Book 3: Chapter 48: Majo: Unlocking Further
93 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Let’s cool down a bit… In my room just relaxing before moving on to the next agenda. That’s two instances where I did something… less than pleasant since I came here, I should try to not do something that destructive again if I could, at least not until the deadline roughly three weeks from now, since that’s when we’ll leave… I mean I could just travel into the future to skip time but that’ll cause so much problem I can’t even list them all, so let’s not try that, it’s a cheap way of going about it.

I should go see Floria to take my mind off this, what else is there to do right now beside that? Yeah, that’s what I should do… after a bit more rest…

 

#####

 

“Haaah” I let out a sigh and yawn as it feels like it’s been a while since I took a nap, now I believe it’s the time to actually go see Floria.

Standing back up, stretching a bit, and then of course make sure I get geared up. With everything set up it’s time to steel myself and ready to tackle the problem.

*Zoom*

“Haaa-!” Suddenly a scream is heard. I didn’t register the reason immediately but then I realized she was in the middle of changing… She’s not like me who has super magical clothes about that don't need to be taken off. 

Her face turned extremely red and immediately retreated onto her bed and covered herself with a blanket. I get that she’s embarrassed and all but it’s not like it’s a man seeing it, her reaction seems overly… over.

“Sorry Floria. Guess I wasn’t being considerate there” I said while scratching the back of my head and a playful smile. She looks mad at me but slowly calms down.

“Y-You better be” She said stuttering and still red on the face. So what should I do to make her regain composure? Perhaps just look away for a bit?

“Okay then. I’ll just look over here and wait for you to finish dressing up okay? Okay” I said as I turned another way facing the door. Just standing there waiting for the girl behind me to finish changing up and allowing us to move onto a more pressing matter.

...I continued to wait. Waiting and waiting for her to finish dressing up and calling upon me once she finished. Her attire isn’t that complicated so it shouldn’t take that long…

“I’m done. You can turn around now” Floria said with a bit of a sigh and sign of trying to regain composure. If she said so then I shall do so.

Turning around to meet her she still blushed a little bit and looked a bit mad, almost looking like she’s pouting.

“Okay then Floria. How are you doing today? Since… yesterday I mean” I said trying to refer to her breakdown yesterday. It’s something that should lead nicely into her relationship with Rumel.

“I-I’m fine. Please. There’s no need to worry” She said to me trying to keep her cool and keep her embarrassment secret.

“No no. It’s alright. It’s clear you and your sister are hurt by the separation. Tell me more about it” I said calmly, trying to coerce her to confess, to open up and move on to a better future.

“My sister?... Ah. I did talk about her yesterday didn’t I?” She noted and came to the conclusion that isn’t wrong but not the main reason why I said that. It’s because I did indeed talk to her sister, get to know her, and understand the story more than this woman in front of me might be.

“Yeah. How about you tell me more about it?” I asked trying to not sound intrusive, hoping for her to come out with it easily.

“Why?” She suddenly said, unprompted I feel like.

“Hm?” I let out a sound at the sudden question.

“Why do you have to go this far for me? For my smile? Or is it something more?” She asked and began sounding her emotion slightly more. She has questioned my intent unlike the other two girls, but I can see why. A stranger coming to help you with next to no clear motive is nothing short of suspicious, even if their intentions and actions seem genuine, and even if it is it’s not like there’s no underlying motive.

“Heh. I’m just someone that loves to help, I believe I said something to that effect. I also am looking for that most sincere and lovely smile of yours. I have no other reasons, at least even if I do I am not aware of it” I said honestly and calmly, not beating around the bush. We have discussed this how many times, it ought to end as everything comes to pass.

“You’re so… Fine. There’s no need to dwell on it anymore” She said sounding slightly frustrated. I guess she wasn’t planning on letting that go easily.

“Okay then Floria. Let’s sit down and talk” I said to start things up. Both of us sitting down on her bed and looking at each other.

“Who is your sister? I have some ideas but why don’t you tell me about her? Perhaps I have met her somewhere?” I asked. The way I worded it is a bit weird but regardless of her noticing it or not I will still come out with my experience with her sister, and to convey it to her that they can get together again. I have a drastic solution in mind already, and if they’re alright with it then that’s what we will go with.

“My sister. She’s my idol. She’s someone who always takes care of me. Even as we were casted out from our home she always put on a brave face and cared for me all the way” She recounted her experience with her sister with a surprising amount of fondness. The two really do care for each other.

