Chapter Thirty-Two
707 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Obligatory Disclaimer : I do not own anything (except maybe OC characters) all characters, places, worlds, universes…etc mentioned here belong to their respective owners and/or companies. 

This is purely a work of fiction. Not meant to offend or incite, but to entertain and (maybe) inspire.


TITAN FALL


MILKY WAY GALAXY.

SOL SYSTEM, EARTH.

HELICARRIER.

“Where is Justin Hammer?” Fury asked, wiping the blood from the cards off his fingers. 

“He’s gone sir.” Agent Hill responded. The man had left while was busy Fury giving his speech to the avengers, or what remained of them. 

The alien god was missing, as was the Hulk. Barton—who had been under Loki’s control—was currently in quarantine and being watched over by the Widow. 

Tony and Rogers were the only ones active and actually combat ready.

“Where to?”

“His HQ, he said to pass on a message sir; An invasion was coming and New York was likely to be hit. Manhattan to be exact” 

“Reasoning?” Fury asked, wanting to know exactly how Hammer knew where said invasion would occur.

“He didn’t say.” She told, watching the director’s brow crease into a frown. This was why Fury was on the fence when it came to super geniuses, especially the businessmen, information was worth its weight in gold, and gold was something they didn’t give freely. 

But for Hammer to share such data without any proof behind it meant he knew something they didn’t. Fury didn’t know what that thing was, but the man hadn’t been wrong so far and it would be wise to not doubt it. Trust wasn’t something someone in his position placed in a lot of things or people, but this was a risk he had to take.

“Alert the armed forces and law enforcement, advise them on ground deployment and civilian evacuation protocols.”

“On it sir” Maria knew that hadn’t the Helicarrier been so damaged, it too would be part of the evacuation methods.

“I know where he’s going!” Tony burst in, armed in his Iron Man suit. “Loki, he’s headed for the Stark Tower.”

“In Manhattan.” Fury said, sharing a knowing look with Maria. 

Hammer was right…again.

*.*.*.* 

MILKY WAY GALAXY.

SOL SYSTEM, EARTH.

HAMMER BASE#4

???

Justin Hammer hummed from beneath the neuro Interfacer—a helmet-like device designed to function with his psionic implant— he tapped his chin and allowed the cherry candy to melt on his tongue as information beamed into his brain. His mind raced through the simulations, witnessing the countless outcomes of the actions he would soon take—as far as the computational power and input threshold allowed.

“End simulations.” He ordered, disconnecting the retracted Interfacer from the base of his skull as he exited the pod, clad in his armor.

“Updates.” He said, folding his arms as holograms came alive displaying 3D live of the current New York skyline wherein the blue edged, roiling, coal black maw of a portal yawned open, tearing a doorway through spatial canvass of blue and sparsely clouded sky.

The portal was sustained by a resplendent beam of concentrated energy which abidingly ascended from the peak of the Stark Tower.

“Boss, she’s here.” Said his partner—possibly the only being in existence he had a fraction of trust for—dressed in a pristine, form hugging, office secretary wear. 

“Let her in.” He said, retrieving his mask from her hands, spending a moment to caress the familiar metal faceplate before snapping it over his features. The runes clicked into place, the familiar flow of magic could be felt through the pores of his skin as it circuited within his armor. He basked in the warm inferno of god-force radiating power through his core, yet remained humbled by the cold sting of death’s imprint from where her bony palm had touched his mask.

“Ancient One, it’s always a pleasure to see you.” He said with mirth.

“Hammer, you seem…prepared” She responded in kind.

“Oh this.” He pointed at his mask and armor. “Yea, you know what they say about crushes.”

“I don’t actually, enlighten me.” She rapped her fan shut.

“Dress to impress and such.” He chuckled, to which she hummed and eyed the one beside him, a striking young lady with unique pupil-less eyes. 

“Flattered.” Said The Ancient One her attention on the one next to Hammer, she sensed the immense amount of power strength hidden beneath her athletic build, and realized without a doubt that it couldn’t be human. She caught whiffs of faded celestial power, potent draconic essence and something divine, Asgardian maybe. 

“This is Eve, my one and only.” He gestured, “Eve, meet the Ancient One.” The female leveled a scrutinizing gaze at her, its intensity lowered only when Hammer whispered something in her ear.

“What is it you want, Justin Hammer?” She asked. She hoped and prayed to the Three that the man wouldn’t ask to borrow the infinity gem in her possession. In fact she wished that he didn’t ask for anything, but knew that was too much to hope for. So she prepared all the terrible and forbidden spells in her library, ready to let him take his pick. 

