Chapter 17- An Apology
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two girls approached him. And the closer they got to him the more it became clear why he was motionless like a rock. The man had his legs crossed, placed both of his hands upon one another and put them on his legs. His back was straight and his head was lowered a bit. His eyes were closed. One could easily mistake him for a statue had it not been for the fact that he had the skin of a human.
      
“What are you doing?” asked Jessica with concern.
 
“Meditation”

“Meditation, huh?” repeated Aletha.

“Yes, I am simply observing my breath as it goes deep into my belly. And goes out of my belly through my nose” said Hikaru serenely.

“Huh, what does that do?” asked Aletha uncaringly.

“Breath is the essence of life. Starting from birth, throughout all your life until death, you are breathing. Automatically, constantly. Breath is also your life energy. Breath is what bridges you to your body and to existence”.

“And observing that means?” asked Aletha.  

“You get to know the you that the breath reaches” said Hikaru with a smile.

The two girls looked at him musingly.

“What are you trying to imply?” asked Aletha.

“That we’re not our bodies?” asked Jessica.

Hikaru laughed. He closed his eyes and continued his meditation further.

The two girls looked at his calm expression for a while but soon Aletha got bored and spoke:

“Mister Hikaru. You’re pretty strong, no? Could you teach me something? I’ve only recently been awakened into this world. I don’t know jack shit about how my soulnature work” said Aletha urgently.

Hikaru laughed.

“In the spiritual realm, one’s path to enlightenment is like a bird’s trail in the cloudless sky. The bird flies toward its destination. The marks, the footprints left behind the bird simply, disappear.

The same seems to be the case concerning our soulnature in this new world. Each person, each seeker will have to travel their own path. There is no ready-made way and methods you can copy. Because every person is special in this whole existence. If you copy my way you will just be an imitation of me. And it is better to be thyself than to follow another man’s footsteps”

“Tch, really?” said Aletha with scorn.

“Well, he isn’t lying. As far as I know, everyone’s powers work differently. Maybe he really can’t help you when it comes to that” said Jessica concernedly.     

“Yeah yeah. I get it. I just thought I could get some help” she said with disappointment.

“But I can be a good sparring partner.” said Hikaru.

Aletha nodded and spoke:

“Thanks. But I’m not in the mood right now”

Hikaru closed his eyes and continued his meditation. Not wanting to disturb him, Aletha and Jessica went back towards the hut. Upon entering it she saw Kailu still looking at the ceiling blankly. Ignoring him, she threw herself on the bed.

After twenty or so minutes of utter silence, Hikaru entered the hut. He walked up to Kailu and quickly grabbed him by his armpits and raised him up.

“W-wha, what are you doing?” yelled Kailu.

Hikaru lifted him high and put him on his shoulder, turned around and walked away. Jessica and Aletha looked at him with confusion but soon followed after them.

“Hey, let me go” yelled Kailu as he wiggled like a worm but his comments were not Hikaru’s concern.

Aletha and Jessica soon caught up to them.

“Where are you going? Hey!” screamed Jessica.

Hikaru did not answer. But following in his footsteps it was clear where the man was heading.  The four of them soon arrived in front of the mini forest. Hikaru steadily marched on. Aletha probably guessed where they were headed. It wasn’t long before they reached the depths of the forest. The soul orbs were quietly floating in the area but when Hikaru came they hopped off to the other side of the canvas. But likely were not afraid of Hikaru, only the person who was with him. Hikaru threw Kailu on the ground and looked at him with a frown.

“Apologize”

Kailu looked at him with distaste.

“Why? It’s not like they’ll be able to hear me.”

“They won’t hear. But they will feel” explained Hikaru.

Jessica and Aletha still eyed them. Kailu looked at the orbs. Soon a tickling sensation wrapped his body and his vision started to become fuzzy. Kailu grinned devilishly. The orbs bounced further away from him. Seeing this Hikaru smacked Kailu’s head with his knuckle and spoke:

“Do not be the slave of your desires. I told you how to go beyond them”.

“Shut up! I can’t help it okay. It feels great! And it’s my body, my rules. If I enjoy suckling on these bastards. Maybe I will, in the future”.

Hikaru slammed his head with his fist again and spoke:

“Pain and pleasure are two dimensions of a single phenomenon. Do not fall to the temptations. Do not fight the temptations. That will be a useless repression. Observe it. Observe how you’re falling unconscious. How the flames of desires are burning your body. If you manage to retain the pure observer you will merely rise above your desiring mind. That will be the only result. I am saying this not for myself. I am saying this for your sake”.
           
Kailu gritted his teeth and sat there silently. Soon his expression became much more relaxed. And his breathing seemed to have become much deeper and slower. The orbs did not retreat. They stood there without a movement.

Kailu opened his eyes and silently spoke:

“I, I’m sorry. I guess”

The orbs did not move. It wasn’t clear whether they understood his words or not.

“They don’t understand language. But they do feel” said Hikaru.

“Yeah, well that’s unfortunate. I don’t feel anything. Not any guilt. Why should I even” grunted Kailu.

“They do not need your guilt. Guilt does not help anyone. Only love and compassion can heal a wound” said Hikaru.

“What are you implying? That I’m supposed to make love to these orbs? Believe me, I’ve definitely experienced with orbs on the chest of women” said Kailu with a playful grin.

0