Book 3: Chapter 50: Majo: Offer Home
92 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Huh!? Eh!? Haaaaah!?!? Am I hearing this correctly… WHAT!?

“Excuse me!?” I am completely taken by surprise and I can’t come up with anything witty or intelligent to say in response. They said it with straight faces to what the hell!?

“W-Why are you so surprised?” Rumel asked as if their affection being that deep is obvious, it sure as hell isn’t!

“O-Of course I am!” I said sounding my genuine confusion loud and clear, it’s only been a few days how did our bond escalate this far? I mean I can deal with it if I have to, already done many times and all, but seriously… this is all so sudden.

They both look really depressed all of a sudden… wait wait wait please don’t be don’t be like this now.

“Nonononono! It’s alright! I’m not mad! Please stop!” I said desperately not wanting to hurt their feelings. 

They both look back up at me as if expecting something else for an answer. Do I need to explain everything? I should at least explain something.

“Look… I’m sorry I acted that way… I just don’t see myself as that valuable for both of you, I was blind to that, I’m sorry” I said trying to alleviate their feelings. Saying in a calm and respectful tone trying to not mess any words up.

“I-It’s alright… I wasn’t… acting all that good to you throughout… I can see why you don’t see yourself like that” Floria said a bit shamefully as she hung her head down. Now she just looks even more sorrowful and remorseful.

“Guess… I wasn’t treating you well enough to warrant that from you” Rumel please don’t say it like that it’s bad for my heart! 

“Please don’t say those kinds of things!” I said pleadingly feeling extremely bad right now. I… I need to calm down and say things a bit more rationally.

“So… I mean I know it’s too much to ask but…” Floria said hesitantly. What’s with the sudden change in tone and wants!? Maybe it’s because they’re reunited and change their focus? I have no real clue as to what to do and I’m worried with how well I’ll receive their out of nowhere love. I consider myself lucky doing it six times in a row, it just feels like luck at this point.

“Oh it’s alright! I have plenty of spaces” I blurted out perhaps a bit too suddenly, scratching the back of my neck and hoping this whole thing will settle down quickly before anything else happens.

“Huh?” Floria let out a sound in confusion while Rumel was pondering something.

“Ah! Right… Wait but you can’t be serious can you!?” Rumel seems to come up with an assumption and thinks of it as something ludicrous, if she’s thinking what I’m thinking then she’s not wrong.

“W-What is it Sis?” Floria asked, sounding her confusion. Right… I didn’t really tell her anything regarding the other world have I. This is going to be awkward to bring up right now. Rumel looked at me and back at her, then repeated the process a few times.

“Have you not told her?” Rumel asked looking at me, all the while Floria is left out of the loop.

“Well… she hasn’t shown herself to trust me enough for me to say it out, besides she never asked, unlike you” I explained myself whole perhaps snarking back a bit, even if it could be taken the wrong way. She looks a bit hurt as I said that, I basically just said that I didn’t trust her to trust me enough. Well I guess it’s time to show her I can believe in her to believe in me now.

“Will you explain now?” Rumel asked.

“Yeah. Floria, I’ll tell you where I’m from” I said as I turned and looked at the discouraged Floria. There’s no reason to not introduce myself fully to her at this point, no need for simply truth to not be revealed.

“I’m not from this world. Completely different world where history and people are vastly different, yet not all are different. I’m from a different time and place which is why I’m so unfamiliar with this place. It’s really not that big of a deal yet I never told you, my apologies” That’s my situation in a nutshell, perhaps something I told Rumel that I didn’t tell her yet, it’s not too important to the discussion at hand.

“Different… world?” Floria repeated those words, probably getting the idea but unable to come up with any conclusive… conclusion.

“Exactly. I’m summoned here, and soon I have to go back to my real home. That’s the important takeaway” I said calmly and explained my situation as an otherworlder. Now I need to point out something else as well, something I did allude to just now while ago.

“Then… you can’t be with us” Floria concluded what would be a natural assumption, but that’s not what I have in mind. If they truly want to be besides me, there’s something they must agree and accept.

“Not exactly” I immediately shot that assumption down, not wanting her to dwell on anything untrue and ultimately won’t come to pass.

“Huh?” She let out a confused voice once I said that. It is hard to imagine making any form of compromise between those of two worlds, not to mention me not making it clear how much freedom I have between them.

“Is my assumption correct?” Rumel asked clearly hopeful that the answer would be what she expected, if it is what she expected then that will be great.

“Yes. I will bring you two back to my homeworld. If that’s alright with you two” Of course there’s a catch to that as well, I cannot forget to mention it.