 “Relax ‘mother’ I don’t want the time stone—yes, I know you have it—or your spells. I just need you to do your part in a plan of mine, like I did in yours.”

“As you are aware, there is an alien invasion currently in process. My duties as the sorcerer supreme demand my presence in such urgent matters. Be swift with your pitch?” She was relieved, yet burdened by unease. What could be more important than acquiring something as powerful as an infinity gem to Hammer? 

“I know we don’t have much time so listen closely.” He had much to accomplish within such a shallow timeframe and as such bore no intentions of squandering precious time. 

He pointed at the holographic image which materialized in the center of their standing. The Ancient One swallowed down her trepidation, as she did the question of how Hammer gained knowledge of him. 

She stifled the sheer chill that came with the realization and implications. What did he know and what did he not? She imagined he had a smile hidden beneath that silver mask of his.

“This is Thanos, and he is going to die today.” He stated, pointing at the three-dimensional image of the purple skinned despot. “This is the plan….”


*.*.*.*.*

×

*.*.*.*.*


ANDROMEDA GALAXY.

BINARY STAR UI33V1, ARBENTH PRIME.

SANCTUARY II

This is not a tale. This is not a story told to children under dark skies and over warm campfire. This is history as the gods recall in all its glorious and gory detail. This is a record as writ in the Book of Books, within the unending library of the cosmos. This is fact as witnessed and it is…

Arbenth; home-world of the Arbenths—humanoid beings with sand swept gray skin tones and glowing pink eyes—was a colossal world with a magnitude of thousand mile wide acoustic canyons and Arboreal poet trees which bear leaves upon which are inscribed words from the universe, beautiful phrases and paragraphs of literally magnificence told to hold the power to grant enlightenment and a euphoric experience beyond words . 

Tribes live on the ends of acoustic canyons and come autumn they make yearlong journeys through the valleys, singing words of eternity as etched upon the leaves. Their voices are rivers of honey blending into milk from the amplification effect of the sound ravines. 

Angels visit for inspiration, moons circle the multi-choir world like dancers close to the source of music, gods are humbled by the divine voices of a people who know not war or conflict, whose purity of soul is conveyed through every note and pitch, known and unknown. 

Marthel scrubs the rain from her forehead with the crook of her elbow, the ichor burns her eyes when they get it. Her jade robes are soaked in red, blue and purple. The same colors that flood the ravines, crashing towards the unlucky caught within and swallowing them up.

It is blood, she knows this from the scent and feel and from the occasional limb and body that falls from the sky, cratering the ground and crushing those beneath it. 

Blood rains from the skies, a sign of the apocalypse as the gods tumble above. She holds her children’s hands, she cannot let go or the incoming wave would swallow them.

The sky over her darkens and she immediately jumps to the side, pulling her young with her. The corpse of a leviathan cladded in armor slams down on her previous location. Her young scream; in terror and pain, their voice cuts through her with agony, but all they can do is endure. The force of the creature’s fall is large enough to create a pit, as such it kicks up dust and hurls sharp rock shards. 

The shards tear through their flesh and they are lucky for the cuts are shallow. Those standing at the forefront bear the brunt of the barrage, some are impaled, some are mauled and gorged, they share the same fate despite the distinction, death.

Screams, death and dread fill the air and reverberate through the great crevices—it is a dark, somber and fatally enticing symphony unlike any other.

Something pries itself out of the giant carcass, tearing through the armor and implants of the snake like being with ease. The being possesses eyes that burn demon red through a smooth, featureless face. Blood from the leviathan carcass drips down its mighty form as it observes them but for a moment, returning its focus to the fresh and bleeding carcass.

It stretches out a cracked metal arm, sparks flow across its arm’s length and the break heals, the crack restored. It opens its palms and points at the leviathan, unleashing a beam of cool blue light, out of which tiny insect type creatures crawl out of.

 Marthel considers they look akin to Yints—tiny and harmless critters that children gather up for their games. The creatures scatter, a single one separates from the swarm to latch onto the carcass. Despite all logic being against what she witnesses, she knows it to be true; the insect expands, becoming almost as wide as the leviathan itself, sinking its claws into the warm corpse. Before her very own tear filled eyes, it fades out of existence with the clutched carcass.

“Mala!” Her child sobs wiping blood from his eyes and nose, she is gripping too hard on their hands. She is scared, she had been since the blood rain started and the fall of bodies, but this terrifies her, because more of the critters litter the ground and she is afraid that they will make her and her children vanish as they did to the giant cadaver.

