Chapter 8: I Killed a Big Red Rabbit
449 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oh. Hi. Three days passed since I stole the goblin cave. I spent most of this time well, as always. I was on the fur thing for a whole day, and I was also trying to find out where my fruits came from.

Ugh... I hate washing things. I need to stop thinking about the fruits. Stupid fruits. Where do they even come from?

Since I spent so much time being productive, I wanted to finally raid the rabbit dungeon. I wanted EXP and the treasure box things, as well as level up my [Rabbit Killer] title.

I prepared by cooking up a rabbit and eating it. Aah..... huh?

[Cooking skill gained. (successfully cook something 5/5 times)]

Oh. So I was right about the 5 times that I needed to get [Cooking]. Wait what? Why was there more information?

I looked around my status for a while, and I found the found the [Extra Information] passive integrated skill of [Appraisal]. It was now [Detailed+] instead of just [Detailed].

I tried cooking a rock and seemed to feel more natural, like a better cook than before. Such aroma is pouring from the surface of the rock! Oh! I must eat it! No. The smell's coming from the rabbit, and that's what I'll eat. I remember licking on the bloodied rabbit horns though... *cough* *AHEM* I mean, uh, aah... the rabbit's cooked and tasty meat!

I was on a calm, slow walk through the forest, bodies (rabbits and wolves) littering the path behind me, my sword dripping with blood, until I noticed something bigger near me using [Detection]. Ah... It's just a brown bear, so I killed it.

I continued towards the direction of the rabbit dungeon. I made sure to leave a trail of blood on the ground, so that I wouldn't get lost. Last time, I was just lucky to find my way back to the stream. Plus, the blood might attract stronger monsters, so that I could have some fu- get some EXP from them. And

I continued on the path until I realized I leveled up from mass murder again. I used my points and kept walking. I kinda feel like my walking became faster...

It was evening, and I'm tired. So what did I do? I ate and slept.

I dreamed about the fruits and I got spooked, so I woke up early. Huh? I really gotta know more about these fruits. I appraised the fruit that suddenly appeared in my hand.


Appraisal Results [Detailed+]

Lily's Free Fruit (From Lily's Wrist Mark)


Eh? What does it mean by wrist? I looked at my right wrist closely. Hey... there's a small mark that's shaped like a lily. How did I not notice this though? Well, whatever, the fruits actually taste good. They seemed to appear in my hand every time I wanted to eat something. I'll just appraise the mark for now.


Lily's Lily Mark [Lv. 29] [???]

[[Abilities]]

[Growth (Levels)] [Stage: 2/10]

[Fruit Generation] [IV]


So I have a fruit-making skill? That's nice. The mark also seemed to grow depending on my level. Cool.

It took a while to arrive at the dungeon. I fought nearly as many rabbits as last time. Maybe dungeons regenerate after a while like in games and stuff? I continued deeper down the cave as I murdered rabbits over and over again. I eventually reached the place where I slept last time I came here. I still remember... aahh... how I killed those pervy rabbits with their own weapons! Heheheh...

I was faster and stronger than last time, so I was able to reach the mini-boss place without resting. Eh? Even the mini-boss is back. Well, I guess that is healthy for my EXP. It was only level 21, and it also didn't have the [Large] dungeon mutation.

As I stepped into the room, the rabbit rushed at me. I moved away and used [Warped Needle] from behind it. It was left with barely any of its health left.

"Hahaha~!"

I simply cut it in half. Nothing special.

I continued through the tunnel past the room and, like last time, the red rabbits began appearing more frequently. Of course, I checked the treasure room first, but the creepy sword was still there and there was a bunch of new stuff, but nothing I wanted was in there, so I didn't take anything.

A while later, I managed to clear out the entire tunnel that went towards the boss room. But before I fought it, I wanted to sleep to recover my used MP. I needed to be prepared.

I used the skill that I didn't realize I always used and ate three my free fruits and I fell asleep on the floor.

.....

I woke up the next morning and found myself in a tunnel full of blood. Oi... where did the corpses go? Was this another one of the game-like things like auto clean-up or something? No point thinking about that. All I have to think about now is the blood being spilled from the boss.

I stood at the entrance and appraised the boss. Its stats were the same as last time, so that means things that weren't killed or destroyed will stay the same.


Appraisal Results [Detailed]

Greater Red Horned Rabbit (Rabbit Dungeon L2, D Ranked) [Lv. 31] [Boss, D Ranked]

HP: 479/479 MP: 734/734

[[Dungeon Mutations]]

[Boss]

[Double MP]

[[SKILLS]]

[Blazing Horn] [I] [Stage: 2/2]

[Charge] [VIII]

[Fire Magic] [II]

[Speed+ Enhancement] [III]

[Sharpened Horn] [IX]


I took a step into the room. Before the red rabbit could charge, I dashed at it and used [Warped Needle] right away. I expected it drop much more HP, but it only went down by a third. Maybe my [Appraisal] isn't high ranked enough to show its stats like its DEF or something. Also, my [Sadist] title actually ranked up while I was murdering things in the tunnels. It raised my STR by 65, which was a really big change, but for the next rank-up of [Sadist] I needed to kill 25000 more things.

