Chapter 23 : Anck
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     The old continent is how they called the continent before the signature of the peace treaty. 


September 27, 2312

Anck

"Whoa I can't believe it" said Anck. He suddenly rose from his chair and started to circle around the dining table, passing his hand with repetition in his hair before, that one stopped and rested on his face, he grumbled a mixture of words that only he could understand.

"Anck sit down, you're going to make me dizzy if you continue like that" Said Celine.

"I think he needs a little time to accept the news" added Tom.

      In Anck's head a myriad of questions arose 'how is this possible? What should he do? How do evolved use their power? And especially what kind of powers does he have?'

      'At least one of these questions can have an answer immediately' he thought.

"What is my type of power?" he asked, covering the silence surrounding them.

"We're not sure at the moment, you'll have to retake the identification test, but the doctor told us that your statistics were similar to those of the evolved tank" said Tom.

"Like your father" Celine added.

      Anck was not really surprised by his parents' response, he could feel it, source, he could feel it circulate inside his body, inside his veins as if it had always been part of his blood, all his life. 

      

Ancient civilizations of one of the old continents had discovered its presence in the human body and its importance, at the time they called it Qi. Source was the key element that defined tank superhuman, it could strengthen the human body up to several dozen times the resistance of a defective. Super human tanks like his father could easily lift a car, or even a bus with their hands without much trouble. 

"I was sure of it" Anck said.

"You were sure?" asked Tom. 

"I can feel it... Source... Qi..."

     Anck had not realized the shock that his announcement had just made and the surprise of his father following that one as he was still absorbed by his own discovery. But he was quickly brought back to reality by the two hands that landed on his shoulders stopping him in his walk.

"You can feel a source?" asked Tom, the excitement in the tone of his voice was feverish, so fiery that Anck had completely ignored the fact that he was shaken from left to right by his father.

"Tom stop, you could hurt him, and he won't be able to answer if you keep shaking him like that."

"Oh... so-sorry... I got carried away," said Tom, raising his hands above his shoulders like an hostage would do during a burglary.

     He took a few steps back and then sat down next to Celine's chair. 

"Anck, sit down and tell your father what you feel"

"Hum... Ok" 

"It's like something is circulating in my veins, like a current.....  not electric but rather like the current of a river, the current of water"

"Oh and I feel like it's stronger than a few days ago"

"Stronger than a few days ago?"

"It was when I opened my eyes at the hospital that I felt it for the first time. Is that normal? You look weird"


     At that moment Tom and Celine remembered the moment their son had woken up at the hospital, during their discussion with the doctor just minutes before Chris told them both that he had woken up, they felt like a call, as if someone was looking for them but Chris's appearance had quickly erased that thought of them. Was it Anck's doing. It could have, especially since he was not yet aware of the presence of a source in his body.

0