She looks through lavender and red condensation to the god-thing and falls to her knees, about to beg for the lives of her remaining family. She inhales and chokes on the assaulting and thick taste of blood in the air. The god-thing waits not for her to regain composure nor does it cast a glance her way as it ascends back into the blood sodden skies.

Over the graveyard of battle, she spots various other god-things, each perfectly similar to the other, slaughtering great giants, towering behemoths, gargantuan leviathans and armed foot soldiers and making them all disappear. 

To the afterlife. She presumes. These god-things are servants of death, all they kill they send to its realm. She wipes her nostrils on the sides of her head clean of ichor, the blood fog slightly obscures her vision and breathing. Something catches her eye, a leaf beneath her feet with a single, transfixing inscription.

“Ath” She whisper sings. “Ath” She repeats, tears of red trailing down the smooth surface of her oval, stone gray face. It is the apocalypse, it is death, it is…beautiful beyond comprehension. Her mind fractures at the realization and a manic, broken smile dawns on her face. 

In the silent and bloodied space ways Eve directs the Doombots 2.0 aka Nandroids—the soldier units created in a similar visage to her boss but with a crimson color scheme. They were heavily armed, ultradurable with self-repairing, storage and size altering capacity. Best of all, they were neigh innumerable, as many as grains in desert sand. She controls their algorithm, improving and refining it on the fly, making them even more effective in —executing tactics and cooperative strategies—murder. 

Corpses littered space above the gigantic planet below; large swaths of Outriders, Leviathans, Chitauri Gorillas and anything remotely hostile hovered lifeless in space, accompanied by an armada of unresponsive ships and dead crafts, ranging from Qships, Necrocrafts, to Outrider dropships—she took personal pleasure in being the direct cause of that. Only to begin disappearing once clouds of scavenger bots were released, converging upon their bulks and shuffling them away into Pym storage cells.

She smiled, pleased at regaining resources at such a rapid and convenient rate. 

Her fingers grew white hot from the particle excitors hidden beneath, she flew fifty-five degrees to the left and lashed out like a maddened conductor to an orchestra of darkness, razor-thin beams of death waved through the vacuum like frantic disco laser lights. The deadly rays sliced surgically clean through whatever was in their path, leaving matter—organic or not—into sectioned pieces. It was a song only she knew as her fingers weaved and bobbed, crested and valleyed, spelling murder and destruction, lighting up the silent, star dotted expanse in colorful explosions and fatal polychromatic threads. 

A circle flashed to life, vanishing as soon as it appeared only to spit out the mangled corpse of the foe she recognized as Ebony Maw, his head gruesomely hanging by a thin fold of skin, his features marred in terror and reluctance—the boss had been brutal with that one. 

She channeled through the surveillance system of ‘Sanctuary II’ while she sliced apart leviathans and dealt death to creatures trapped within dead machinery—courtesy of her hacking and disabling them. Of course, the system was alien, but it was nevertheless a system, and a lifeless one at that, something that offered very little resistance to her abilities. She commanded machines with the same ease an able-bodied human might move their limbs and fingers. 

She saw him progress through the interior hallways, ripping apart Chitauri foot soldiers with bored ease. he proceeded deeper, coming in contact with the rest of the Black Order; Corvus Glaive, Cull Obsidian, Proxima midnight and Nebula—children of Thanos, trained killers, deadly warriors and vicious generals. Outstanding beings of terror in their own rights. 

Their distinguished figures stood at the forefront of a standing army of elite Chitauri soldiers armed to the teeth. 

Nebula rejoiced that Gamora remained absent, sent out on a mission of course, but nevertheless absent. She would use this opportunity to show that she wasn’t useless, that she wasn’t the weakest of Thanos’ children.

She glared at the intruders, promising to deliver their heads to her father with her own two hands. He would praise her, he would exalt her for her achievements and finally, rightly, recognize her. Her fingers tightened over the familiar grip of her energy daggers.

“You stand before the Black Order; Kneel now, and your death will be swift.” Corvus Glaive presented. 

“You must be the retarded one.” The mockery cut deep. Corvus promised to have his tongue for the affront.

“RaaARGH!” Roared the intolerant Cull Obsidian, the most physically powerful of Thanos’ children and the second most sadistic. 

He had no need for patience, not when the enemy was within sight and without armies to protect them. He attributed the current defeated state of their army to the strategic and surprise attacks which took out the majority of their machinery and weapons.

