Chapter 3
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving at school, Katherine droped Iris in front of the entrance, as usual, then continueed to the school parking lot. Iris immediately headed to the two buses parked a few meters from the entrance that awaited the students participating to today's school trip. 

     Several students were already grouped, and the excitement on their faces could easily be read. Seeing Iris approach, some students whisper to each other, she could not say that this kind of reaction still amazed her, she could even guess what they were saying, even what they were thinking, certainly something like 'why would a defective want to see Lucy ?' The funny thing about it for Iris was that she asked herself the same question 'why.' It was as if a force was attracting her to 'Lucy' commanding her to go and she could not resist, like a magnet, like a small insect attracted to light. She always had this fascination for the stones of origin, having yet no power. She even wondered for a long time if it was not some kind of mental illness, obsession due to the fact that she was a defective. But this time it was different, it was like she could hear it call her. 

"Iris...., Iris....., halo earth to Iris"

Iris suddenly woke from her 'daydream' and without turning, she replied. 

"I prefer tango ici cash" 

"You know very well that this kind of old movie is not my thing"

"1989 wasn't that long ago, you know"

"For me, if it's more than 3 years it's old, don't even talk about 3 centuries"

     Lily her best friend, a blonde with blue eyes, took her by the arm and draged her towards their supervisor. Iris had always found that the two of them made the perfect opposite duo. Lily with her beautiful wavy hair, long legs, almost pristine skin and Iris with her red lion like curl, green eyes, freckles and tomboy-ish side. Small, they each even had a nickname golden locks for Lily and poils de carrot for Iris because of her love for old French literature.

"Personally I was sure you were going to come, even if the others thought the contrary"

"Hey Tony you owe me 20 coins" said Lily while slightly tipping her head to the side.

"I lost again, I was sure you would have found an excuse not to come Iris" said Tony.

Tony and Lily were the only friends Iris had in Sindara. Iris and Lily were childhood friends, they grew up in the same town before Lily's family had to move for her father's job when she was 11. Having kept touch, the two were easily able to meet 6 years later in Sindara after she too had moved. And Tony, Lily's boyfriend was naturally added.

"I told you, you were going to lose."

"I should have known you were far too sure of yourself, just how come you knew Lily would come."

"Secret"

"Even your boyfriend has no right to know"

"Yes"

     Iris smiled inwardly as she listened to their little quarrel, since childhood Lily had always been the one who understood her the most and given the current situation nothing changed much.

"Ah Iris what are you going to do during training?" asked Tony.

"I don't know, maybe further my research on the theory of abisal sleep and its importance" 

"... "

"Very funny" replies Lily sarcastically.

"But seriously"

"I don't know, what's certain is that it's going to be quiet without you two for the next 10 months"

"We're going to miss you too," said Lily.

0