Chapter 5: The Rabbit Hole
448 7 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi. Good morning. Oh wait... Its already noon. I guess I overslept...

Since I was able to stop realizing things that I hadn't realized before, I decided to realize that I haven't used magic at all ever since coming into this world. But I know that there is magic, or I probably do, since there's a MP counter. I also dunno if it counts as magic if I use [Powered Thrust] though. Huh...

By the time I had stopped wondering about useful but useless crap, night fell and my [Night Vision] suddenly ranked up. And yes, I spent 8 hours doing absolutely nothing but think. I guess I really did lose my head.

The [Rabbit Killer] title, although it made me sound like someone who's a, um, rabbit killer, I'm really, actually not one at all. It also gave a good boost to my speed and strength stats, so I thought, what if I maxed it out? Well, no answer came to me. I might have to wipe out a hundred thousand rabbits for that.

It was time for dinner so I took a huge bite off a fruit, but ended up spitting it out because I couldn't chew it right. I finished the first one and I moved on to the next. I wished I could eat something like meat, but I didn't have a way of cooking and I can't just eat something raw. I didn't have anything like a match or lighter of course, and I had no idea how to start a fire.

I finished the second fruit thing and I threw the core at a rabbit that was stalking me behind a bush. I think it fainted. I don't know why though. I fell asleep while wondering why the rabbit fainted.

The sun was bright... Eh? There are two suns? I didn't notice until now though... I was fully awake and had nothing important to do, so I decided to go on a rabbit hunt.

"Hehehehehehehehe- *cough* -ehehehe..."

What? I'm laughing? That's obviously not true.

Eh? Why is it so bright? Oh. It's already morning. I lost count of the rabbits I had killed, but I was too distracted to notice where I went. I was already at the edge of the forest, plus, there was a big rabbit hole in front of me. Was this always here? I'm sure I passed by this place when I just came into this world a month ago.

My appraisal ranked up and I was wondering if it would show more info about objects, so I tried it on a rock that was inside the hole.


Appraisal Results [Detailed]

[Rock (Rabbit Dungeon, E+ Ranked)] [Rarity: Common]

A rock from the rabbit dungeon.


Oh? Something caught my eye. This hole was a dungeon? A rabbit dungeon? Well, that's interesting. I found a good source of EXP.

I walked into the hole, and yup, a horned rabbit appeared. I slit its throat and it died.

[Rabbit Killer title ranked up.]

Oh crap. Forget you saw that. I don't kill rabbits that much.

I continued going down, but the hole never seemed to end. On my left, all there was were rough walls made of dirt. On my right, all there was were rough walls made of dirt. I thought something would change if I looked up, but it was the same. I looked down. Oh, look! There's something here. No, those were my feet.

I was sure that I had already walked for an entire day, so I found a reliable corner and slept.

I woke up to find a few rabbits poking my chest. Go away, pervs! I wasn't taking any damage though. Is it because of my defense stat?

"Ehh... triple thrust..." I said with my half-awakened voice.

My hand moved on its own and busted each of their heads open.

When I woke up another half I continued my journey through the dungeon. When I walked for another few hundred steps, rabbits began to appear more frequently. I also encountered a new type of rabbit.


Appraisal Results [Detailed]

Red Horned Rabbit (Rabbit Dungeon, E+ Ranked) [Lv 9]

HP: 30/30 MP: 63/75

[[Skills]]

[Fire Horn] [II]

[Charge] [III]


It was still really weak compared to myself, but it was nearly 3 times stronger than the normal horned rabbits I usually faced. Appraisal began to show the skills of my targets, which could become really helpful in a battle.

I killed the red-colored rabbit and took its horn.

An hour of walking and killing later, the tunnel began widening as I went further.

The tunnel separated into two pathways. In the center, there was a rabbit that was even larger than me.


Appraisal Results [Detailed]

Greater Horned Rabbit (Rabbit Dungeon, E+ Ranked) [Lv. 20] [Mini-boss, E+ Ranked]

HP: 335/335 MP: 175/175

[[Dungeon Mutations]]

[Large]

[Mini-boss]

[[Skills]]

[Charge] [V]

[Sharpened Horn] [IV]

[Speed+ Enhancement] [II]


So this was a mini-boss? I looked at the details of its skills and the weird thing called "Dungeon Mutations". Looks like dungeon mutations were rare, and they made a monster stronger than others of the same species, but they could only happen in dungeons. The [Mini-boss] mutation turned something 3 times stronger, but also gave 3 times more EXP. [Large] just turned something larger.

I stepped into the room. The rabbit noticed me once I did, and charged towards me.

"Double Slash."

Just as the rabbit neared towards me, I [Double Slash]ed it and it cluttered its teeth in pain. Before it could recover, I used [Quadruple Thrust], and four bleeding holes appeared on its body. As I retreated towards the opposite corner of the room, I appraised it and confirmed that its health dropped by a fourth of its max. The rabbit dashed at me again, this time faster than before.

"Ua!"

