Chapter 12- Kailu’s Rage.
74 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She should just tell him what Kailu was up to. Even if he was legitimately strong and scary, she did not want to cower away like this. And even if Kailu became enraged and tried to kill them, the three of them could surely beat him, no doubt.  

Aletha got up to her feet and looked at Hikaru with a somber expression and spoke: 

“Umm, mister. There is something I need to tell you”

Hikaru looked at her with a brimming smile and poured all the vegetables into the soup.

“Sir, Kailu he-”

Suddenly, Hikaru’s body froze and his face became pale. He paused for a second, his eyes rolled in its sockets. Then he threw the wooden board away and rushed past Aletha and Jessica and ran out through the door.

“Wait!” yelled Aletha and sprinted after him, followed by Jessica.

The three of them quickly ran towards the small area with woods that was located roughly two hundred metres behind the hut. When Hikaru disappeared into the woods Aletha and Jessica trod with all their strength to not lose sight of him. After they got deep into the woods they spotted both  Kailu and Hikaru.

Kailu was sitting all alone in the wide treeless area. In his hand was a blue orb and its energy was being sucked out into Kailu's muddy hands. Hikaru looked at him with disgust in his eyes. But hearing the footsteps Kailu immediately turned his eyes back. Seeing the three of them his eyes turned crimson. He jumped up and pointed at Aletha with his index finger and exclaimed with anger: 

“I told you to keep that bald bastard occupied!”.

“I’m not going to listen to you. What you’re doing is wrong!” cried Aletha.

Kailu gave her a smirk.

“Well then, I’ll just have to teach you a lesson about why you should keep your promises

Kailu dashed with immense speed. The path he took to charge at them formed a curve. He wasn’t planning on attacking Hikaru.  His target was Aletha.

Before any thoughts could occupy her mind the flames of passion engulfed Aletha's body. She didn't know her powers worked but she was ready to launch any attack that came to her instinctually. But before the clash happened, Hikaru arrived in front of her. A gigantic white hammer materialized in his hands and he swung it with speed and strength towards Kailu. But Kailu was swift enough to jump high into the air.

Timing it Aletha stretched her arms towards him and a moment later, an enormous flame wave burst out of her hands. She was sure that the blazing flames burned him good, but a moment later Kailu appeared out of the flames with a wide grin. The gigantic worm known as Crawler had wrapped its master with its body, completely shielding him from the wrath of the flames.

Crawler vanished cause of its burning wounds but Kailu slammed Aletha’s face with the toe of his boot. The kick was strong enough to make her fall on her back, he himself landed on the ground unharmed. Jessica attacked him with two knives in each of her hands but with speed, Kailu dodged and grabbed her wrist when she attempted a strike. Without letting go of her, he raised his leg and kicked her on the jaw and jumped back just in time to dodge Hikaru’s gigantic hammer.

With great speed Kailu ran away to take distance and turned around towards them with a grin and tauntingly said:

“You guys are so weak! But it's no surprise. Two girls and a virgin monk. You guys perfectly fit each other”

Hikaru raised his hand and snapped his fingers. A flash of blinding light blinked in front of Kailu’s eyes. The next moment he screamed and yelled: 

“Ughhh! Shit, my eyes!”

A disc-like platform took form under Hikaru’s legs. Immediately the disc rushed towards Kailu with blazing speed carrying Hikaru with it. With a wide smile, Hikaru slammed the head of his hammer onto Kailu’s chest with all his might. The impact was so strong that Kailu got thrown backward into the air and slammed against a tree with his back and fell to the ground with his face. 

But with grunting and yelling he pushed the ground with his knuckles and sprang up. With bloodthirsty eyes he stared down towards the middle-aged man who showed no hatred towards him. Hikaru only spared a small smirk for him.

“That’s it. You asked for it!”

Kailu cried at the top of his lungs. The earth beneath them shook and soon the grassy earth was thrown into the air and a huge blood-red worm ascended to the surface from the depths of the ground. It had no face, only a circular mouth that had razor-sharp teeth that moved like insects. 

Jessica cried in horror and grabbed hold of Aletha's arm tightly. 

The worm jumped into the air and plummeted down, Aiming its mouth towards Kailu. It ate Kailu and sunk into the ground, leaving a gigantic dark hole in the ground. 

"W-what just happened?" asked Jessica. 

"Did Kailu just die or" Aletha started talking but the ground started to shake again.  

The disc quickly arrived next to the two girls and Hikaru who was on top of it yelled “Grab on”. 

Aletha and Jessica quickly got on the disc and hugged him tight. The disc blasted away at top speed. After a few moments of zig zaggy ride, they were out of the woods and were traveling in the plain field as the air swirled past their cheeks and ears.

The gigantic worm suddenly rose from the ground with its satanic mouth. It jumped high into the air and plummeted down with its mouth aimed towards the three. Jessica screamed helplessly, Aletha prepared her flame wave. From Hikaru’s back, two giant golden wings emerged. Without a pause he jumped into the air and dashed towards the worm with the wings in his back.

Without a care the sandworm swallowed Hikaru. It dived and sunk into the ground. The two girls managed to dodge its path thanks to the disc below them. Even without its user the disc still moved, although not as fast.

“I-is he, dead?” asked Jessica with teary eyes.

3