Weird Sense of Vertigo
47 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Vertigo is a sensation of feeling off balance

*knock* *knock* *knock*

My short nap was interrupted by the knock of a door, as I breathe in the air, my mind felt invigorated in order to get past this troublesome request of the pink haired maid.

As I was getting out of bed while preparing myself before opening the door, the door suddenly opened.

'Rude much are we?'

I was still in the middle of putting on my socks so I couldn't do much to pay attention to them, I'm sure they would understand anyways.

I saw a green haired maid waving their hands back at me with a smile.

"Julie was it?" I mumbled.

"I'd be more suprised if you didn't remember since it was only hours ago" said Julie as she entered walking towards the center of the room facing me...who was putting on my socks.

'I said that aloud didn't I?' I thought.

"Greg, no, Sir Williams, dinner is ready" Julie said politely.

"Oh no it's fine you can call me Greg I insist" I said.
'It's better than making things even more troublesome...I mean how would I know that last names are only for nobility?'

"Well, if you say so...shall we?" Julie said while pointing towards the door.

As we were talking towards the dining room, something peculiar happened....

"Princess Emily is quite a handful isn't she?" 

"Yes?"

I didn't know how to respond to this, as this was quite strange as I had the reputation of being suspected as a spy, can I repeat that again, a SPY. So why would a maid like her question me about the Princess? 

"....." Julie took a glance behind her whilst we were walking, with her eyes gazing upon me...it's either my imagination or I'm just downright crazy but I think she may be happy and not uneasy towards me. 

'Well I might as well take a shot at talking to her, I've got time anyways'

"Well, she definitely is but just to be sure we're on the same track it's her...pride right?"

'I still wasn't quite sure if it's her pride in combat or knowledge, but I'm guessing it leans towards knowledge, nevertheless...it may not be so important' I thought.

"You're really taking your time aren't you?" Julie said.

"I'm...sorry?" I asked pertubed.

"Although we've only interacted for a little while..."Julie points towards my ear.

"What do you...oh." I realized my hand was twidling around my earlobe.

"You have a habit of doing that when you're thinking hard" 

Julie then continued to walk once again and I continued to follow.

'She seems trustworthy, should I? Well it's now or never'

"About Christel"

"I know what your thinking from the tone of your voice, you're thinking that she's too guarded towards you and quite rude?" Julie said with a laugh.

"....." my mouth remained silent, I can't believe this was a laughing matter to her.

"Don't look at me with that cold glare of yours"

"....!" my eyes opened wide.

"It may seem serious to you but Christel doesn't hold that much power, if she had the authority around the mansion it would be quite a mess, don't you think?"

"I guess it would be quite ridiculous to imagine such a darkside being present..." I realized.

Julie nods at my words.

"Whilst we continue walking, I'd like to tell you something about Christel"
"...."

"Again, with that cold glare, you two might be bad in terms with each other but both of you have one common goal"

"What's that?" I asked.

"Why. The protection of the Princess of course!" Julie laughed at my remark.

"Ah, yes I see" I nodded with her words. 'It's better to keep up this lie, wouldn't want her to know'

"Wait a minute, somethings off with you"
"What do you mean? I'm just thinking how Christel would be similar to me"

"Hmm..." Julie stares at me sternly with suspicion. My throat feels parched and I felt a cold shoulder, it's as if my whole identity was at the end of a cliff, I hoped I wouldn't be caught.

"I guess so, shall I continue?" 

"Of course", while in my mind I took a long breath. 'I'd better stop talking to her, it's not that she's bad company, she's just too good at discerning people's true intentions' That is what I observed from Ms. Julie, who I would without a doubt name Keen Eyes, as her eyes were just way too good.

"Christel has always been raised by a single mother, and she'd always been happy even without a father. However, one day a man visited their house, they brought a number of servants and gifts, it turns out that man was Christel's father. Her mother had doubts whether to trust the man who had once abandoned them but nevertheless Christel as innocent as she was back then, happily cheered when she saw her father"

"Now they can have a leisurely life I'm guessing" I spoke.

"Oh, it would only be God's blessing if that was it" Julie said.

"I thought so."

"Christel and her mother became one seemingly happy family as they returned to their home, but it was revealed that Christel's father was a slave merchant, now it would have been fine since it only involved strangers however..."

"However?"

"Christel's mother is a half elf, as one would expect from a scumbag of a father, no, he didn't even deserve to be called Christel's father"

"....."

"I apologize for losing my composure, continuing, Christel's mother was sold as a slave, and Christel herself did not know until later after 2 weeks, where her mother was found unconcious by a river bank"

"....." I couldn't speak, as this was too difficult to comprehend...slaves? Half-elves?, it was too difficult to answer.

"I can see your a bit confused, you see this all traces back to the 26 Wives case"
"What is the 26 Wives case?" I asked.

Julie looked at me like she was astonished and stupified on how I could not know such common knowledge.

"The 26 Wives case, involves a serial killer who kills his victims who are namely women by cutting the victim's throat by a body of water turning the water into dark red, in the shade of blood, the body of water could be water jars, a glass filled with water, buckets filled with water, and the last one attempted, beside a riverbank"

"Attempted?"

"The 1st Highness Prince Hullery Sovia, Princess Emily's step brother, solved the case, as the 26th wife is Christel's mother, therefore.." Julie said.

"The 1st Prince saved Christel's mother...." I placed my hand over my mouth shocked by this information.

"Now do you understand why Christel is doing her best to protect Emily?" Julie says.

"I'm guessing it's because, the 1st Prince Hullery thinks dearly towards the Princess?" I said.

"The answer to that, remains a mystery" Julie smirked back.

"Hm? I guess so" my response was quite bland as, although the information is quite interesting, it served no purpose but me understanding my enemy, Christel.

"Oh your response seemed quite unimpressed" Julie said annoyed.

"Oh it's not that, it's just, I can't quite say I could feel the same" I said,

"I can see that, but we all have something dear towards our hearts, but sometimes it's just not easy for our eyes to see that until it's lost" Julie said staring back at me with a cheerful smile.

"What are you implying?" I said annoyed. 'Isn't it obvious, the most important thing is my diary and my own life? Although....I can't say that in front of her' I clenched my fists annoyed by this predicament.

"Don't be mad, by the way...we're here." Julie said as she opens the door.

If I could rate the most amazing things I've ever seen which would exclude my diary, this would rank first, as I saw the greatest banquet no, the best dining room I've have ever seen.

Halt right there! Next chapter coming soon!

2