Chapter 4.5: Extra Story
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lily Hughes's Perspective


A stranger is forcefully carrying me to somewhere unknown. My head hurts really bad from behind. I feel like I'm starting to remember something...

When did this all happen?

I was supposed to have a vacation with my family and my parents in Japan. I took a trip to Japan with everyone I know is because I was overstressed from the work that was given by my boss. I was happy to see two of my kids are excited to sight-seeing in Japan.

But when did everything go wrong?

When my family and I are resting in the hotel room to spend some time together for the last time on the final day of vacation, we watched the television to fill our boredom. Suddenly, all of the channels become static and then was turned back on again with news flashing on the screen. There were two news reporters with a pale-looking face, they tried to calm themselves and start their report. The report is about a large number of people are disappearing into thin air and it's happening all over the world. I was a bit sceptical about the news. I mean, who would believe that people are disappearing into thin air? And a large number of people at that?

I closed the television and start packing stuff inside the bag. When we were about to leave the hotel, one of the hotel's staff refused to let my family and I go. The hotel's staff tried many things to keep my family inside the hotel, like giving the offer to stay inside the hotel for free provided with free food inside the hotel. I refused to stay in the hotel any longer because I have a job that needs to be done in America.

When the staff is about to give even more sweet offers to us, blinding light is coming out from her leg. Her face was ashen when she saw the light is coming from her leg. She tried to scream for help, but she couldn't make it and disappeared into thin air. I was baffled when I see the staff disappeared right in front of me. I look at my family who had their jaw dropped seeing the staff disappeared. Before I closed the television, I've heard about disappeared light a little bit in the news, and that is, this blinding light isn't discriminating anyone. I feel both terrified and afraid, thinking about what would happen to my family. Right now, they were only staring at the sparkle of light that was left behind by the blinding light that surrounded one of the hotel's staff.

When I was thinking, a light can be seen from below of my eyes. I was scared that it might be me. But it turns out that one of my kid is emitting a blinding light from his feet. My heart sank when I see the light is coming out of my kid. I don't know what to do and starts to feel anxious, I hugged my kid tightly, afraid of him being surrounded by the light. But it was proven to be in vain when I couldn't feel his body anymore. Seeing the sparkle of light in front of me, I tried to grab it but after seeing that I was grabbing nothing, I fell on my knees and cried.

I lost my beloved child.

After the loss of my kid, we stayed inside the hotel room with a gloomy atmosphere. We were sitting down on the dining chair and look at each other with a depressing face. My husband tried to cheer me but his face is filled with sadness too, so he couldn't cheer me up. We stayed inside the hotel for a long time.

One by one,

The seat that was used to be filled with my family members is now empty. We couldn't do anything to save ourselves from this predicament. We could only watch each other and say goodbye to them when they're about to disappear. My husband and I were the only ones that still haven't disappeared. It's almost a year since the news about people disappearing. My husband and I stay by side. He tried his best to make me not feel depressed but alas, he also disappeared a few days later.

I couldn't bear to continue my life any further without any reason to stay alive in this cruel world. I stand up and went to the kitchen. I grabbed the knife and put it on my wrist. When I was about to commit suicide, I saw light coming from down below. I look at my feet and sure enough, I was about to be surrounded by this mysterious light. I couldn't tell whether to be happy or worried. I decided to resign my fate to the mysterious light. I put my hopes up to see if it's possible to see where everyone that I loved had gone into. I lay down the knife to the floor and start closing my eyes.

I could feel both cold and heat sensation at the same time. I tried to endure this uncomfortable feeling for a while. After that, everything seems to be stopped, and I opened my eyes.

I'm in rocky places with nothing in sight. I couldn't help but feel uneasy about this place. Then, I saw multiple people coming toward me. I call for help but I still feel uneasy. After I got closer, they hit me with something in the back of my head and I fainted there on the spot.

When I woke up, I was being carried by a stranger to somewhere. I couldn't resist, and they threw me inside the cage. I was accompanied by other women, but they seem to be emotionless. I tried to talk with one of them, but they only look at me with dead eyes. I stayed inside the cage silently.

After a while, a person opened the cage and dragged one of the lifeless women away from the cage. The women suddenly filled with energy and tried to resist the man. The man can't stand the woman that tried to resist, so he punched her right in the face. I tried to stand up for her, but I got punched in the stomach before I could do anything. I was lying on the ground in pain and could only watch the woman dragged away.

Her clothes were ripped and tied to the pole. The man and his company lift up the woman tied in the pole and sent her to the bonfire. The woman struggle even more to escape but it was in vain. She was put above the fire and keep screaming for help. I tried smashing the cage with a kick, but it wasn't enough. I could only stare at her being burned alive.

After three days, I saw all kinds of thing happened inside this cage. I was yet to be chosen to be eaten or intercourse with one of them. I had guessed that these emotionless women had been through a lot of things. They gave people in the cage some leftover food with dirt all around it. I had to fight with other women to get food.

After a while, the cage opened again and they stare at me with wolf eyes. I immediately became scared.

'No!'

I stand up and headbutt to one of them, I immediately start running away from the place. The person that looked in pain from the headbutt points at me and start talking to the three men behind him, then they start to chase after her.

I ran as fast as I could until I saw a line separating rocky places and a normal forest from the other side. I keep running and I saw a cloud of smoke coming from far away. I followed the direction of where the smoke came from. People that chase after me start to get closer, so I start sprinting with everything I had. After that, I got out of the forest and saw a ruined stone house. I couldn't call for help because I'm almost out of breath. I just scream to the top of my lung and became extremely tired.

I was about to fall unconscious when I saw the door is opened and a young man with a spear comes out of the house. Inside my mind, I pray to God that this is a kind person that will help her.

0