Clarence Family (2)
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Get yourself together father," she stared hard at his startled eyes.

She cherished her father and she'd do anything to bring the ambitious and bright man he once was but she knew no matter how hard she tried, it was pointless. Without his efforts, she simply couldn't crawl him out from his world of void.

Lowering her sword, Hercilia was feeling all kinds of emotions. She wanted to scream at her father but her heart was against it. Instead, she started packing her belongings and disregarded her father's shouts.

When she got everything she needed for herself and her brother, she walked to her father and gazed lifelessly over him.

"I'm going to the Capital and I'm bringing Arthur with me. You stay here and once I become a truly worthy Knight, I promise to send you a heap of gold coins," she said, not leaving for arguments. Turning her back once more, with her baggage in her left and her sword in her right hand, she darted out of the house.

It was once a heartwarming home but it was all shredded apart, turning her heart bitter and frozen.

She felt like crying but her heart wouldn't allow it. It wasn't the best time to cry, she thought.

Tightening the grip on her sword, she searched for Arthur, her thirteen-year-old brother. He was often seen playing with his friends next door but sadly, his visits to his friends and father will come to an end.

Standing before her neighbour's residence, she saw a young red-haired boy running and laughing. Taking a deep breath, in one swift movement, she grabbed her brother and tossed him above her shoulders. He gracefully sat on her strong broad shoulders and his face washed over in dizziness and confusion.

She knew to do this against his will was all wrong but it left her with no choice. Arthur would run if he heard of what she was about to do.

"W-What's the matter with y-you?!" he asked after setting his sight around him.

"Arthur, we're going to the Capital so be sure to be at your best behaviour." He didn't say a word as he felt mad, unhappy and delight. She didn't question his silence as she knew her younger brother.

He was excited and so was she.

0