“H-How?” Floria asked, sounding rather skeptical. Before I even get to mention what is actually important she asked the important yet not actually all that concerning of an issue.

“I have a spell for that. Perhaps I need a bit of build up and almost all of my mana to pull it off but it should be possible” I said while trying to be sure of myself. I have done it before but I also use the magical energy of my partners as well, I’m not sure if these two are on par with them when it comes to being able to share mana, especially when it comes to Rumel.

“I see… Would you be alright?” Rumel asked, clearly seeing through a bit of a brave front I put up, or rather she’s just naturally that caring and she is spot on.

“Yeah. Maybe if I have a mana supply somewhere that’s work” I said a bit dismissively. It’s not necessary but it will help a lot.

“Here” Rumel suddenly said as something was thrown towards me… Ah! It’s the relic that she made me ‘retrieve’ from the past. This thing has a lot of mana stored up as it is a mana battery. I could use this!

“H-Huh? Is that…” Floria suddenly took notice with her shock expression clear to see. She must recognize this as an item of value supposedly forever lost, but here it is.

“Long story short. She made me retrieve it to gain her trust” I said not seeing the need to discuss any further regarding this glorified mana battery. There is a more pressing manner at hands.

“To something we should consider, or rather you consider. There is a problem when it comes to going to a different world. I believe you understand what it is” I said to start things off. 

“That we… don’t know what they’re saying, what they’re expecting, how the rules are over there?” Rumel intelligently guessed correctly before Floria even got to open her mouth.

“It is indeed a problem, now there is a way to remedy some of those problems as seen with the summoning spell that brought me here giving adequate knowledge of this world’s language. I am an expert when it comes to this so transferring knowledge and teaching you two regarding my hometown wouldn’t be a burden on my end” I said as I began explaining the problem and how I can remedy it. This is far from the most difficult challenge they’ll have to meet.

“What else is there to say regarding this… sudden offer of yours?” Rumel asked, clearly wanting to know the details. Floria is just there silently pondering.

“Well my house is massive so there’s no problem fitting two people in. Now when it comes to other problems… Rumel I have mentioned this before, but the world where I’m from everything is much more peaceful and formulaic, to the point that it’s almost dull at first glance. There’s a lot of its culture you have to try to understand and adapt” I answered partially as the most damning and dangerous information isn’t out just yet.

“This does sound hard… But am I not shunned there if your story is true?” Rumel asked, looking rather concerned.

“Yeah, but you can stay in my house until we can find a way to let you go out there unnoticed. Floria, what about you? You have been fighting all this time, yet if you come you’ll have less chance to fight” I said then turned to ask Floria. She hasn’t said much and that’s not a good thing to do during such a fateful decision.

“I’m… I’m okay with it, as long as we can live peacefully” Floria said, sounding her conviction loud and clear, if clearly showing some hesitation at the beginning. I supposed peace and happiness will be her topmost priority.

“This sounds like such a great, no, an offer that sounds unbelievably good, too good in fact. Then again it’s you who is offering it” Rumel said a bit playfully. It is an unbelievable offer, and both of them are probably still processing the idea… Still if they truly mean it when they say they want me… Well they have to not be too greedy when it comes to ownership.

“I can only hope that is all there is to it… but it isn’t” I said a bit melancholically as the two noticing my shift in tone also shift their expression in surprise and concern.

“W-What do you mean?” Floria asked.

“I know you two clearly cared for me… but if you really want to go further than that then there’s a problem” I said, not letting my voice crack or untimely change in tone. They both look even more worried as I said that.

“I-Is there some correlation?” Rumel asked, not sounding too sure of herself. This is it. It’s almost time to reveal this embarrassing, envious, and unbelievable truth about myself.

“When you have to come back with me to my home. There are people there, waiting and caring for me as much as you two do” I said, beginning the unraveling of the truth.

“People? As us two?” Rumel asked, she looks almost panicky with how she’s conducting herself.

“They will tolerate you, and if you want to go down the same path as they do, then you must welcome them as well” I said, continuing the passage.

“Same path…” Floria muttered, sounding nervous.

“Y-You don’t mean…” Rumel said before trailing off. Time to steel myself as to what will happen next. Time to say it out loud, no beating around the bush.

“Before you two. There are six lovely women who love me, and they all live with me in our home, where you two will also be, and up the amount to eight” I said, keeping a straight face to show how serious this issue is. Their eyes widened to almost comical degree and gasped in surprise.

“S-Six!?” Floria repeated the numbers in complete disbelief.