He also attributed the duo’s unchecked progress to the seeming fact that they had yet to face the Black Order. Perhaps had he been aware of Maw’s demise he might have reconsidered such bold opinions, yet he would not have the relief to.

The metal flooring dented beneath his feet as he bolted for the male, ignoring the robed female by his side altogether. The scent of blood was thick on that one, and it was the physically superior of the trespassing duo. Cull Obsidian swore to claim the figure’s viridian cloak for himself, and keep its featureless mask as a trophy.

Cull Obsidian hefted his mighty chain-hammer up, high above his head and with a great leap, he bounded for the masked intruder, his powerful chain-hammer whooshing down with wind parting force. He snarled in pleasure as the masked male remained frozen in place. Yes, this was how weaker lifeforms responded to unimaginable threat. 

His maws widened, saliva staining his canines in sick, delicious glee, the weapon in his hand about to flatten the masked male. 

—Shing!

Cull Obsidian saw a metallic glint flash past his eyes, before he even heard the sound. 

The masked intruder side stepped, allowing Cull Obsidian to fruitlessly sail past him, chain-hammer still in hand. 

He grunted as he came to a hard stop behind the masked figure, stumbling a step forward as he hefted his hammer up to resume his attack, preferably on the intruder’s unguarded back.

Cull Obsidian caught the gaze of his brethren beyond the duo, who looked at him with varying expressions. His brow furrowed in annoyance as he tried approaching the intruder only to have his body refuse his commands. He was assaulted by an itch so intense it made him grit his teeth in agony, sweat turned his vision red. He squinted and — 

Plop. 

—He stared down at his own eye, free of its protective socket, which lay in a small puddle of blood at his feet. 

What? He asked as he collapsed to his knees, his head falling open in four diagonal slices held together at the neck, giving a transactional view of raw tissue, organs and brain matter as he tumbled to the ground, his hammer clambering against the metal ground. 

Red, pungent blood profusely poured out of the perfectly divided slabs of meat and bone that once constituted his head as his body twitched and shuddered in demise, an expression of disbelief on his grisly sectioned face.

“Send the blue one to a holding cell, the rest die.” He ordered. 

She would chastise him for his tone with her at a better place and time. She portaled the startled cyborg away and conjured a shield for herself. The barrage of laser bolts shot at them dyed the passage a crimson glow, the bulk of them bouncing off the golden surface of her mandala shield.

She cast a side glance at her temporary partner, perhaps a bit worried for his safety, something she knew was unneeded. Justin’s shields flared to life only when the bolts came within range, it was a spherical, translucent force field that caused the bolts landing on it to fizzle out of existence as though it was absorbing the very energy of the bolts.

He unleashed his aura, the bolts came to a halt, breathing became a whisper, drowned out by the ridiculous pressure storm generated by the man, the invisible wave of raw power permeated throughout the ship. 

He progressed and she followed, almost shuddering. This was for the safety of Earth, one less threat was one more guarantee of the planet’s continued existence. 

He stepped on the corpses of the weaker willed that fell to his aura. 

He was brutal, ruthless and a dangerous threat. But one in Earth’s favor, an assurance that the planet would survive whatever disaster came its way, or should it come to it, die with the disaster too.

He slapped away Proxima Midnight’s baton trident away, wrapped his hand over her head and as soon as she was about to yell, turned with a bone crunching click. Her axial bones shattered as her head rotated a full 360 degrees like a spinning top, disconnecting from her neck in extreme gory detail that left the Ancient One frowning to swallow down her disgust. 

He was someone she would do well to have on her side. The future wasn’t set in stone, change was necessary, who more than her understood that fact. Acceptance was a hard thing. 

He ripped the shimmering glaive from Corvus’ bony grasp, held him by the neck and lifted the struggling alien up, slowly impaling the gasping Glaive with the acquainted length of his own spear, keeping his eyes locked with the dying alien’s as it kicked and clawed the unmoved arm for air, begging for the spear to be extracted from his insides. Blood trailed down the glaive’s obsidian length.

“Don’t beg.” He told. Digging fingers into Corvus’ neck and pulled, prying flesh and cartilage away, causing blood to spurt and spray as he tossed the corpse to the floor. He cast a momentary glance at the weapon in his hand, only to make it disappear to whatever storage dimension he kept on himself. 

Their stride was unimpeded, their advancement unstopped, opposition was butter and he was a red hot mallet. Soon enough the throne room came to view.

