Friend.
151 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Judy was having a horrible day, she felt weak all over and she just wanted to fell and sleep as long as she could.

The first day she fell ill it wasn't anything that serious, just some fever and a bit of weakness, so she called the manager and told her that she won't be able to come.

The second day, it became even worst and she started coughing.

And that day, the third one, it became even worst.

Her thoughts in the first two days were mostly wondering to Sam and how she will react to her not going to work.

Will she miss her? Will she be worried about her? And of course... Will she come to visit?

After what Dan told her that day, she decided to be a friend to Sam, she still had feelings for her and still wanted to be loved by her, but more than that she wanted to be someone who Sam can depend on.

Knowing how Sam's relationship with her girlfriend was from Dan, she did some research when she returned home that day.

After she was done she knew that Brittney was trying to isolate her from her circle of friends and family, something common in abusive relationships, she was trying to cut her off, and make her dependent on her and have no one else to talk to or depend on.

Judy knew that Sam was probably lonely and isolated, which made her situation even worst, so she decided to give up her feelings for Sam, she was going to help her, and doing so by trying to get her love wasn't going to work.

That was the reason why she hugged Sam without even thinking the day after meeting Dan, she just felt that she was so pitiful and needed love and care, especially after remembering how she didn't notice anything wrong at all, she could hardly come to imagine how it is to live behind a mask.

Sam had been with Brittney for a long time, and during all that long duration, the thing which was implanted in her mind the most must have been to never even try cheating on her, and so, anything she was going to try with romantic motives was going to be ringing the alarm bells that Brittney put in Sam's head.

So even though it was hard for her, she had to put her feelings aside, Sam at that moment didn't need a romance, pure love wasn't going to save her, she needed a friend, one who she can depend on no matter what, someone who would be there for her whenever she needed, and she was going to be that person.

She also knew that Brittney didn't want Sam to have friends around her, so that was also going to be hard, but it was going to be much easier than coming at her romantically.

But even though she had already decided to be the best friend for Sam, she couldn't control her emotions entirely...

While she was lying in her bed in her haze, she felt as if she heard faint knocking on her door.

She lived alone and her friends had already came and left because they had things to do.

Getting up with some confusion and expectations she opened the door, she knew it was small but she really wished that it was going to be Sam.

Unfortunately for her, the face she saw when she opened the door wasn't the one she wanted to see, instead it was her landlord's face.

He was a middle-aged man with quite a good reputation and was actually loved by most tenants, Judy being one of them, but she still felt a bit down when she saw him.

"Hey, Judy... You don't look well, wanna go to the hospital?" He greeted her first before asking with some concern when he saw her horrible state.

"Cough... No, I'm alright... What's wrong?"

"You should take care of yourself..." He first said that before turning behind him and adding with a smile:

"I found a lost kitten who was searching for you..."

Judy got confused and looked behind him, standing there with her head lowered was a girl with a small built who seemed timid and nervous at that moment, seeing her like that Judy totally understood why would the landlord call her a lost kitten, but that thought just flashed through her mind as another one soon filled all of it, 'Sam came.'

"Sam!" She shouted happily, even though that made her go on a coughing fit.

Sam lifted her head worriedly once she heard that, and took a few steps forward.

Seeing that the two girls really seemed to know each other, the landlord told Judy to take care of herself and left.

"Come on... Enter..." Judy couldn't believe what was happening at all, and she had to stop herself from panicking, but then she remembered that her house was a mess, it was horrible.

She hated to admit it but she wasn't the best at keeping her place tidy, and it got even worst after she fell ill for the last few days.

Her friends did help a little but not that much as they didn't have a lot of time to clean and organise it entirely.

Thinking that Sam was going to enter and see her house like that, she almost pushed her out so she can have time to do so, but she couldn't as Sam had already entered and was looking around her curiously...

Sam had a weird expression on her face as she did so, one which made Judy even more flustered, she could even swear that she noticed her sniff a bit...

"Oh... Emm... Sorry for coming just like that... You didn't come for the last few days and I got worried... Here, I brought you some fruits..." Sam seemed as if she finally returned to her senses after that sniff, as she said with a red face.

Judy was going to answer but then her vision turned blurry and she almost fell, she already wasn't that well, and getting excited over Sam being there only made her situation worst.

~~~~~

Today's chapter, hope you loved it~~~

12