“Sounds like a good sister. I am also an older sister myself, but perhaps I put my future a bit ahead of their own. I’m not like your sister from the sounds of it” I commented with a little self-deprecating fact about myself, with a little smile perhaps conveying a small amount of regret as I left that family behind.

“But, you’re here now and care for me aren’t you? I can’t see you as someone who just left their own family” She noted, being strangely defensive of me when she was looking at me with suspicion just not too long ago.

“People change Floria, besides I have reason to leave them more than lack of inclination to stay by their side… I have a reason that will benefit them in leaving” I said trying to explain my action back then. It’s not that important to the discussion at hand, just what I want to point out.

“A reason huh… She also has a reason for leaving as well, but I… I just don’t like it. I don’t like that she left me, lacking confidence in me” She mentioned. Seems like me explaining my experience as an older sister myself makes her begin speaking up. 

“I mean. In my case there’s also the fact that I’m just not in my family legacy at all, in your case you don’t have to follow any of that… Just what reason could break you two apart? Any idea?” I asked as I recounted one of my reasons, hoping she’ll begin speaking up again.

“She… she changed. People don’t like it. I still see her as the same as ever… but she couldn’t see that. I just want to be with her, as we always do. She’s one of the only two people I cared for anymore” She said sounding depressed. Hold on. One of the two?

“Two people? Is there someone else unaccounted for?” I asked, feeling a bit concerned. Did I miss a clue? Who else would be important?

“A-Ah! I-It’s nothing” She said sounding suspiciously embarrassed. What was that about? Is she just rambling and saying random words?

“Regardless. How has she changed in your mind that makes her have to leave?” I asked more or less understanding as to why. No way everyone would be fine with a four arms girl, I’ve seen freakier and never judge people on them in the first place so it really doesn’t phase me.

“I… Nothing is normal with how she has changed” She said not giving the specific details of how she has changed. She’s going to drag things even more I’m sure of it. There’s no need for me to try to break the figurative locks on her mind gently, as I already know what’s going on, I could just forcibly break them with what I already know behind them.

“Stop delaying the inevitable Floria. If you won’t tell me everything then I’ll just spit it out myself” I said in an almost harsh tone. She took the sudden sharp tone with a face of surprise. She’s probably under the assumption that I didn’t know the intricacies of the tragedy around her and her sister.

“W-What do you mean by that?” Floria asked, sounding nervous and clearly unable to comprehend my plans. Now how should I make her admit everything without overwhelming her with what I already know of. Perhaps… Yes, Rumel has a bounty on her and… Yeah she’s the one Floria is targeting, now that’s an easy segway into making her telling and admitting all.

“Your sister is the one on that bounty you are targeting is it not? Why else would go with this specific person in particular? A human looking girl who I think might be acceptable only by those who are her family, you more than likely, as there is a lack of malice on your part” I pointed out with a confident tone that she doesn’t expect. Even if I didn’t encounter Rumel I would probably figure it out sooner or later, so she shouldn’t find it too illogical and skipping steps in a way too absurd and overwhelming her.

“W-When did you figure this out?” She asked, still sounding a bit bewildered. Well I can easily answer that.

“Yesterday after you had that… confession, I began searching for any clues regarding your sister. I soon make the connection between that bounty and your obsession with her, and I intend on getting the answer out of you now” I said confidently and making it clear that I will not back down, that I will get her to open up completely on everything that happened, and then give her the good news, well, if she can even take the news.

“I-I see… guess you will go to any lengths” She said, clearly not completely recovered from the initial shock just yet. Anything else I could add that doesn’t sound implausible for me to find out without the sheer coincidence? Like… perhaps the reason why she’s so determined to get all of these items? The wealth and materials? I think I should point that out.

“It’s also even more clear that you targeted this bounty specifically for that reason. After all, why would you need so much money if you can make it from hunting this bounty down? The only things I could think of is that you will never give her in, or rather you would go with her and any chance of making wealth will be gone by then. You need all of these to sustain you two when you eventually go into hiding. Am I wrong?” I said once more with confidence and breaking her metaphorical locks on the matter. She looks almost sweaty with how nervous she is and probably a bit taken aback by my rather overly detailed explanation.

“S-So what about it?” She asked, unable to come up with anything else to say on the matter. She really doesn’t see this coming, unable to come up with a better response than just reflecting.

“What I can tell is that what you’re about to do is extremely and filled with hardship… Also I don’t think you even know if it’ll actually work. Not to mention… Do you even know if your sister will comply?” I pointed out and asked. Perhaps rather blunt but it’s still something she should consider even if I’ll just tell it to her later anyway.