If I dodged even a second later, I would've lost my arm. It got its horn stuck in the wall behind me, so I took the chance to attack. I slashed at its belly and sliced its back. The rabbit squealed and it shook once more. It freed its horn from the grasp of the wall.

The rabbit looked at me with an expression of anger. Its horn glowed yellow, and it seemed to become sharper. I think it was using [Sharpened Horn]. Hey, does it not need to talk to use its skills? I wanna do that too! I wonder if there's a way to do that...

Its HP was at one-third of its max. It charged at me. As I tried to evade its attack, I swept my sword at its shoulder, its arm falling off a second later. We continued to battle until it finally stumbled from the pain of its now lost arm. As it fell, I showed no mercy and sliced off its head.

[Killed Mini-boss: Large Greater Horned Rabbit. Gained 4620 ((1405 + 135) x 3) EXP]

Alright, that's a nice amount of experience that I got.

[Item Dropped: Rabbit Key (1)]

Ah? Whats this? A item drop? And what's this key for? Whatever, I'll just keep for later. I kicked the corpse of the rabbit as I realized something that I hadn't realized before. The corpses don't disappear like in a game. *cough* Actually, I already knew this the whole time, 'kay? I totally didn't just notice.

I stared blankly at each of the tunnels as I tried to choose. Should I go left? Should I go right? I thought for a while. I'll just look at both.

I entered the tunnel that pointed to the right. I walked for a minute and I reached a dead end. There was nothing but some kind of box. What the heck is this? It has a carving of a rabbit on it, and it was pink. Yeah. IT WAS PINK. Ah. Do I need that key for this?

The key disappeared, and the box opened. There were a few things inside, but what got my attention was this book. Really. I seemed to be able to read the language, but that's not important. The title of the book was "how 2 magik 4 kids" and its cover page was drawn childishly. I'm gonna read this when I leave, no, I gotta read this. There was also something else inside. It was a pink colored sword with bunny patterns on it. It looked suspicious, so I appraised it.


Appraisal Results [Detailed]

Pink Fluffy Rabbit Sword SSS+ [Stage 69420/69420] [Rarity: None]

-150005 INT

[-10696 ATK]

[[Abilities]]

[Extremely Worthless] [XV] [Stage 420/10]

[Pink] [XXIV]


Um... let's just say... um... that I did not see that. Okay? I left the sword there, collected the other items, and I went back to the clearing. I opened the book and did everything it said. "put hand out." "feel magik and it feel." "wooboo the magik flow." *cough* *cough* It really helped. "say the fire and make hot." Well, it's worth a try.

"Fire?"

Well, a spark flew out of my hand...

I looked at the other stuff I got. There was something called a "Skill Orb" which sounded pretty cool, so I appraised it for the details.


Appraisal Results [Detailed]

Skill Orb: [Charge] [I]

Eat the orb to gain skill: [Charge].


Wh- what? Did I read that right? No, no. Of course not... lemme see it again... "Eat the orb to gain skill: [Charge]."

Eh? It's still the same? Do I really have to eat it to get the skill? I really want to get it though...

...

I ate it. It melted the moment it touched my mouth and it didn't taste like anything. I should get moving. Since [Charge] wasn't an integrated skill, I could activate it without saying anything. That's good. I wont have to look like some kind of kid role-playing as an army commander.

I entered the tunnel on the left side and I encountered three red rabbits at the same time. They died when they got close enough.

I continued moving through the tunnel as I killed any rabbit I saw. I leveled up again. The walk got boring so I started playing with my skills. I first tried out [Charge], which just sent me flying forwards. There were two rabbits in front of me, so I tried combining [Charge] and [Double Slash].

I said "Double Slash" and at the same time, thought 'Charge.'

In a single second, the rabbits that were once meters in front of me were behind me, each cleanly sliced into two pieces. [Charge] seemed to require 10 MP.

When I arrived at a point where the tunnel began to turn, there was already a kilometer-long trail of rabbit corpses behind me. One group I fought actually had enough red rabbits to drop my HP. I left most of the horns and only took the red horns, since they were sharper and dealt a tiny bit of fire damage.

I found a large room that opened right after the turn. My [Night Vision] was rank 6, so I was able to see clearly enough. There was a red-colored rabbit that was about as large as me wandering around. It was smaller than the mini-boss I fought a while ago. I appraised it.


Appraisal Results [Detailed]

Greater Red Horned Rabbit (Rabbit Dungeon L2, D Ranked) [Lv. 31] [Boss, D Ranked]

HP: 479/479 MP: 734/734

[[Dungeon Mutations]]

[Boss]

[Double MP]

[[SKILLS]]

[Blazing Horn] [I] [Stage: 2/2]

[Charge] [VIII]

[Fire Magic] [II]

[Speed+ Enhancement] [III]

[Sharpened Horn] [IX]


I guess I found the first boss of the dungeon. Should I fight it? Its much stronger than the mini-boss though. Eh... I'm just gonna leave and go for it another time. I'm not ready to die yet.

...

18