tried a wooden chair, then I thought of adding a table with it, however, after thinking intensely about the wooden table, the wooden chair dissapeared, I thought of breaking the chair into two parts, but only the top part remained based on this...

  • An illusion can only be made once, making more than one will make the previous one to be erased, this also applies when the illusion is broken into two parts, as the part which is majorly thought of will remain causing the minor part to be erased.

I then tried making an illusion of a gun, however that didn't work, I thought of my mother and she appeared.

"Hello Greg, breakfast is ready" my mother smiled at me.

I thought of my dad,

"Greg, how was school?" my father smiled. It made me feel nostalgic, remembering the time I had with my parents, although they weren't the best, they tried in such a harsh world such as that...

I realized I was losing focus and slapped myself to focus on the experiment. I then tried thinking of a car, but that didn't work, I thought it had something to do with it being advanced technology, so I thought of a sundial1an instrument showing the time by the shadow of a pointer cast by the sun on to a plate marked with the hours of the day., which we discussed in class, that didn't work too. I then tried making different illusions inaminate objects like a watch would work but socks wouldn't, living things like rabbits would work but snakes wouldn't, some would work, some would not, and no matter how I thought of it.....none of them have something linking them with one another, but...I knew there was something more, however I decided to leave it like that....

  • Some illusions can be made, some cannot be made, the certain condition for this is unknown.

Now there could be a certain limit on how large an illusion could be however, I can't do that here, if I do... I fear that the illusion might go through the walls, the floor or even break the floor itself, thus causing panic to everyone. In regards to time limit, I only have a few minutes left to prepare, so that'll have to wait.

Now that I know all this, I've decided to spend the rest of my time writing in my diary, and my eyes were practically shining brightly, as I longed to have this quiet time.

Dear Diary,
2nd Day: Afternoon-Evening

Although our time to part wasn't very long, it felt like an eternity to me, as countless troubles have surfaced in order to meddle with us. I've met the escorts of Princess Emily Sovia, there had been reports of espionage activities so a certain pink haired maid had high suspicions against me. 

It didn't help at all that I had no background and I lied a lot of things with the aid of Emily nonetheless. I'm backed in a wall where I only have two choices presented by the maid. Prove to be innocent or die without mercy. Although this bothers me quite heavily, I knew this was coming when I was coming in contact with royalty and it's domain... I just didn't expect it to happen when we first met! On the side note, I discovered a few things with the mysterious quill I have in possession, namely that the illusion dissapears when I lose contact with the quill pen, only certain illusions can appear with an unknown condition, and only one illusion can be made. I hope I survive, because if I don't....I won't live to see the day where I would be able to write on you once more.

Diary Entry End.

I closed my diary, and proceeded to close my eyes as my conciousness drifted to sleep. 

1