Returning.
128 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sam's P.O.V:

I was awakened by a stinging pain from my neck, I opened my eyes and found that it was sour and that even moving it was painful, a bit similar to how your arms and legs would be after an intense workout the day before.

The pain cleared my mind fast and the memories of what happened to me the day before came to me... Along with some memories I tried to forget long ago.

Pushing myself up I looked around me, the room was still messy, just like the last time I was there, it was a bit better, but that was it, just a bit.

I lifted my phone and looked at the time, it was already 11, seeing that I knew that Judy most have already left and that I was probably alone in her home.

I didn't know how to act at that moment, staying at a friend's house was something I didn't experience for a long time, not to mention being alone, without the friend being there.

I stayed in bed for a while unsure about what to do, but I eventually had to got up.

I left the room and as I expected no one was there, the place was silent, giving that usual feeling of emptiness, along with how I was already feeling, it became even weirder for me.

I looked around and my eyes fell on a paper which was on the table, I lifted it and found that it was, obviously, something Judy wrote to me:

"Hey Sam

First, I went and brought you a toothbrush, it's still in its package in the bathroom... 

Second, the rightmost door of the closet in my room holds some of my clothes, if you want to change you can wear anything you want... I would have loved to prepare something for you to wear but you were sleeping and I didn't want to come in and wake you up so... hehe... Also, there are some ingredients in the fridge so you can cook something for yourself... Is that all?? Arggh that's all that I could come up with after squeezing my mind for a while hehe... Oh I almost forget, I will leave you a copy of my key, I'll put it next to the tv, just in case you want to go out, also you can use the tv, my laptop or whatever, the password of my laptop is..... Sorry if I forgot anything... Also, you can call me or message me After you wake up if you need anything, you know how work is so I might not reply so fast, but I will reply whenever I can... Anyway, that's all, I will be back as fast as I can, treat yourself at home, bye-bye."

A storm of mixed feelings hit me while reading that, and I felt as if I was going to cry again, but more so, I couldn't stop myself from showing a big smile.

Judy was probably one of the best things that had happened to me since a long long time ago, and I understood that and I appreciated it, I treasured her.

I first headed to the bathroom, where, as expected, I found the toothbrush she talked about.

I looked at myself in the mirror and saw the few faint bruises on my neck, they weren't that clear and they were not as bad as the last time it happened.

I didn't want to look at them anymore so I lowered my head hurriedly.

I soon got out of the bathroom after I was done and looked around me in confusion, wondering what I should do.

My stomach sounded at that moment, telling me the answer.

I felt awkward, as I moved to the kitchen, opening the fridge, and looking at what was inside, I noticed that most of the ingredients were new and fresh, as if they were just bought, which I guessed was probably right from how Judy acted and was.

After preparing something light for myself, in an awkward state because of using someone else's kitchen, I set down to have my breakfast... Or lunch, whatever it was.

I took small bites and chewed well before swallowing, and even then I felt a bit of pain.

I knew from experience how things can be after being strangled, it's just that this time it was much better.

After washing the dishes, I again set in silence, I didn't feel any boredom, because I needed a bit of time like that, to think about what I'm going to do from then on and how to deal with the situation.

Staying with Judy wasn't an option, and neither was returning to Brittney... Obviously.

So I had to deal with that problem soon enough.

Even though I knew that Judy didn't have any problems with that, it was still going to be uncomfortable for me to stay in her place, and I simply didn't want to be a dead weight to her.

I don't know how I lost myself in my thoughts for that long, but after I returned to my senses I found out that it was already so late, Judy was coming back soon.

I found it surprising for how long I sat there, just thinking to myself while looking blankly at the air.

I mean it's not like nothing came out of it... A lot of things get sorted out in those hours... Things I didn't even want to think about before... Things I just wanted to not deal with.

So in the short amount of time, before Judy returned, I went around the house and cleaned what needed to be cleaned, I just needed something to put my mind on while waiting for her to come back.

Just as I finished cleaning I heated the sound of the key being inserted and turned. Going to the front door, as expected I found Judy there.

As I laid my eyes on her, I released a deep breath of relief, there was nothing wrong about her, she didn't seem injured, her clothes were alright and her face had a pretty smile on it.

One of the things I was most afraid of was Brittney going to the shop and Judy, or some of the others, getting in an argument or a fight with her.

But from what I saw, at least it seemed that nothing bad happened to them.

"Hey Sam, how was your day." Judy opened her mouth and said with a big smile on her face.

"It was great, how was yours?" I said while walking towards her and returning her smile.

"I... It was good." Judy showed a somehow unnatural expression before moving hurriedly in with what appeared to be a faint blush?

After she changed and finally set down, I walked to her, set down and asked hesitantly:

"How... How was work?" That wasn't what I wanted to ask, but I couldn't bring myself to ask her straight away about it.

"It was good, you know how work can be, just the usual," Judy answered in a cheerful tone.

"Then did... Did Brittney come there? Did she... Bring you any trouble..."

I had to know the answer to that, I had a feeling that she was going to be there, that she will for sure come to search for me, and one of the first places she would go to was, of course, the jewellery shop, so I was a bit afraid about what might happen if she went there and a fight broke out.

"... She came... But don't worry nothing happened... Everything got dealt with well..." She hesitated at first, seeming as if she was wondering if she should tell me about what happened or no, but she did finally tell me something, it wasn't everything, I was able to see that, but she did tell me that Brittney came.

My heart tightened when I heard that and I worried about what happened, yet I also understood from her face, that she wasn't going to add any more.

"Let us not talk about that, tell me how was your day, I'm interested in what you did?" Judy tried to steer the subject.

"... Hehe... I actually spent most of the day spacing out... You know... Thinking about what to do and my next step from here..." I was going to wait till dinner to tell her about it, but since she asked me I thought that I might as well tell her.

"Really I'm glad that you had time to think it through, so what is it? What did you come up with?" Judy showed keen interest in my choice as she set straight up and leaned forward a bit.

Looking at her like that, I opened my mouth and said in a voice which seemed a bit thick and hoarse:

"I'm... I'm going home... I'll return to my family..."

~~~~~~

Hope you liked the chapter~~

The novel is getting closer to the end.. Just a few more chapters

See ya later~~~

8