“I… I’ll make her comply. That’s what I’ll do if she doesn't” She said trying to put on a very brave front. Even if that’s her plan, which is probably why she wants to become stronger as well in the first place, I doubt she can go all out against someone she cared so much for. Now here’s a bigger can of worm, how would she go about convincing her sister if it doesn’t work?

“And what if it doesn’t work? What then?” I asked, keeping an objective tone.

“I don’t know! I’ll just have to drag her with me” She said, a bit of an outburst.

“A rather forceful approach it seems. Well regardless of all that. How far would you go in order to reunite with your older sis?” I asked, trying to segway into revealing how much I really know.

“I would do anything for her to be back” She said with a determined look.

“Even against me?” I asked. Immediately her determination crumbled like dust, even before I even got to clarify further.

“That was just a what-if. I won’t go against you” I said while patting her shoulder and trying to reassure her that I’ll help her all the way. She recovered from the brief shock and looked at me with a warm gaze, almost a smile.

“What was that question for?” Floria asked a bit nervously. 

“Just a hypothetical question and nothing more. There’s no way I’ll get in the way of you or Rumel” I said in a casual tone, to make her lightened up a bit after the admittedly sick joke. She really took that one hard, better not say anything to that effect again, at least for a while.

“HUH!?” She suddenly shouted out in surprise… Ah. I did just name drop Rumel when said name wasn’t on the bounty details. Well let’s use that as a segway then.

“What? That’s your sister’s name right?” I said feigning ignorance, feeling like teasing her a bit. She looks so bewildered it’s comical, but the situation is nothing to laugh at.

“Y-Y-Yeah… But how? Her name isn’t anywhere on that list!” She asked, sounding almost annoyed. I guess I can tell her now, no need to beat around the bush.

“She told me her name when we first met” I said nonchalantly. Her reaction is priceless but I better not push it too far.

“W-When!?” She asked, starting to sound extremely emotional and full of unrest. She gets closer and practically tries to pin me down.

“Two days after I met you. Lovely, much like you” I said with a teasing smile as she unintentionally pinned me down on the bed. Her face reddened and so full of shock it seems she doesn’t notice her actions.

“H-How!?” She asked clearly unsure of what she really wanted to ask. 

“I simply met her in an abandoned forest outside of the city. She’s doing well with me around” I said a bit teasingly still, trying to keep a more casual tone so she- Oh she’s pinning me down even harder. Now this is getting a bit too close for average eyes to not falter.

“W-Wha!? Why haven’t… I mean what happened!?” Clearly she has a lot on her mind she is unable to say much coherently, now this is going to be a bit of a problem to tackle.

“It’s all admittedly a big coincidence. Still I’m sure you would love to see her again won’t you?” I asked with a generous smile. Her face reddened still looks indecisive.

“O-Of course I do! I will find her!” She said, almost screaming her lungs out. She really doesn’t notice what she’s doing has she? It’s a good thing I’m used to this less I start blurting something out of the blue.

“As soon as possible I take it?” I said, asking if her conviction is great enough to be able to adapt to the sudden change in plans. I think she would’ve wanted a few hours or so to prepare her heart for the reunion, but one can’t be too sure.

“Why wouldn’t I!? Please!... Please… I want to see her again” A drop. A single drop of tears made me realize just how desperate this girl truly is, when it all becomes clear that she can finally see her sister again, possibly with a much better chance of reuniting successfully, she really wants to take that chance. 

Her eyes are teary, her face is red, her words full of emotions clouding whatever actions she is doing at the moment. She really needs a hug right now.

I break away from her pinning me down and I put my arms around her and embrace her as her balance breaks. Hugging her tight and I can feel her face reddened even more, I could feel her body getting hotter.

“Of course. What did I say? I’m here for you, and also your sister. As long as you continue to be how you are, I don’t see why I wouldn’t help” I said, giving her the reassurance she needs. Hugging her tight and calming her down. She needs to calm down, and let her heart slow down, let her feel the reassurance, confidence, and peace. 

“I-I…” She’s trying to think of something to say in reply to that, but sounds so overwhelmed still that nothing came out. I think she needs to calm down a bit more, and dwell on what can be soon. There is still much to be done after this. Her sister, Rumel, will make the decision of accepting that her sister will stand for herself, that she will not be relying on her. More importantly, if my plan has to come to pass, then both of them will not solely rely on me as well, it’s a requirement. If they were to accept my offer, then they will learn, and they must adapt, if they want me to support them, and onto a newer more peaceful life.

4