Chapter 8
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

September 24, 2312

A bright light, penetrated his vision, a humming sound and then a high-pitched one invaded his ears. Anck turned his face to the left.

"Mam...., Dad....." he said, in a voice that was more imperceptible than a whisper.

Celine and Tom, who had moved away from his room to discuss with the doctor, turned around, a moment passed before all three were interrupted by Chris standing outside the door.

"Mom, Dad, Ank Opened his eyes" 

A few hours later sitting on his bed and still slightly shaken, Anck listened to his parents telling him that he had a stroke, he was in a coma for two days and that doctors thought it was a miracle that he had no sequel.

Two days later.

"The doctors have checked all your results, there are just a few tests result left that we will be able to get in two days but you are allowed to return  home today" said Céline. 

"Great! one more day in this place and I would have gone crazy"

"Is your bag ready ?"

"Yes, it's on the chair near the door"

"Okay, I have to sign some papers at the reception, while your dad gets your drugs and then we can leave."

"Ok"

The bedroom door opens

"Mr. and Mrs. Norman can I speak to you in private ?" said the doctor who had just entered.

"Yes of course"

A few minutes later in the hallway.

"Mr. and Mrs. Norman I just wanted to check some information with you if you don't mind ?"

"No, of course not" said Celine

"Madame Norman your category is middle tier magician am i right ?"

"Yes, you are"

"And Mr. Norman, you're class C tank."

"Yes"

"When I was inspecting your son's file and I saw that it was marked defective in it, probably an error of the nurse"

"No, not at all doctor"

 "That information is correct, our other two sons are both top third magician, but Anck was born without powers" said Céline.

The doctor opened Anck's file in his hands and scrutinized it, questioning look could be read on his face. After several seconds he announced.

"I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. Norman but the results we have showed that your son's statistics clearly indicate the characteristics of an evolved."

"Maybe it's a mistake, Anck has check  ups every year since he was a kid, but the results have always been the same" said Tom.

"Mr. and Mrs. Norman, the test performed in our hospital are among the most reliable in Sindara."

"Perhaps his results were simply mixed by mistake with those of another person, simply retesting him will confirm the situation."

"If that's what you want, we will retake the exams even though I think the probability of different results is very low, but that might be for the best" 

Tom and Céline looked at the doctor with an interrogative glance, the doctor more and more aware of the interest of Mr. and Mrs. Norman added.

"It's just for confirmation" before reaching out for Tom and Celine's hands.

"I'll see you in two days for your son's results."

"Thank you Doctor"

"Thank you Doctor"

Celine and Tom headed back to their son's room. Anck, who was waiting for their return seated on the bed, then got up, took his bag that he had placed at his feet and followed his parents to the exit.

0