“Women!?” Rumel said in conjunction with what her sister said. Perhaps it is surprising how it’s an all girls house.

“No males indeed. I love girls, so they all came back and cling to me. Their love for me is genuine, that much I have tested many times, and they all live in harmony with me, who love them back… Will you two go through that? Will you be happy with that?” I clarified and asked. It is a big deal having to share someone you loved with others, it’s not something you could adapt to so easily. I want to love them as they do me, but with the six of them along for the ride… they must all love each other as well, I can’t stand to see those I choose to love to fight each other.

“Y-You have so many women with you yet you keep… No, that’s not the issue, forget I said anything” Rumel said, sounding rather painful, it’s hurt to hear that as well… if I said that a bit earlier would she be in less pain now? Most likely.

“So both of us can’t be that special for you” Floria said, sounding rather bummed. Dammit I feel like tearing up hearing these sad faces.

“N-No! You two stop!” I said as I rushed towards them and pulled them close to me.

“It’s a path I choose and cannot walk away from anymore. I’m sorry I cannot be only for you two” I said hugging them and pleading for forgiveness. It’s a risky and painful path I take, hearts I’ve taken without noticing, and how I have to repay them all… I tried, and this is what I have to deal with.

We all hugged tightly for a while as the warmth kept us relaxed. How nice…

“I… I can do it. If it meant being with you, then I can do it” Rumel spoke up sounding very resolute. I didn’t expect an answer this soon.

“That’s true. I have been fighting for all of this, what’s a bit more can do” Floria said sounding rather different than she usually does with a bit of spunk, seems she’s willing to go through with such a thing to the point of breaking her usual habit and speech, or maybe it’s just a change of pace.

We all stopped the group hug and gave a bit of space between us. It’s been an emotional movement for us three with many unseen factors and swerve. I have dealt with many things with a similar tone yet it’s hard to get used to it, a conflict of emotions isn't something one could easily get used to, the body doesn’t remember it for you.

“So? I know it’s a hard choice but… Will you two… come with me back home, when my quest here is over?” I asked, one last time. I want their answer loud and clear.

Rumel and Floria, both girls, the two who are sisters and inseparable yet separated for long, look at each other in the eyes and nodded to each other. They both turn to look at me straight in my eyes, with their face full of conviction and certainly…

““We accept”” Both of them said. Loud and clear… Two more… I can do this, and I will make sure their life is a happy one.

“Thank you… for answering. We cannot go anywhere right now no matter how much I want to. There is a problem at hand I’m in this world to deal with…” I said kinda breaking the mood a little bit.

“Haaah… sorry. After all of that buildup, I cannot make us go to the next step just yet” I said embarrassingly scratching my cheek at looking at them a bit apologetically. They have a small smile on them, lovely yet little.

“It’s fine. I guess we can’t have everything go smoothly” Rumel said with a reassuring tone.

“If there’s a fight to be had for you, then it’s not all over. I’m here for you” Floria said, trying to sound cool and reassuring. What will I do without them… Well I could go by without them, but company never hurts to have, this world will be much more lonely without them around, and for that I’m thankful.

“Thank you. I’m sorry that I’m such a dense girl. I’m sorry that nothing can go smoothly here with every moving part going about so quickly… How about for the time being you two live in my room sometimes?” I said then come up with a suggestion. It’s a big room with a fancy and big bed, I could see us three in the bed.

“Well that’s a nice offer, but isn’t that risky for us?” Rumel asked, trying to be reasonable and considerate.

“Oh there’s no need for you to worry about me. If all else fails I could hastily make a place for us to live without anyone nearby. Kinda like what you were trying to do Floria” I said and pointed out a bit casually. It’s said in light hearted fun to ease our weary self after the emotional confrontation, it’s what we need even if it breaks the atmosphere somewhat.

“You could probably do that easily don’t you” Floria asked with a small amount of snark. Good to see her saying things with more than just a front of steel, I love seeing her being more open.

“Well perhaps I have done that a few times already… Seriously though, let’s get out of this place. There’s no need for us to be here any longer, this place is not a home, it’s more of a prison” I said as I open my arms and gesture at the dead and silent forest of solitude. Rumel looked around with her arms crossed as if reminiscing her time here, and probably when she was with me as well.

“Very well” Rumel said with a small smile and walked over to me, while Floria also did the same silently.

They both get close and personal with me which gets me a bit nervous, it’s going to be a bit hard to concentrate but I’ll do my best. I can’t leave these two ladies disappointed after making such a conviction can I.

“Let’s go!” I said before finally leaving this place for good with them by my side.

*Zoom*

4