I Ran.
127 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Judy's P.O.V:

After I finished my words and I calmed down a bit, worry and fear started kicking in, what if I had gone too far? What if what I said was way too much for Sam to handle?

But even though I was afraid and worried, I still didn't regret anything, Sam had to hear that, especially at that moment when it felt as if something was on her mind and she seemed confused and uncertain.

"... I... I have to go..." Sam didn't talk for a long while, but the first thing she said after opening her mouth, was her, with trembling lips and shaking voice, telling me that she wanted to leave, and right after that she got up.

My blood ran cold when my mind understood what she said, I felt a chill go through my whole body and I hurriedly stood up trying to stop her.

I extended my arm trying to hold her, but she avoided it, I froze, it was the first time something like that happened.

I looked at Sam blankly, waiting for her to say something...

Our eyes only met for a second before she averted her's as if she didn't want to meet mine.

"... I... I'm sorry... I have to go... Sorry..." After saying that she left as if she was running.

I just stood in my place, while not knowing what to do, my feelings were a mess, I knew since the beginning that there was a chance of her acting like that if what I said was way above what she could handle, and I was ready for it... At least I thought I was ready.

But it still hurt, seeing her leaving like that, it hurt me, more than I thought it would.

Sam didn't even turn to look back as she left, as if she was running for her life.

I stayed like that looking at where she disappeared even after a long time had passed.

After I was finally sure that she wouldn't be back, I fell on the bench and covered my face with my hands while leaning forward.

I felt like crying, and I felt mad at myself for saying all of that, I hated how I just went and made such a happy day so much worst.

'Did I go overboard with my words?'

'Maybe I shouldn't have done that? Maybe I should have used a different way?'

'Why did I have to say that?'

'Idiot... Idiot look what you've done... I shouldn't have done that... I shouldn't hav..." I felt a lump in my throat and all my thoughts got messed up.

I kept on thinking about Sam's pained smile when she asked me about how I thought of her relationship with Brittney, about the plea in her eyes, the nervousness which was clear to see throughout all of her body, and finally how she left as if she was running.

I just set like that for a while till I gradually calmed down, I wiped the tears from the side of my eyes and stood up slowly.

The ride home was so bleak, I felt empty and my body was so heavy.

I paid the taxi driver who had been trying to start a conversation with me at the beginning before stopping after seeing that I wasn't in a state to do so and went home.

As soon as I reached my bedroom I threw myself headfirst to my bed, without doing anything else and without even changing my clothes nor taking my shoes off, I just planted my face straight to my pillow as I let the tears I held for a long time fell down... And just like that... Soon after, I fell asleep.

Change of P.O.V:

"Little girl, you sure you want to get down here? It's so late at night? I can give you some money so you can spend the night at some hotel, everything else can wait for the sun to come up." The old taxi driver said to me in a worried tone.

I could understand why he was worried, it was around three in the morning, and I had nothing on me except my phone which I was clutching.

Even my clothes weren't something which someone who was walking in the middle of the cold night should be wearing, they were barely keeping any heat at all.

But even though I understood that I didn't want to impose any more on the kind old man, he stopped on his own when he saw me walking aimlessly on the streets while hugging my shoulders, he suggested to take me where I wanted to go without needing any payment, I couldn't take his money on top of all of that.

So shaking my head I said:

"No It's alright, thank you, grandpa... Without you, I don't know what I would have done..."

"Little girl... There's no need for that, I'm really serious, it is 3 am right now, not exactly a safe hour for a young girl like you to be walking around." The old man asked again with a clear hint of worry.

Smiling at him, I answered:

"No, it really is alright... I... I'm going to the house of a friend... Yes, a close friend..."

Hearing that the old man seemed to be finally put at ease as he said:

"Ok, take care of yourself then."

"Yeah, I will... Thanks again..." 

I said goodbye to the old man before leaving the car, yet he didn't leave after I got down, he kept on sitting inside his car while waiting.

Knowing that he was still worried about me, I lifted my phone, which got a few new cracks along with its screen due to what happened that evening and keyed in the phone number I memorized from before.

It rang and with each tone my heart would skip a beat.

The first time no one answered... So I called again... And the second time no one answered too, and panic started kicking in.

So with a fast-beating heart, and a trembling finger... I called for the third time.

And fortunately, this time it was answered.

"Who's this?" Hearing the drowsy voice, my heart stopped for half a second before it started beating even faster again.

Holding my tears which were going to fell, I opened my mouth and said with a trembling voice, which I was barely able to recognize as my own:

"... Ju... Judy... It's me... Sam..."

I heard a series of sound from the other side, as if someone jumped to their feet and almost fell in the process.

"S... Sam, what's wrong...? Where are you?... Do you need help... Don't worry I'll be there soon..."

Hearing the worried voice from the other side and remembering the painful expression she had when I avoided her that evening, I couldn't control my tears anymore as I said:

"I... I'm at your door... I... I ran from home... From Brittney..."

~~~~~~

Hope you liked the chapter~~

See ya tomorrow~~

7