The rabbit rushed at me as I evaded. It stopped right before it hit the wall. The rabbit turned towards me quickly and dashed again. I evaded again, but it didn't stop trying to hit me. I kept dodging its attacks until its entire body glowed green. This time, it moved at a speed much faster than before.

"Uah!"

I think it used [Speed+ Enhancement]. A deep scratch appeared on my arm. The area around it became slightly burnt. Ugh... it really hurts. Plus, it was just a scratch but it already dropped my HP by a seventh. I should be careful. If I got stabbed, my HP would probably run out instantly.

The rabbit dashed at me again, this time with two fireballs flying at me at the same time. I evaded the fireballs and blocked the rabbit's horn with my sword. The sword I got from the goblin king was sturdy enough to even survive being used to crack the ground, so the rabbit's horn wont be enough to destroy it. It jumped backwards as I tried to counter it. I dashed forwards, cornering it as it hit the walls behind it, and I unleashed a second [Warped Needle], which dropped its health further down to its last third. It thrust its horn at me but I blocked and countered with two [Quadruple Thrusts], making holes that formed an octagon if they were connected with lines.

It fell onto the ground with its last breath...

[Killed Boss: Greater Red Horned Rabbit. Gained 11775 (2355 x 5) EXP. Dropped item: [Rabbit Dungeon L2 Entrance Key, Red Boss Treasure Key]]

So a boss gives 5x more EXP while a mini-boss gives 3x more? That's so much better! I also got the key to the next floor.

[Leveled Up x2. All stats raised by [10]. Gained [20] Skill Points]

I raised by two levels, which was good. My skills like [Detection] and [Night Vision] ranked up, but [Sword Arts] suddenly jumped 2 ranks, probably because I beat a dungeon boss.

Since I was done throwing around my points, I harvested the greater red rabbit's horn. It was way better than the normal red horned rabbits' horns.


Appraisal Results [Detailed+]

Boss: Greater Red Horned Rabbit's Horn

+33 ATK 

+29 Fire ATK

[[Abilities]]

[Flammable]

[Torch] [X]

[Blaze Regeneration] [III] [Stage 2/2]


The boss's horn has a evolved version of the [Fire Regeneration] skill as well as [Torch], which basically lets you set the item on fire. Since it was max leveled, it only costed 1 MP and I could control where the fire appeared. And since it was about as double as long as the normal horns, it might be treated as a spear-type weapon instead of a knife type, so for now I'll just keep it as a magic flashlight or something.

I opened the door that the boss was guarding with the key. After it opened, the key disappeared into tiny light particles and I got the title:

[Gained title: [Rabbit Dungeon Raider]]

It appeared in my title list, it didn't have any effects on my stats, but it allowed me to teleport to any floor of the dungeon that I have unlocked, but it only worked once I was inside at least the first floor, so I still had to walk all the way just to get back to the dungeon... How disappointing...

I entered a tunnel that brought me to a treasure box. It was red colored. Yes, RED. It had a bunny carving on it also, but it looked less childish, and more... demonic? ...I guess. I opened the box with the key and looked inside.

There was a green-colored skill orb, a normal translucent skill orb and a red-colored sword. The moment I touched its blade, it felt fluffy. NO, NO! Definitely some of those fake fluffy swords! I appraised the skill orbs while ignoring the fluffy sword.


Appraisal Results [Detailed+]

Title Enhancement Orb [Rabbit Killer]

Eat the orb to enhance title: [Rabbit Killer], only edible if you have the skill.

--

Passive Skill Orb [Regeneration]

Eat the orb to gain skill: [Regeneration].


Ah... the green orb was a title enhancement orb? I'll eat both then. They both have no taste at all...

The moment I ate the [Regeneration] orb the scratch on my arm began to heal. It felt weird and relieving at the same time, and it looked both satisfying and disgusting. It seemed to consume 1 MP per second and healed 1 HP per second. Injuries were also healed pretty slowly. I appraised its details and it seemed that its regeneration speed would increase and its cost would decrease the higher level it is.

I stayed in the tunnel and rested for a while before I moved on towards the real level 2 of the rabbit dungeon. I took a bite of the fruit and I didn't realize anything this time. Something's wrong, I can feel it.

I went back to main road which would bring to the second... eh... I went the wrong way. Um, lemme go back the other way. So, the road brought me to the second floor. Unlike the first floor, which was basically a really long tunnel infested with rabbits, the second floor opened up into multiple rooms.

As I finished off the last rabbit of the first room, I moved on to the next. The rabbits down here gave more EXP than the rabbits above, although they were also slightly tougher. The horned rabbits here were all around level 15, but they were only level 5 in the first floor.

I started encountering greater horned rabbits which were all around level 30 from the 5th room onwards, but I could handle them, since they were much weaker than the bosses.

After going as far as about 6 rooms, I began to feel tired, so I went back to the 5th room and set up a bed made of several greater rabbit pelts. I fell asleep the moment I lay on the bed. Ah... ha.....

...

Today I didn't really feel awake, so if you have time pls tell me if I made a typo or something

15