Chapter 0: Prologue
101 6 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A year ago, humankind fell on their knees when humans start to disappear from the world.

During that time, some people don't want to go outside of their house because they don't know when it will be their turn to disappear.

The government has prohibited the use of vehicles and allow people to walk only. Many adults stop working and start staying with their family or waiting in their house, watching the world before they begin to disappear too while others don't want to wait for their disappearance and decide their fate.

The government has been investigating where people have disappeared.

They have done many kinds of the experiment but to no avail. People with authority starting to dissipate and what's left in the government have concluded their investigation. Soon, everyone will fall on fate's hand.

But a certain someone never loses hope and continuing his investigation, although no one is unable to find a clue.

Inside a room, a man is sleeping on the desk. There are many papers filled with writing and pictures of people disappearing on the counter. In front of the sleeping man, a wall has been drawn with a circle. Although the circle on the wall looks incomplete, the circle vaguely looks like a magic circle. Besides the circle, a lot of papers have been written on.

The man opened his eyes and woke up. If you look at the man, there is a bruise on his face that looks like some had punched him. He pinched the bridge of his nose and started sighing.

Before he sleeps on the desk, he had gone outside to find people that have a sign of disappearing and start taking pictures of them. This act was quite immoral to the people present. A certain someone was about to meet their demise, but suddenly someone takes pictures of them. Won't you feel angry when that happens?

The man's name is Kagawa Satoshi. He has messy dark hair and bags under his eyes. His look is very typical and not worth mentioning. He starts looking at the clock behind him.

"I have slept for quite a long time, huh." I immediately stand up and start going downstairs.

The rooms are lit with the candles because there are no longer electric flowing inside his house. He opened his refrigerator that was no longer working and pick up canned food and start opening it.

He looks inside the refrigerator with 15 canned food left inside.

"I'm not going to survive with this amount of food left. But where should I scavenge? All the markets without an owner nearby have been stolen without leaving anything behind, and I don't have money left to buy food. Maybe I should start to resort to farming? But it's going to take a while before a plant bears fruit."

I closed the refrigerator door and sat down on a chair beside the dining table. I start eating the food inside the can and look at the photo of my family inside the frame at the other of the table. Beginning to feel depressed, I look away.
This day is going to mark a year since the disappearance of my family. When will I start disappearing; I need to know where my family had gone to, goddamnit.

'In the end, I'm still stuck inside the darkness without discovering a significant clue. The only clue I obtained was that mysterious circle that looks like a magic circle.' I was surprised when I had finished half of the circle. I start going through everything that related to the circle. The magic circle is something that was used as a ritual, and it contains sacred or cursed energy based on the research that has been around.

If that was the case, someone had done a ritual. But who could it be?
All of a sudden, a spark of light flew upward in front of me. I was confused at first, but when I look below myself, I saw a faint light at my legs and start to panic.

'I'm starting to disappear!'

After a year waiting for myself to disappear, I finally retain the hope of finding my family!

I immediately unsheathe a knife under the table that was supposed to be for a home invader to armed myself.

I look at my family's photo one last time before disappearing into an unknown place.


 

0