“This is it.” He said, standing at the massive doors that led within. 

“Illuminati.” He stretched out a fist, waiting for her to bump it. 

The Ancient One took in a deep breath, consoled herself that this would all be over with, she just had to endure for a little longer. 

“Illuminati.” She bumped her fist against his, perhaps infected by his glee, she too was in anticipation of what was to follow though she would rather die than admit out loud.

Hammer pushed the doors open and walked into the dimly lit room, and – the Ancient One conjured her shields the moment she sensed the threat.

BAANG!!

The Ancient One blinked away the crimson spots from her vision, stepping past molten metal and through the glowing hot archway with ringing ears. She hated explosions, second only to the noxious scent of seared metal. She waded in observing the extensive damage done; the blast had melted an entire section of the throne room and the passage to it.

“Hahah! That’s exactly what I’d do too.” He laughed, applauding as his forcefield silently faded, unharmed by the massive cannon bolt.

She looked upon the unignorable presence. Steady, menacingly sharp eyes peered at her from behind the golden helmet, his scarred face remained stoic. His towering and powerful build clad in resplendent battle armor. His presence was vast and powerful, vast enough to counter the effects of Hammer’s draconic aura.

He was Thanos the Mad Titan, conqueror of worlds, auras would not threaten him. 

“Sorcerer supreme.” He said to her, and then turned to Hammer. “Doom.” He snorted, throwing away the jerry-rigged cannon ripped from the ship’s bulk, the charge was gone and the weapon was ineffective. The Titan took up his double-edged sword. “I have faced many, few have been earthlings. None as insolent as the both of you have been. When this is over, after I mount your heads on my walls, your planet will bur—”

Sparks flared and disappeared at a moment’s notice; the chamber grew silent, disturbed only by the occasional thud of debris crashing against its exterior. She had swiftly portaled both of them away, cutting short the Titan’s speech in the process, as Hammer’s plan dictated.

“Goodluck Hammer.” She sincerely wished him. The universe wasn’t large enough to hold both of those men in it, that much was obvious. Only one would live, and with them, the fate of the world.

Illuminati. She whispered, funny that. 


*.*.*.*.*.*

ORaAHH!

Yes, I know! I can hear you scream it out loud. I know it was BLOODY AWESOME!!(and long too.)

Tell me RaiNation; my lovely citizens, my dudes and dudettes, kings and queens and everyone within and without…tell me ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

AM I NOT A GENEROUS EMPEROR!? I AM!

I hope you enjoyed it, I hope it made your day and gave you a massive blast(heh) of a time and experience. 

I hope it slaps like a nun with a ruler correcting a left handed child. Hehe. Had to really take my time with this one. Bad boi Doom Hammer is back at it, let’s see how it ends shall we.

Stay dangerous. Live safe. Take care till we meet again. 

The Piper and The Huntsman: https://www.amazon.com/Piper-Huntsman-Hunt-Reign-Reid-ebook/dp/B092RDS87S

GIGANTIC shout out and thanks to my Patrons, you do not realize the magnitude of good your support does. Thank you very, very much;

● Andreas Samuelsson (Slade Killson) ● Clinton (Titan Breaker) ● King_Reaper ( Kaiser Raiser ) ● PbookR (Infinity's Librarian) ● Ido Gormizo (Gravity's Tyrant) ● Godkingash (Heavenly Overlord) ●  Belduim (Moon Maker)● Douglas Pilkington (Storming Sword) ● Joseph Bipp (Bad Prince) ● Turtle (Slow Die) ● Aaron Kay (Mean Keyz) ● Devan Kincaid (Killa Tin) ● Wiley Chriis (Pierce Bonbon) ● Windblown leaf (Gale Force) ● OneManArmy (Gun Gator) ● Danny M (Phantomizer) ● Adam Moret (Kilforce) ● Leslye Pena (Red Sage) ● Alex Estrugo (Dion Jones) ● Yahya Mokheimer (King Rooter) ● Patrick Seastar (Jack Sins) ● Steve Tiam (Sky Dragon) ● Z3ro S1l3nce (Slender Ender) ●

Well, I'll leave you all to enjoy your day/night with me in your mind.

Till next time, Rain (the best ever) away!

You can come find me, 

ON TWITTER: @Rainreider https://twitter.com/RainReider

On PAT RE ON: https://www.patreon.com/ReidR41n

On YOUTUBE: https://is.gd/RaiNation

On INSTA (Where I post memes): @rainnmaine

35