Chapter – 8
58 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Most of them hadn’t recognized the killing machine as Hachiman, so they were curious about the identity of this man who was able to trample the monsters they’d barely been able to fend off.

“What the... What the heck is he!?” Tobe watched in disbelief, still too exhausted to even speak properly. Though they didn’t say it out loud, everyone was thinking the same thing. The one who provided them all with answers was Ebina.

“Haha, you probably won’t believe me, but... that’s probably Hachiman.”

“What!?”

Everyone stared at Ebina. She could tell they all thought she was crazy. Granted, it was understandable. But it was the truth, so all she could do was shrug her shoulders. 

"Like, who else would have those dead fish-eyes?"

Understanding finally dawned on them as they watched Hachiman clean off the last vestiges of Cattleya's monsters.

The reason why they were able to communicate with each other despite the great ruckus was that Yui had created another barrier to shield them in case something unexpected were to happen, which also ended being effective against potent noises.

Seeing that his classmates were safe and sound, Hachiman nodded ever so slightly and transmuted a wall of transparent Orichalcum to impede temporarily their access to the teleporting room. The last thing he wanted was to watch someone die due to a careless mistake.

The outcome of this match was clear. Seeing Hachiman distracted, as one last-ditch attempt, she activated a self-destructive spell so that at least she could fall with him. 

Hachiman spared the growing circle a brief glance and then judged it not to be
a threat. He ignored the spell entirely and simply said one word as he grabbed one of her arms.

"Transmute."

And with that word, the entirety of her mana reserves vanished.

In its place, steam began to come out in tidal waves. Which's white colour eventually blended with the dimly illuminated room.

Hayama and the others gasped, while the demon screamed.

Having one's mana entirely emptied in one go wasn't pleasant in any way to humans or demihumans. However, to demonkind, a mana dependant species, it was beyond agonizing. 

The very thing that granted them a superior affinity to magic was also one of their biggest weakness. 

"You... damned monster. Are you really human? No measly human can do those things." 

"You'd be surprised."

Hachiman simply transmuted again and severed her spinal nerves, effectively rendering her unconscious and also a cripple as she wasn't going to ever be able to access her mana core again either.

There was no doubt that she was going to die after having all of her information extracted by the Holy Church anyway so there was no point in bothering to treat her with care.


Toaru Addenda


"I will explain everything once we get back to the castle."

The enigma that was Hachiman only kept growing as he proceeded to keep his mouth shut the entire span of time in which they got out of the dungeon and rode the carriages back to the capital city.

He appeared to be sleeping as he had his eyes closed the majority of the trip, immobile. 

Curiosity filled the student's minds but they knew better than to disturb someone armed with freaking guns. 


Toaru Addenda


"Cattleya's soul stone has just ceased to burn."

An immense aura began to weight on the occupants of the headquarters as Freid Bagwa's glass shattered from his anger.

This aura disappeared right after as a cold calculating gaze replaced his outburst of emotion.

"We have underestimated them."

No answer was expected, he was stating a fact. Several aged strategists sighed as they knew what was coming next.

Freid stood up and called upon his elite troops.

"Grand Gruen Volcano's labyrinth shall be defeated in the name of the one true God!"


Toaru Addenda


"Your Grace, the demons are retreating from Ur as a Klarus dragon has been sighted flying over the zone."

"Hmmm?"

Ishtar's eyes twinkled as he assimilated the unexpected report.

"So the damn heathens have finally decided to show themselves huh."

He couldn't contain his laugh as all of his plans were slowly coming to fruition. Had a bystander been near him, they would have never guessed that the origin of the mad crackle was from the respected personification of dignity.


It might have been a bit short but meh. Everyone needs a bit of filler every once in a while.

2