Chapter 2: First hunt
38 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After seeing its prey got away, it stopped chasing and walk away. It keeps walking into the fog to continue its killing spree inside its domain.

I stare at the monster that slowly walks into the fog. I don't want to go inside that place again. There's nothing good happen if I go back inside there.

After the adrenaline rush inside me is depletingI start to feel exhausted after being chased by the monster.

I breathe in and out to calm my breathing and sit down to recover my energy after running with everything I got.

While I was recovering my energyYuki and I introduce each other again with details this time to get ourselves known better. The conversation between him and me was an easy one, and he lowered his guard too.

He completely trusted me.

It's not easy to gain someone's trust, but if someone is willing to risk their lives to help you, then there is no need for further discussion about trust.

After we recovered most of our energy to continue the journey in this hell world, I stand up and look at the place behind me. Unlike the unpleasant forest where The Thing resides, this forest has no creepy vibe and resembles a completely normal-looking forest. It also has no disgusting smell. So that means there is no one who died in the wild.

We walked directly inside the forest while keeping our guards up. The high bushes that reach our waist are covering most of the ground inside this forest. I was extremely uncomfortable about this because there could be a possibility of monsters is hiding under these bushes and could attack both of us.

Nothing happened when we were walking inside the forest.

But there was a surprising fact about this place; a huge boar is roaming around in this forest. There is a normal-looking animal in this sh*thole place. We were hungry and thought about capturing the boar, but both of us possess no good weapon except for a kitchen knife. I doubt I can kill that boar before that thing annihilates me first.

After aimlessly walking around, we were finally out of the forest and saw a ruined stone house exposed out in the plain.

I told Yuki to wait near the forest, and I walk toward the house. I opened the door and looked inside the house. This house is screaming that it was made in medieval times. There is a couple of broken furniture, a fireplace, and a Red-dyed floor and wall in certain areas. There's no need to guess what dyed the floor and the wall. It's human blood. That means there is a monster residing in this forest.

I signaled Yuki to come inside and commence the search around the house to see if there is a monster hiding inside this house. This house has a spacious living room, a basement, one large bedroom, and a small guestroom. Behind this house, there is a fenced backyard.

After searching around the house, we confirmed that no monsters were hiding inside this house.

It is just an empty, abandoned house.

I feel relaxed and sit at the nearby chair. I can finally say this is the most exhausting day I've been through in my entire life.

I look at Yuki that is tapping the ground with his foot while seeming to be in thought. He looks at me and said

"Maybe you should start making a reliable weapon to prepare for an incoming disaster. You can't risk your neck with that small kitchen knife to defend yourself. You don't need to worry about me. I obtained some interesting things when we were searching."

Yuki ran to the basement and came back with something in his hand. It's a bow. 

This bow is still in good shape, and the string is still durable. He also came back with five quivers. A single quiver has 17-20 arrows, and if we count the rest of them, there should be more than 80 arrows.

"I also found this broomstick in the basement. We can take the pole and merge this pole and your knife to make a spear."

I'm surprised at this kid's survivalist thinking.

"Where did you learn all of this?"

".. Uhh, from TooYoube?"

My eyes twitched a little a bit. This kid...

We went to the forest to get a strong organic string in the forest to tie the knife and the pole. After finding the string, I immediately tied it with my knife hard enough so it won't come loose.

I felt unstoppable after acquiring a good weapon. My hunger is getting worse, and Yuki seems to be thinking the same thing too. We need to hunt that huge boar.

We instantly went inside the forest to hunt the huge boar. Other than boars, there were other animals. But the boar is the only that resembles animals in the earth. I can't imagine myself eating the unknown monster that lives here.

The boar is just standing, and it is eating a dead monster that lives here.

Yuki and I separate and tried to get ourselves a suitable spot to ambush.

We wait for the boar to lower its guard so we can have a successful ambush.

The boar standing means that it still on guard to its surroundings, but seeing the dead monster is about to turn into a skeleton anytime soon.

Yuki pulled and shot his arrow at the boar's head.

Guoor!

'What?'

Instead of sounding like an actual boar, it sounded like an entirely different animal.

Please don't do this to me. You're shattering my hope that you're a boar, not just another monster that lives here.

While the 'boar' is roaring in pain, I rushed to the 'boar' and thrust my spear.

My spear didn't precisely penetrate the boar's skin. But it was good enough to let it scream in pain again.

Yuki then shoots another arrow with devastating blows this time.

It hit the boar's eyes, and the boar is on a berserk.

The boar ran away from the scene, and we immediately chase after the boar.

The boar ran very fast. We could only watch it bleed until it died while chasing after the boar.

Suddenly, the boar seems to be smashed onto something. I was confused at first, but then I saw a line in front of the boar. I guess even the monster that lives here can't get out of here. It fell and looks desperate, standing up to run away.

But no, I'm not going to allow it to run away again.

I thrust my spear again and this time. It's a critical strike since the boar is no longer moving to run away again.

Finally, something to eat!

I wanted to celebrate so hard for this kind of achievement, but then I saw a cloud of smoke rising from far away.

Weird, I look at the line and saw the line separating the grass and the rocky surface. On the other side, it doesn't seem possible to live inside that place.

What could this mean? Is there someone from my world trying to survive in a place where living things can't survive inside it or is it just another normal thing in this hell world?


 

0