Was.
173 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Change of P.O.V: Judy:

"I... I have a girlfriend..." Those words haunted me as I returned unsteadily home.

They kept on repeating on my mind, and each time I felt as if my heart was being squeezed, it felt painful, my breathing got short, I felt as if a lump was on my throat, while I fought the tears which were threatening to fall.

The thing which hurt me the most was how out of content that was, there was no need for her to say that right than at all.

It was obvious that she understood that I had feelings for her and was cutting me entirely and straight away as if she was saying that I didn't even have a chance.

It's not that I was sure she didn't have anyone she loved, I expected that and I was even ready for her to hint to that, but for it to be said straight to my face without any indication of it coming, that hurt me even more, especially after I found that day with her so great and was still looking forward to the days coming for us to work together.

She started working with us around two months ago.

At first, it was just seeing her from time to time when shifts were going to end, just exchanging smiles and greetings.

She was the newest arrival for a while and of course, I had a bit of curiosity about her.

It wasn't till the first few times we worked together because of some circumstances that that curiosity started growing to something else.

Sam was too pretty, at least for me she was one of the prettiest women I ever saw, she also had a cheerful personality and one of the prettiest smiles I ever saw.

After those times we worked together, I started paying more attention to her and I usually would find myself thinking about her more and more, I also had a feeling I never felt before when thinking about her.

For me, who never was in a relationship and never loved anyone let alone girls, I got quite panicked when I realized what those feelings might be, but along with that panic, another feeling came.

It was the first time I felt like that, those feelings which seemed as if they were locked, the feeling of wanting to tell everyone about the happiness and sweetness sealed inside my chest.

Smiling to myself without a reason, the random thoughts about her from time to time, my heart skipping a beat when I saw her, all those little details made my first experience in falling in love so special for me, and they made me fall even deeper.

I even asked the manager to change my shift to be with her, unfortunately, she didn't accept and I could only tell her in disappointment that if a chance comes for me to work in the same shift as Sam, to put me in it no matter what.

So you can imagine how happy I was when I got a call from the manager telling me that Alex wanted to change her shift with mine.

I gladly accepted with big expectations for the future.

And it was even better than I expected, just seeing Sam standing next to me for most of the day made me so full of happiness that I almost exploded.

Who would have thought that it would end up like that?

At that moment I kept on destroying myself more and more, remembering all my expectations, my feelings, my happiness for that day before remembering Sam's words, I knew I should stop but I couldn't, I just couldn't.

"God, you look like hell."

Just as I was holding my tears from falling for the umpteenth time I heard a voice coming from in front of me.

Lifting my head, I looked at the person in front of me with blurry vision due to tears in my eyes, I hurriedly wiped my tears and noticed that the person in front of me was the young man from before.

Remembering that it was mostly because of this man that Sam acted like that I got mad, and along with the pain I was feeling I threw everything at him and shouted:

"What do you want? And who are you anyway? How do you kn... Know Sa... Sam... Sob.."

Along with my release of emotions, the tears I was holding since the beginning started falling and I cried right then and there without caring about anything.

The young man just stood there looking at me, he didn't say anything nor did he make any movement, he just stood there and looked at me calmly, waiting for me to calm down.

When I did he opened his mouth and said in a gentle calming voice:

"My name is Dan, I would be happy to answer any of your questions, but not here, come on, let's go and get a coffee, there's a great cafe nearby... I might say that but actually I just heard that from a friend of mine."

His voice was calm and it made me calm down a bit, some of my anger and frustration also disappeared as I nodded to him to lead the way, I wanted to know what happened to Sam, who was this man and why was Sam reaction so big when she saw him.

We entered a cafe and I sat opposite to him awaiting his words, but he didn't say anything he just called a waitress and asked for a coffee, before turning to me and asking me what I wanted, I felt like just shouting at him to start speaking already, but seeing the waitress looking at me I calmed myself and ordered a coffee.

There wasn't a lot of people in the cafe shop at that moment and our orders were given to us soon while waiting I calmed down even more and some of my rationality returned.

"I see that you've finally calmed down," he said, smiled and then added:

"As I said, my name is Dan and I'm... I mean, I was, Sam's best friend."

9