Chapter 7 – The Raging Flames
142 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jessica didn’t believe she heard right.

“Huh?”

“I said come over here! Do you want to see your friend die by my hands?”

Jessica fidgeted for a moment. But she soon nodded and walked over to the man. When the two of them were facing eye to eye the man gave her an uncaring look.

“You idiot”

He immediately swung and stabbed his blade into Jessica’s belly. She stumbled back in shock as black blood gushed out of her stomach. Then all her strength vanished and she fell to the floor helplessly.

“Jessica!” cried Aletha as she pushed the ground and to got up. But the man swirled around and stabbed Aletha in the neck.

“Ghaa”

Aletha’s body fell to the floor andy froze. Pain, coldness and numbness were felt through her entire body. Black blood gushed out of her neck, she didn't feel much pain but the sight was terrifying.

“Hmph. My parablade has satisfied its hunger at least. Thank you ladies” said the man as he got up and walked towards the blue orb in the corner.

“Y-you, leave my father alone!” cried Aletha as she desperately tried to move her body but to no avail.

“Lie still or I’ll have to seriously hurt you two” said the man with a grumpy voice.

He looked at the blue orb with a wide grin and happily hopped over towards it.

“Ahh yes. Come on, give me everything you got mister” said the man and placed his palms on the orb.

Blue energy started being sucked into the man’s hands from the blue orb. The man let out a relieved moan as he felt strength surging throughout his body. There wasn’t anything more satisfying than this feeling of devouring. All the cells in his body tingled felt like it danced.

“Leave him alone!” screamed Aletha in horror.

“Tch, annoying bitch” mumbled the man to himself as he continued to suck away the orb’s energy.

Tears themselves gushed down Aletha’s cheeks. As much of an asshole his father sometimes could be. She still…she still cared for him. He was the only family member she was left with. He was always there for him. Even in the clip that played in her mind, she could see that the usual world version of her still cared for her father. 

********      
the usual world                
              
“Dad, dad” cried out Aletha as she vigorously shook his body.

Soon tears appeared on her face.

“Call the police, the ambulance. Do something!” she cried out.

Sarah was already on the phone and Jessica looked at the unconscious father and the crying daughter with sympathy.     
 
********
Dreamscape                 

“Don’t mess with me!” 

When Aletha said those words out loud with rage, fire emitted from her hands. It almost burned her clothes so she stopped. It seemed that the man did not notice this. He still continued his absorption with satisfaction. It pissed off Aletha. It really did. She tried to move herself but it was still not possible.

Then Aletha realized that a brick wall had suddenly materialized above the man. Lucky for the man, he saw the brick wall that was above him when he raised his head from orgasmically sucking on the life force of the soul. He quickly rolled backward and dodged the brick wall as it plummeted down to the ground with crash.

But Jessica was not done yet. With her imagination, she materialized dozens of knives in the air which all plunged at the man with great speed. But a dark energy wave that whirled from the ground and curled around the man’s body successfully defended him against the knives. Soon the energy took the shape of a giant worm monster. Its blazing white eyes peered towards Jessica. it’s disgustingly savage fangs and moved dripped a green saliva.  

“You little magician. You think you’re being cute?” shouted the man. 

“I am pretty adorable no? Hehe” said Jessica sarcastically while lying on the ground, paralyzed.

“Oh, it’s funny you say that. Crawler here enjoys feeding on the adorable”   

The man menacingly grinned towards Jessica. The worm ascended to the air.

Damn, I have to get up even if it kills me thought Aletha as she pushed the ground with all her strength.

The fiend dived towards Jessica and slammed into her back and bit her. Jessica cried out in pain and her head shook vibrantly. Soon her body started to twitch and her vision started to become fussy. 

“H-help” came a low voice from Jessica's mouth.

Seeing all this, something snapped within Aletha’s head.

“RAAGGGGHHH”

Within a moment Aletha’s whole body became ablaze. She could feel the heat of rage and hatred burning throughout her body. But this pain, it was welcome. Anything that can send that bastard to hell was welcome.

Aletha pushed the ground and got up to her feet. She looked at the man with an intent to kill. Seeing the blazing rage in her eyes even he was a bit startled. But it did not last long.

The man raised his hand towards her and the giant worm sprawled forward. Opening it’s mouth the worm intended to devour her but Aletha jumped to the side with blistering speed to the dodge the monster’s mouth and jumped back to land a punch on the worm’s body.

It was a successful hit but Aletha wasn’t done. She punched the darn insect’s body over and over with extreme speed. Until the insect felt all of her rage and hatred with it's whole being, she would not stop. But before she could release all her pent up anger the worm lost its form and disappeared into the air as black particles.

Aletha turned around. Hatred could still be seen in her eyes. The burning red flames still covered her full body. The man feared the woman but his eyes soon started emitting red light and his muscles suddenly expanded.

It made no difference to Aletha. She would beat him to death no matter how he looked. Within a moment she dashed towards the man like lightning. The man was fast enough to push the ground with all the strength in his legs to jump high into the air. Aletha turned around and raised her arms towards the man in the sky.

“YOU FOOL!”

At the next moment, immense flames shot out of the palms of her hands. The fire of wrath charged towards the man. It left no blind spot for him to escape into. Everything under him was filled with fire. As soon as the man reached the wall he slammed his four limbs into it, pushed it hard to launch himself higher into the air. The enormous flames followed him and soon engulfed his whole body within its embrace.

When the flames burned his whole skin and body, the man let out a cry. Soon he was plummetting down fast. He slammed onto the ground with his full body and stayed there immobile. Seeing the man defeated and dead, Aletha couldn’t help but grin. But her eyes shifted towards the body of her unconscious friend.

The flames that burned around Aletha's body soon began to subside. She ran and fell next to Jessica and shook her body violently.

“Wake up, wake up Jessica. Please”

Suddenly the veins of Aletha’s arms ached tremendously. Her whole body froze from the pain and she let out a cry. But she realized it wasn’t just her arms. Her whole body ached and was feverish. But that did not stop Aletha from turning Jessica’s body around.

Just then Aletha felt the wind blow next to her. Turning her gaze towards it she realized the man who was supposed to be dead was standing right next to her.

Her jaws dropped and her irises shook. The man gave him a hate filled look and slammed her face with the back of his hand. The force of the hit was so much that it knocked Aletha to the ground.

4